Block 9

fatyeti24

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow masters at work, that is a great booking and unlikely to have come cheap! Ooh and as Nuyorican Soul so they are obviously playing twice.

Very strong all over, probably stronger than average! Lets hope access is better this year with the field not being a complete bog. Fingers crossed! Got to get down early one night this year ^_^

Edited by Memory Man

4 minutes ago, Untz said:

Blawan back in the London Underground, please and thank you.

he is on Genosys.

The blurb from the official site is:

"Block9 have just announced their Glastonbury 2017 line-up, with a supercharged 10th anniversary special not to be missed in the Festival’s south east corner. A decade after the NYC Downlow first appeared, some of the biggest names in dance music join the ranks to put on an epic, unforgettable party.

The Genosys outdoor arena, 50 tonnes of concrete, steel and glass, continues to explore the birth of electronic music and its lasting legacy with Detroit techno pioneer Kevin Saunderson, Panorama Bar residents  Steffi & Virginia, UK heavyweight Blawan, and Hercules & Love Affair Soundsystem.

The NYC Downlow returns in 2017 to celebrate a triumphant decade of homocentric house, disco, funk & soul featuring the cream of the international gay underground. Enter the sinister Meatpackers’ warehouse to hear legendary New York duo Masters At Work, Chicago taste-maker Michael Serafini and Berlin’s Prosumer tear the house down. Live performances from Mykki Blanco, Mandel Turner and Jonny Woo.

The mighty London Underground showcases the best of the capital’s pirate radio and soundsystem culture. Fatman Sound bring tuff roots reggae on Sunday night while Peason Sound promises heavy UK garage vibes on Saturday. Long time collaborators Rinse FM team up on Friday night with Kowton, Loefah and Youngsta. Hold tight."

4 minutes ago, bennyhana22 said:

If the weather is OK, I LOVE Genosys (I actually love it even in 2016 mud!).

The sound last year was superb and the projections, when spangled, are bloody fantastic!

:)

Ben

As long as the sound is good, I'm sure it'll be great. It does sound like they've sorted out the sound since I was last there.

9 minutes ago, Untz said:

As long as the sound is good, I'm sure it'll be great. It does sound like they've sorted out the sound since I was last there.

Seriously, Untz, it was great, as Mez agrees above. For an outdoor dance stage I had no complaints. Volume was nicely loud too! Mud made it tough, but it was worth it.

Kevin Saunderson on there is going to be fantastic. Proper, Detroit sound, not just playing to the populist trends (I'm looking at you, cheesy tech-house!).

Ben