Beyond The Tracks

Flaminglippy

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yes I agree , about time Birmingham had a decent festival. I'm going to go on the Sunday, East Side park is close to where I live, I can walk there and back, won't have to pay for travel or accommodation for once, happy days. I'm not sure if kids are allowed people have been asking on there twitter page, so you should find out soon.

52 minutes ago, Flaminglippy said:

About time we got a decent festival in Brum! Very happy with that line-up...the Sunday in particular looks right up my street. Happy days.

Thinking the same lippy, will be all over the Sunday with the editors headlining.

23 hours ago, Flaminglippy said:

Anybody know about whether kids are allowed, can't see owt about kid's tickets on 'Seetickets'??

@Flaminglippy Found this when I was on the website checking out camera policies, kids are allowed but you have to pay full price by the sounds of it.

Children at the festival.  

•     All children under 16 must attend the festival with an adult over 18. Please keep your children under supervision at all time

https://beyondthetracks.org/contact/

2 hours ago, thetime said:

@Flaminglippy Found this when I was on the website checking out camera policies, kids are allowed but you have to pay full price by the sounds of it.

Children at the festival.  

•     All children under 16 must attend the festival with an adult over 18. Please keep your children under supervision at all time

https://beyondthetracks.org/contact/

Cheers @thetime...I saw that and hoped that wasn't what it meant! No way I'm paying £100 for a 2 year old...not even I'm that daft. 

Looks like the tickets for this are shifting OK which bodes well. 

Not sure what this means, but noticed on the 'News' page there is a tag for The Levellers?? A headliner they were trying to get maybe, or an addition to come?? Struggle to see where they would fit in with the current line-up, although there does appear to be one more band on what I expect will be the main stage on Saturday than the Sunday (working on basis bands in blue are main stage and ones in white will be on a second stage??)

2017-04-19.thumb.png.12299928db9d0519ad2a81bac597fe74.png

Edited by Flaminglippy
Correction

3 hours ago, johnl said:

Taken the plunge. I'll be travelling up from Essex for the three days. It's almost perfect for me especially that Sunday.

If you need a heads up about hotels, think Hotel La Tour is closest but a bit pricey, but you'll have plenty of cheaper options within a 10-15 minute walk.

Edited by Flaminglippy
correction

• 3 months later...
On ‎27‎/‎07‎/‎2017 at 0:31 PM, RossTC said:

If you don't mind forking out an extra £20, 'The Briar Rose' (which is a Wetherspoons pub) has an exec room left for £85 on the Saturday night. Be about a 10-15 min walk from where the festival is. Think the hotel you're looking at is OK but probably not the best area to be walking through that time of night, whereas the Briar Rose is literally 2 mins from New St Train station so dead central.   

https://api.jdwetherspoon.com/hotel-booking-page/?est={0C9798EC-A3BA-4B65-A97A-A34EBF43827B}&cid=20170916&nights=1&adults=2&child=0

or the Copthorne (£71)

https://www.booking.com/hotel/gb/copthornebirmingham.en-gb.html?aid=304142;label=gen173nr-1DCAEoggJCAlhYSDNiBW5vcmVmaFCIAQGYAS64AQbIAQ7YAQPoAQGSAgF5qAID;sid=001a82e4d0f369ac391d21a21a5b757f;atlas_src=hp_iw_title;checkin=2017-09-16;checkout=2017-09-17;dist=0;group_adults=2;group_children=0;no_rooms=1;room1=A%2CA;sb_price_type=total;srpvid=ac9a559cf288038e;type=total

Bought my ticket through The Ticket Factory (via the efests link, naturally), and after booking, they had a 25% off link for Virgin Trains only travel.  Might save a few quid for those travelling from further afield.

In regards to hotels, the only ones to avoid are the Paragon, Britannia and the cheap ones on the Hagley Road.  The rest are all good.

Another vote for The Briar Roase which I have stayed in several times on nights out in town.

Also - The Ibis at The Arcadian is cheap and totally does the job. It's in a noisy area which keeps the price down but that won't bother festival goers. On the contrary - it's right by some of the best nightlife in the city In the gay quarter and just round the corner from Snobs where the after party is taking place. I think it is labelled as the New St Station Ibis on their website.

....The Victoria pub - also just round the corner from the ibis - great informal friendly night out there too and would be a good way to round off the night in the way home if you have energy still to burn.

Edited by amfy
To add something else I thought of.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, RossTC said:

Booked into the Ibis in the city centre! Praying the shits from Hope and glory and Y not are not involved in this festival!!

Don't think they are. Looks like they have been involved in Moseley Folk Festival which I've done previously and its been great. Fully expect we'll get the teething problems you get with any new festival though

11 hours ago, LOCHLAND5 said:

Looks good Saturday especially.

are conservatives welcome though ?

IMG_0164.JPG

Not looking promising for you I'm afraid...

1.) No Alcohol can be brought into the event

2.) No Tory bell-ends will be admitted under any circumstances

3.) No dogs or people who have referred to how long it is to the festival during the run up as 'sleeps' (as in 'its only 3 sleeps until that Tory bell-end free festival in Brum')

Edited by Flaminglippy
Addition

20 hours ago, Flaminglippy said:

Don't think they are. Looks like they have been involved in Moseley Folk Festival which I've done previously and its been great. Fully expect we'll get the teething problems you get with any new festival though

Happy days!