Don't vote Tory

dimus

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

18 minutes ago, russycarps said:

This is complete and utter bollocks.

The undecideds were persuaded to vote leave by lies about the NHS and lies which preyed on their racist instincts.

Lies which they believed because they are thick c**ts.

Well I can tell you in many instances you are incorrect.

You think that calling people thick c**ts and running the remain campaign through ridiculous scare tactics like it was a general election was the correct way to go about things?

I don't. Surely the best way to go about things was to actually present the facts and let people actually see for themselves what the most beneficial way to vote should be. Debunk the lies or far fetched circumstances that the leave campaign were pushing.

Do you honestly believe you live in a country where the majority are racists and thick bastards?

3 minutes ago, russycarps said:

I am proud of the fact my family live in an area which voted 58% remain. It's called Liverpool.

Take out the students and the leafy suburbs you get a different picture.What would you know about that?Your pseudo knowledge of the city is great to hear.

I hate to go all Russel brand on you russy but I think you go about this the wrong way. 

I agree that there are serious issues with racial prejudice and uneducation in the voting public. But calling them racist and thick bastards is the easiest way to discredit them. 

The reason why I struggle to relate to the majority of the left right now is we've given up discussing with people. Anyone who disagrees with us is just a racist, homophobic bastard etc, and we think hurling insults at them will make them see the error of their ways

i know this is fully against your nature but you need to talk civilly with people who disagree with you. Not everyone who voted Brexit, trump, Tory etc is evil. They are real people who feel that these were the right decisions to make.

you're creating the monsters that you hate, by shunning them when they disclose their opinions. So they discuss them where they know is safest... the voting booth

1 minute ago, clarkete said:

Have you ever seen the front page of the Express or the Mail?

It doesn't sound like it.

Yes I have.

I know what you are getting at but let's be honest most people reading the Mail would of already made up their minds to vote leave.

Both the remain and leave campaigns used similar tactics but imo these tactics suited the leave campaign better. I just wish the people running the remain campaign just concentrated on putting the facts out there and trying to prove that what some of the leave campaign was lies instead of seemingly looking down at people who didn't wholly agree with them.

1 minute ago, Matt42 said:

I hate to go all Russel brand on you russy but I think you go about this the wrong way. 

I agree that there are serious issues with racial prejudice and uneducation in the voting public. But calling them racist and thick bastards is the easiest way to discredit them. 

The reason why I struggle to relate to the majority of the left right now is we've given up discussing with people. Anyone who disagrees with us is just a racist, homophobic bastard etc, and we think hurling insults at them will make them see the error of their ways

i know this is fully against your nature but you need to talk civilly with people who disagree with you. Not everyone who voted Brexit, trump, Tory etc is evil. They are real people who feel that these were the right decisions to make.

you're creating the monsters that you hate, by shunning them when they disclose their opinions. So they discuss them where they know is safest... the voting booth

great post Matt. :)

creating more division only ensures we stay divided.

8 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Very well put young man 

9 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

I'll leave it to the idealistic youth to do that.

I'm old enough to know I'd be wasting my breath. This country is full of shit.

3 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Good post mate and I totally agree.

1 minute ago, russycarps said:

This country is full of shit.

I wouldn't disagree with you particularly.

The point is: how the fuck do we change that?

I can't see how calling everyone who's not on your side a "racist c**t" is going to convince them that you're the man of righteousness they should stand alongside.

2 minutes ago, russycarps said:

I'll leave it to the idealistic youth to do that.

I'm old enough to know I'd be wasting my breath. This country is full of shit.

Causes problems and leaves it to the youth to sort

sound familiar? Kinda sounds like the people you dislike russ

5 minutes ago, The Placid Casual said:

This country has gone to shit because of your generation.

that may or may not be true - tho there's as much to suggest it's not as it is - but ultimately such attitudes don't progress anything, they just help entrench where we are now.

We are where we are. Accept it, and  work a solution from it.

There's no solution to be worked up from an "if the world was a better place" angle.

2 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

that may or may not be true - tho there's as much to suggest it's not as it is - but ultimately such attitudes don't progress anything, they just help entrench where we are now.

We are where we are. Accept it, and  work a solution from it.

There's no solution to be worked up from an "if the world was a better place" angle.

There's always a problem to be solved, agreed. Russy's attitude to just let us youth sort out all the problems they left behind however is rather poor.

Just now, The Placid Casual said:

There's always a problem to be solved, agreed. Russy's attitude to just let us youth sort out all the problems they left behind however is rather poor.

I had a pop at Russy too. You & Russy are both the same on this - blaming people, but offering fuck all to change anything.

I've known for 30 years that (imo) the UK electorate is as thick as pigshit, but knowing they're as thick as pigshit doesn't create the better world I'd like.

We are what we are, and that means there's also limits to how much we'll change (in a short-ish amount of time, anyway).

The Corbynite "utopia or nothing" attitude is at least as fucking stupid as as anything which might be blamed on brexit voters or tory voters, the old, or the young.