Don't vote Tory

dimus

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I liked this comeback.....rudd attempts again to smear him as some kind of terrorist sympathiser....he explains quite logically why hes voted the way he has in the past (ideals up for vote gave to much executive power with no oversight...thats obviously dangerous in any democracy) and happened to mention the small fact that Theresa may, David davies and others ALSO voted against the same legalisation they are criticising corbyn for voting against.....yep...she tried to smear Jeremy and ended up burning her own leader and exposing her hypocrisy....that is how you lose a debate folks!

I tell you what if there is ANYONE out there who still believes that corbyn and labour have no chance in june and that the tories are going to get their massive majority then they must have been living in a fucking cave....the tory party is being absolutely destroyed everytime they try and present their arguments. its awesome to see :)

This as well....she says `judge us on our record` and just gets fucking laughed at quite audibly! says it all doesnt it? 

Edited by waterfalls212434

35 minutes ago, Mr.Tease said:

And right on cue, the Sun pushes Rudd is a hero line because her dad died on Monday and she still did the debate. Personally I think that makes May look worse. 

Definitely, Theresa may still pushes her subordinate into a high pressure situation despite that hanging over her? shows how little human soul the cowardly bitch actually has eh?

Just now, eFestivals said:

misogyny. nice. true leftist.

so you do have a problem with the left? glad you got that out in the open eh? as for what I said, she is a fucking bitch mate? what do you want me to do call her a nice person even though she plainly isnt? shes a bitch like nuttal is an absolute c**t.....you want to attack me for saying that as well? at this point you just seem incredibly bitter that your ideas of what was going to happen arent being seen out as actually whats happening....nice bitchy little attack on someone above for attacking paul nuttal as well...you a ukip fan as well now pal? I think we`re learning a lot about the bloke behind efests in this thread, none of it good! 

but you know what thats all im going to say to you because its not about you mate, retreat to your little corbyn hating corner thats by the way becoming less and less populated and let those who actually believe in a positive future rather then being mr fucking negative all the time, its about labour, its about corbyn, now is our time, the man is going to perform a miracle politically on june 8th (I think this would be the biggest swing achieved in a long long time wouldnt it?) and I will be one of those congratulating him and looking forward to a more positive future for our generation and those that follow us.....I certainly wont be on here dicing with some random on a forum with his petty little barbs because he cant stand being on a losing side.

ta ta pal ta ta indeed! :)

We do get it now though Neil, you don't like Corbyn... Right or wrong, but with just over a week to go until the general election I'm failing to see any viable alternatives to vote for... So what's the point in all this axe grinding, where is it getting you other than using up you time? 

4 minutes ago, FrancisH said:

We do get it now though Neil, you don't like Corbyn... Right or wrong, but with just over a week to go until the general election I'm failing to see any viable alternatives to vote for... So what's the point in all this axe grinding, where is it getting you other than using up you time? 

If you care to notice I've barely said a word against Corbyn for a while.

Do you have a problem with the truth? Labour are still a long way behind in the polls. It can be said. :)

Meanwhile there's bigger problems than anything I might think of Corbyn. Just look around.

Edited by eFestivals

Yeah I totally agree - but with that in mind I mean, this thread is mostly you debating with somebody about Corbyn to be fair, obviously you're not just going to sit there while people demand you like him or whatever. I don't know - it all just seems like everyone's been going round in circles for ages on here! Just my thoughts.

52 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

I'm going to rate the leaders in order of how well I think they did ... 

1) Caroline lucas 

2) Jeremy corbyn 

3) Leanne wood 

4) Angus robertson 

5) Tim farron 

6) the puppet 

7) Paul Nutty 

Pretty much agree, although I would probably put farron up a bit and corbyn down a bit. Although everyone under Lucas and above Rudd were much of a muchness if I'm honest. No one will gain from this.

the only likely loser will be the BBC with what I imagine the stick they will be getting for having a fairly uneven crowd. 

Edited by mjsell

2 minutes ago, mjsell said:

Pretty much agree, although I would probably put farron up a bit and corbyn down a bit. Although everyone under Lucas and Above Rudd were much of a muchness if I'm honest. No one will gain from this.

the only likely loser will be the BBC with what I imagine the stick they will be getting for having a fairly uneven crowd. 

I don't think it was the bbc that chose the audience ...I think the debate had my full attention before it started ..

3 minutes ago, mjsell said:

Pretty much agree, although I would probably put farron up a bit and corbyn down a bit. Although everyone under Lucas and above Rudd were much of a muchness if I'm honest. No one will gain from this.

Like I said, somehow Corbyn supporters know how to ensure they have a big majority in any TV audience when Corbyn is debating despite any attempts to get a representative audience- quite a knack! 

1 minute ago, crazyfool1 said:

I don't think it was the bbc that chose the audience ...I think the debate had my full attention before it started ..

BBC said they got a polling company, ComRes to get a representative audience along demographics and voting intent

7 minutes ago, FrancisH said:

Yeah I totally agree - but with that in mind I mean, this thread is mostly you debating with somebody about Corbyn to be fair, obviously you're not just going to sit there while people demand you like him or whatever. I don't know - it all just seems like everyone's been going round in circles for ages on here! Just my thoughts.

Well, there's never going to be full political agreement, and politics is an endless debate with ever changing factors - which is part of its fascination to someone like me, I guess.

No one's view ever wins, but there's stuff to talk about. And which would be more sensible talk without mad ranting and without the rejection of all inconvenient evidence or opinions, I reckon.

BTW, I've got no opinion on tonight cos I didn't see it cos I'm still working. So if you like, for the first time ever I'm giving Jezza the free pass many would like him to have. :P

1 minute ago, eFestivals said:

BTW, I've got no opinion on tonight cos I didn't see it cos I'm still working. So if you like, for the first time ever I'm giving Jezza the free pass many would like him to have. :P

I'd genuinely give it a watch. These things are normally boring with a couple of stand-out moments but this was just flat-out weird.

I wouldn't say Corbyn won it by any means, but the Tories certainly lost it. And I don't think that was through May not being there. I've never seen the Tories do so badly in any sort of televised discussion or interview. 

Corbyn was actually awake today (unlike at the Andrew Neil interview) and came across better than, frankly, I ever thought he could in this sort of environment. Paul Nuttal got torn apart by everyone except Rudd. And Rudd barely did anything.

I want you to watch it so you can tell me I'm living in my liberal bubble and Amber Rudd being disastrous was just my confirmation bias. Because it really didn't feel like that.

8 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

6 minutes ago, Mr.Tease said:

BBC said they got a polling company, ComRes to get a representative audience along demographics and voting intent

Unfortunately this won't stop the right wing media/electorate from holding it against them. 

My other worry for this debate is that there were too many left leaning opinions being chucked about, that they diluted each other's points. I think most of what Nuttal said was abhorrent, but for a right winger watching there wasn't much else being said that gave them an alternative to their thinking.