"They better play..."

K2SO

6 hours ago, Tommy101 said:

It was a travesty that they split it on the CD version of the album. I think they are inseparable live.

Sublime indeed. I've been lucky enough to see that song a few times but in the John Peel was the best I think. Possibly due to a combination of it being at headliner time so the crowd was invested, the band were up for it and the light show was pretty minimalist but intense at the same time. 

Yes! That moment when they all freeze and the lights, the song. Ascension. Perfect.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

12 minutes ago, Doug85 said:

Radiohead- High and Dry

The XX- Swept away 

Biffy Clyro- Who's got a match.

Dizzee Rascal- Bonkers

It is written in script with blood that this song must be played, I'd be gobsmacked if he didn't!!

I have to say this song always sums up a festival atmosphere to me, when it was at its peak and everywhere just seeing the entire field become a human pogo stick was fabulous  :D

1 minute ago, shoptildrop said:

It is written in script with blood that this song must be played, I'd be gobsmacked if he didn't!!

I have to say this song always sums up a festival atmosphere to me, when it was at its peak and everywhere just seeing the entire field become a human pogo stick was fabulous  :D

I've never seen him live yet but he has to play this if I see him as it looks as though it always goes off when he does play it! 

2 minutes ago, Doug85 said:

I've never seen him live yet but he has to play this if I see him as it looks as though it always goes off when he does play it! 

OMG no way!! well if you like him and not seen him before you will love it, he's on my maybe list at mo as seen him loads of times but we'll see when the times are out

20 minutes ago, shoptildrop said:

OMG no way!! well if you like him and not seen him before you will love it, he's on my maybe list at mo as seen him loads of times but we'll see when the times are out

I missed him when his popularity went through the roof but always said I'd try and see him if he came back around again. He's on the list to see this time. 

10 hours ago, xJaggySnake said:

Hoping they play this at Download!

(great picture btw, love that album!)

I reckon their download set will be a lot of older stuff so can see this popping up. It cropped up at sonisphere, best part of the set.

With glastonbury being way more commercial I doubt we'll get much old stuff

Just now, Bradders said:

I'm surprised so many people want to hear High and Dry. They definitely won't play that.

And thank god for that. It's not quite as terrible as it's often made out to be, but they're just so beyond that now, and if we're gonna get one of their big soppy ballads then Fake Plastic Trees is the one.

5 minutes ago, Tommy101 said:

Can I have another one? 

Royal Blood - Hole 

I fear this won't get many outings when the new material is added but is the song I've enjoyed the most when seeing them when they played it.

Great shout! As you said with the new material can't see it being played much though, which is a shame. Especially at a festival too.

On ‎09‎/‎04‎/‎2017 at 9:09 PM, t0paz said:

They don't play it though do they? Shadow will play it and there is a chance RTJ will come on stage if the days work.

Somebody may have got to this already, but RTJ have had it in their sets recently. So I'd be surprised if they don't play it