Flaminglippy

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just now, amfy said:

I would say that you need  least trainers with some grip. I don't think it's too boggy, but I think it's likely to be pretty slippy, especially once a lot of people have arrived and trodden the ground in.

Well it's not going to be mid 30s like sziget amfy. :lol:

11 hours ago, amfy said:

To be fair - I think I will cope better with rainy Brum than that couple of days when it was 38 degrees over there!

Think 3.8 degrees is more likely the way its looking at the minute.

I keep meaning to go and have a look at the site at lunch but don't have the willpower to avoid the 3 or 4 pubs I would pass on the way.

Edited by Flaminglippy

We had a tremendous time there tonight. 

The 2 stages are actually right next to each other and only exist so that the vibe doesn't drop during the changeover. The stage times indicated an overlap but every act on the bill was there to be seen.e

The atmosphere was lovely. There was a good amount of space, but this was added to by everyone's willingness just to let people past them. If you want to be nearer the front - go on! I think it benefitted from maybe being a little undersold. Everyone was really smiley, friendly and generally just up for a good time.

The craft beer/cider bar was great and it was brilliant to have 3 different good ciders on offer. There seemed to be a good variety of drinks on offer. Queues for beers  and toilets weren't unreasonable. Toilets stayed immaculate today from my experience!

i really hope this takes off and we see it back next year. Loved it. Bring on The Chemical Brothers and The Prodigy!

9 hours ago, amfy said:

We had a tremendous time there tonight. 

The 2 stages are actually right next to each other and only exist so that the vibe doesn't drop during the changeover. The stage times indicated an overlap but every act on the bill was there to be seen.e

The atmosphere was lovely. There was a good amount of space, but this was added to by everyone's willingness just to let people past them. If you want to be nearer the front - go on! I think it benefitted from maybe being a little undersold. Everyone was really smiley, friendly and generally just up for a good time.

The craft beer/cider bar was great and it was brilliant to have 3 different good ciders on offer. There seemed to be a good variety of drinks on offer. Queues for beers  and toilets weren't unreasonable. Toilets stayed immaculate today from my experience!

i really hope this takes off and we see it back next year. Loved it. Bring on The Chemical Brothers and The Prodigy!

Nice review Amfy, going there Sunday so a little insight has been useful.

Some people complained that the toilet queues were too long. Although they seemed lengthy, they moved fast, and the toilets themselves stayed in good nick throughout. I've certainly seen much worse queues, and far worse toilets elsewhere!

However, the festival have immediately responded by putting more toilets in for the remainder of the weekend! That's how you do organisation - good to see Brum managing this after some of the other festival derailments earlier in the summer!

The ground held up well yesterday despite some heavy downpours throughout the day, but I would say the grass has gone at the front and it could get slippy.

They have also put on their Facebook that you can take food and soft drinks in - so show security the Facebook page if they try to take this stuff off you!

Well done to the organisers. They did a great job  in putting on a quality event, when first attempts at a new venue can sometimes go wrong.

Sunday was always going to be my best day and loved Slowdive and JAMC. The locals I chatted to were all very friendly but I thought it was a pretty poor turnout to be honest especially considering the number of local bands on the bill over the w/e. It was great only having to walk 5 mins to get to the Hotel but I did have to endure the land of the zombies to get back. It's sad that there are so many desperate people round there.

Love to see it back next year but given the numbers I'm not sure it will happen. The signs saying Lunar Festival is back in 2018 might be the clue..

I went Saturday and Sunday and had a great time, shame they didn't sell more tickets as the whole weekend had a good lineup.

This article http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/whats-on/whats-on-news/new-music-festival-beyond-tracks-13626382 says that it won't be back next year as the organisers take stock but aims to be back in 2019 with a bigger festival.

Managed to snag some tickets for yesterday. Chuffed to see Slowdive.

Really great little festival. I thought there were enough toilets, excellent selection of drinks, food stools were decent (perhaps could've done with something sweet) and the staggered stages was a nice touch, especially with local bands playing the smaller one. 

Popped down for the Friday as the line up was amazing.

Very enjoyable festival! Loved the 2 stages side-by-side config, worked really well. Acts thru the afternoon were all good but all roads lead to LEFTFIELD - FAITHLESS DJ - ORBITAL... Wow!!

Lovely friendly up-for-it crowd, good selection of drinks, nice compact site and very good stage sound!

Well done to all involved!

33 minutes ago, Magical_Sounds said:

Loved the 2 stages side-by-side config, worked really well.

That's making me chuckle.

Before the days of festivals having 50 different stages most festivals had one or two. At Reading Festival, they had two - side by side, with the acts alternating.

It's a proper back to the past, full-circle ... and with festival overload and a million acts on the bill that you'll never get to see, perhaps it's the future.

Great festival...shame about the pisspoor turnout particularly the Sunday...not sure if the toilets would have been sufficient had it sold out. Gutted we paid £50 for tickets that they were flogging for a tenner! Some great music...J&MC and Editors were brilliant.  

Chatted to one of the stall holders who had said it had been terrible for them financially so doubt they will be back even if the festival is. 

Think the dodgems and Ferris wheel were a waste of time but otherwise pretty much faultless. 

We'd back but not fork out for early birds

Edited by Flaminglippy

On ‎18‎/‎09‎/‎2017 at 5:23 PM, eFestivals said:

That's making me chuckle.

Before the days of festivals having 50 different stages most festivals had one or two. At Reading Festival, they had two - side by side, with the acts alternating.

It's a proper back to the past, full-circle ... and with festival overload and a million acts on the bill that you'll never get to see, perhaps it's the future.

Haha, glad a caused you a little merriment there. :-)

The stage configuration worked well...  

On 18 September 2017 at 11:08 AM, xxialac said:

Brilliantly run festival.

Almost a 'how to' guide on how to do it right, particularly communication, managing expectations and it was nice to come away not feeling ripped off and could hardly have met a nicer crowd on the Friday.

Shame it doesn't seem to have sold enough.

There's no justice!

To be fair it only seems to have drastically undersold on Sunday, as the reduced ticket offer would have gone in more directions if they were concerned about Friday and Saturday.

Many festivals have to take a little hit in the first couple of years whilst they build their reputation, and the feedback on this one is good enough to build their reputation. I know some people thought £45 was too much, I don't know how easily they could put it on for less. For me, knowing Leftfield would cost that much on their own was enough to send me there on Friday. Did Sunday have the same kind of pull?

It will be a shame to move it though, as I really liked the city centre, slightly gritty location next to the railway line.

I did feel very proud of Birmingham though because it was such a lovely crowd!

I didn't go to this, but I had my eye on it, but other things got in the way. 

Regarding Sunday, they booked Peter Hook way too low IMO, if he had been 3rd down it looked much more appealing. 

If they run this again they need to do it outside of the football season IMO. I think it would have sold better, September kids are back at school, football is on, people go on holiday because its cheaper, theres a lot going on in September. Plus the weather has been crappy which didn't help I imagine. 

Birmingham has needed a festival like this since Soundstation never took off, that was a great festival I dunno why it never came back, it sold well and was a joy to be at.