Don't vote Tory

dimus

1 minute ago, Keva said:

Na, he was supposed to be last year but pulled out.

Because of the sudden leadership contest. John Mcdonnell was also meant to be there last year but pulled out for the same reason, but is at leftfield this year (as is Clive Lewis and varufakis), all of whom I am looking forward to seeing. Someone on another thread posted Corbyn will be on pyramid on Saturday. 

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd like to think I won't have to put up with political discussions whilst away ...couldn't give a monkeys who's appearing but I for one won't be listening ... a few days break from everyday life for me not some party political broadcast from any one of them 

10 hours ago, Mr.Tease said:

Because of the sudden leadership contest. 

nope, that hadn't happened at the point he cancelled. There weren't even media whispers of it at that point.

It was because he'd half-heartedly campaigned against a brexit he had wanted all his political career, as well as gone on holiday during the campaign, and refused to engage with the media to get the message across, all leading to the EUref being lost and political crises kicked off.

That's not me pinning everything for the loss on Jez, to be clear - but he certainly didn't make as much effort as he might have made.

Edited by eFestivals

2 hours ago, eFestivals said:

nope, that hadn't happened at the point he cancelled. There weren't even media whispers of it at that point.

It was because he'd half-heartedly campaigned against a brexit he had wanted all his political career, as well as gone on holiday during the campaign, and refused to engage with the media to get the message across, all leading to the EUref being lost and political crises kicked off.

That's not me pinning everything for the loss on Jez, to be clear - but he certainly didn't make as much effort as he might have made.

Nope I was there when Billy Bragg announced the cancellation Friday night, said that Labour shadow cabinet were about to resign or had resigned and what a stupid own goal it was to have a leadership contest now, then clarified on Saturday Mcdonnell and Corbyn had to pull out to sort it out.

Corbyn ddidn't cause brexit, but feel free to peddle that myth

Edited by Mr.Tease

I see May has once again demonstrated her strong and stable leadership by visiting Kensington AND NOT EVEN TALKING TO ANY OF THE VICTIMS!

She repeately makes sh*t decisions had no idea of what good leadership entails.

She is a liability across the piece and has to go 

20 hours ago, Zac Quinn said:

Yeah, used to be Yanis Varoufakis but Gonzo rightly pointed out the other day that Mr V has made noises in support of Assange so the change was triggered. Love Chuka. 

Apparently they changed their constitution to ensure it couldn't happen again without the members saying so, so probably unlikely to go through with it. Thank goodness 

I like Chuka too. Really wish he hadnt pulled out of the leadership contest but I guess he had his reasons. Felt like I should have said something to him but chickened out. He's also extremely good-looking in real life, which didn't help!

Just now, Zoo Music Girl said:

I like Chuka too. Really wish he hadnt pulled out of the leadership contest but I guess he had his reasons. Felt like I should have said something to him but chickened out. He's also extremely good-looking in real life, which didn't help!

I saw him getting into a lift at conference a couple of years ago, looked surprisingly short although apparently he's 6ft so maybe he was just surrounded by literal giants. Agree re his leadership bid but he's very young, time is on his side particularly now the Corbyn project is going to finish one way or the other much sooner than expected !