Baby transport

rachmac

Hello

So this will be my 13th glasto but first with my little girl who will be 9months (was pregnant at glasto last year). We're really excited about taking her - we don't spend much time at music stages anyway - although we have conceded to book a pitch at pop up motel to reduce stress of finding somewhere to camp! 

We have bought a secondhand bike trailer to use as a buggy (we have a rucksack carrier too but can't use that all the time we both have bad backs - will prob use lock ups to swap between if needed) and just wondering what others have done in terms of bike trailers for baby transport/sleep. I think we probably need something like this as she's a little small for it at mo. https://www.athleteshop.co.uk/melia-aron-toddler-seat

any ideas/thoughts/tips welcome :D

we took our daughter for the first time when she was 9 months old. it is easier to get around the busier areas with the back pack but the set up you describe looks fine. You will find some areas are very busy for any pram or wheeled transport but just build in plenty time to get to places and you will be fine. 

Do visit the Kids Field and the greenpeace Kids areas. In the Kids field ( next to the Accoustic field) there is a baby feeding area and for small kids a massive sandpit under a sun shade canopy. My daughter is a teenager now and i miss visiting the Kids Field it is massively chilled in there and the loos are kept clean.

I think you will have a fantastic time :D

Thanks. We're really looking forward to it. Often walk around the kidz fields just the two of us to see what's going on and the kids having fun so really looking forward to being able to use it this year. We tend to live in the circus/cabaret/green craft areas so hoping having little one won't change our festival too much and I think she's going to love it she's so interested in everything! 

we did a smaller festival last year with our little boy who was 10 months then.  We too used a bike trailer (with the front wheel in place)  it was brilliant, What i did do though is put a board across the front of it (cable tied in place)  this stopped him from climbing out whilst on the move.  It also had enough room to load with pillows and blankets to make a bed from him to get his head down when he was tired.  There was also enough room to carry all the "baby paraphernalia" that is required.  

buggy.jpg

Thanks for this we have the same/similar trailer so great to see what you did. Think we'll wait till a little nearer the time before we decide what to do as she'll be bigger by then but this is certainly an option. 

We are planning lots of lights and will try to avoid crowds/peak periods as much as possible - at least we know the site and what to expect!

Unfortunately a sling isn't an option as my little girl doesn't like them. But we have the rucksack carrier so can alternate between them. 

4 hours ago, Mr Cake said:

we did a smaller festival last year with our little boy who was 10 months then.  We too used a bike trailer (with the front wheel in place)  it was brilliant, What i did do though is put a board across the front of it (cable tied in place)  this stopped him from climbing out whilst on the move.  It also had enough room to load with pillows and blankets to make a bed from him to get his head down when he was tired.  There was also enough room to carry all the "baby paraphernalia" that is required.  

buggy.jpg