Soulwax

mpdow2

A few questions Neil.

You have TBC for Soulwax on Sunday. Had a couple of sort of related questions:

1) What info do you have on Soulwax playing?

2) Any idea what stage they would play?

3) With Justice and Moderat already down for playing Sunday, do you have any info on stage/times for them? I imagine a number of people here would like to see all 3.

I went to their Manchester show last week and was blown away!  Absolutely amazing live set.  I'd seen them twice before and left a bit underwhelmed both times but the current tour is next level.

I believe they gave a coy response to 6music when asked if they were playing which many took as a near enough self confirmation.

Personally if the Soulwax -> Justice dream on WH happens I'll be in so excited, can't think of a better way to dance out the festival!

6 minutes ago, zeppelin said:

I went to their Manchester show last week and was blown away!  Absolutely amazing live set.  I'd seen them twice before and left a bit underwhelmed both times but the current tour is next level.

I believe they gave a coy response to 6music when asked if they were playing which many took as a near enough self confirmation.

Personally if the Soulwax -> Justice dream on WH happens I'll be in so excited, can't think of a better way to dance out the festival!

Did they play anything of their early albums, or was it just new stuff?

5 minutes ago, zahidf said:

Did they play anything of their early albums, or was it just new stuff?

They dropped Krack nice and early (which was the one I really wanted to hear) and E-Talking came in towards the end.  I want to say NY Excuse as well.

I may have had a couple of beers in the sun beforehand so the specifics are blurry...

I'm aware of a lot of work from the past but found out from 6music they're playing with 3 drummers these days, has it always been this way? Need to check out this new stuff anyway and probably see them live, more drummers = more oh my God this is blowing me away.

(King Gizzard and Thee Oh Sees make it seem weird you'd only play with 1 drummer)

2 hours ago, jonodillieono said:

Krack

E talking

Ny excuse

Another excuse

Miserable girl

They were the highlights of the set by far, the new stuff was great live but lacks the kick and funness of the older stuff

Ah thanks. I was hoping for stuff like 2 many djs or much against everyones advice. Ill prob catch them at best kept secret anyway

On 4/16/2017 at 7:48 PM, priest17 said:

I'm aware of a lot of work from the past but found out from 6music they're playing with 3 drummers these days, has it always been this way? Need to check out this new stuff anyway and probably see them live, more drummers = more oh my God this is blowing me away.

(King Gizzard and Thee Oh Sees make it seem weird you'd only play with 1 drummer)

They had three when I saw them in Bilbao in July. They were also very good!

On 16/04/2017 at 7:48 PM, priest17 said:

Heard something about this too, even more of a reason to see them. Them followed by Justice or vice versa would be a great end to the weekend.

New Album is fucking great. The latest live shows look the business too from what I've seen on youtube etc, and yeah they do have 3 drummers on those. Really hope they turn out at Glastonbury but just incase they don't or horrible clash Ive got a ticket for the Saturday at Bluedot with the added bonus of Orbital. 

• 3 weeks later...