Showers

40 Days

Walking from Darble towards John Peel last year there were some showers in what i thought was crew camping, but looking at the map may be cyclists camping.

Although not for general public they seemed to be allowing people to use them after 12.00 and there was only a few people waiting.

Initially they seemed free to use, but going past on the Sunday i think there was a £5.00 charge.

On 19/05/2017 at 0:34 PM, tjamest said:

Walking from Darble towards John Peel last year there were some showers in what i thought was crew camping, but looking at the map may be cyclists camping.

Although not for general public they seemed to be allowing people to use them after 12.00 and there was only a few people waiting.

Initially they seemed free to use, but going past on the Sunday i think there was a £5.00 charge.

This sounds promising as I think we'll be towards that end of the site... so anyone can use them as for a £5 charge? Happy to pay that tbh.

Edit - looks like only cyclist camp visitors can use them? http://www.biketoglasto.co.uk/campsite.php

Edited by 40 Days

I think those showers are in the cyclists compound. They will be free to use for those in the cyclists camping but they probably charge other punters to use them after the rush. I also think they are solar powered so I think they only have a limited amount of warm water per day.  

1 hour ago, 40 Days said:

This sounds promising as I think we'll be towards that end of the site... so anyone can use them as for a £5 charge? Happy to pay that tbh.

Edit - looks like only cyclist camp visitors can use them? http://www.biketoglasto.co.uk/campsite.php

They (almost) definitely had a sign on the fence facing outwards which seemed to suggest that they were happy for non cyclist to use the facilities after a certain time. Maybe not totally official and more of something that some enterprising stewards decided on. But worth checking out if you are down that part of the site.

Have done showering at festivals in the past. Sneaked into Leeds fest showers after they closed a few times to avoid the queue, but meant showering in dark with cold water :P 

But these days I find a pack of wet wipes, bucket of water and a flannel is all I need for a good wash. Finding on-site showers and waiting ages for them seems like a waste of time at Glastonbury, always something better to be doing.

Edited by I am Jon

On 19 May 2017 at 0:26 PM, steph78 said:

Hi Guys  - we take a shower tent and our own shower you just add a kettle of water to get a great warm shower have one every day this is great, you just pump it to get pressure!!!

https://www.amazon.co.uk/s/?ie=UTF8&keywords=hozelock+porta+shower&tag=googhydr-21&index=aps&hvadid=155858366073&hvpos=1t1&hvnetw=g&hvrand=2076337304608095627&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=e&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9046422&hvtargid=kwd-30503976431&ref=pd_sl_9bz4dv1ihq_e

I had a cheaper version from a home bargins style shop. One boiling kettle, two cold was a good mix (tested at home!). Only problem with the cheap version there was not a shower head, so more of a dribble but no one minded in our group.

This year ive got a shower in the crappy old caravan but I'll probably take the pressure shower because I anticiapate it being easier to boil a kettle than wait for 9litres of water to warm up for each person.

Edited by Upside down frowner

• 3 weeks later...
19 hours ago, 40 Days said:

Seeing as though it looks like it could be a warm one this year, I reckon the showers are going to be popular. Has anyone tried this kind of thing - how effective are they? https://www.amazon.co.uk/Yellowstone-Camping-Shower-20-Litre/dp/B002ZF9WHA

My friend takes a solar shower with her every year, seems to work well, if its really sunny it can get too hot to use, but not so good if its pissing it down all day...