Something special...

Tootts

6 minutes ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

I know, I know!  I'm a depraved animal at times. I can't really help it though - I'm from Birmingham and just about everybody I know personally here also falls in to this category. We were weaned on the diabolical and the disgraceful. :)

If it's any consolation Yog, I found it funny :D

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, eFestivals said:

talking of wedding anniversaries, I think mine might be today, tho neither the missus or me actually know the date. The only reason we think it might be today is because my old mum has sent us a card. :lol:

Happy anniversary :)

6 hours ago, eFestivals said:

talking of wedding anniversaries, I think mine might be today, tho neither the missus or me actually know the date. The only reason we think it might be today is because my old mum has sent us a card. :lol:

It's my birthday today. So, either way, it's a good day for anniversaries of any kind.  :-)

(And my old mum even remembered to send me a card too - my brother forgot though! Basteward!)

2 hours ago, hannahlmoore said:

I have to stand up for women everywhere and say it's a real shame that the tone had to be lowered like that in the midst of such a lovely thread! #despair

I was drunk when I came out with it, I realized it was out of order so apologized, I then went on to try to make amends by suggesting the 'tin' bit.

All that said, I'd really, really like to know how you are standing up for women everywhere by posting your post? It would also be interesting to know why deem this to be a 'womens' issue'?

Edited by Yoghurt on a Stick

32 minutes ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

I was drunk when I came out with it, I realized it was out of order so apologized, I then went on to try to make amends by suggesting the 'tin' bit.

Ha ha Yog. You make me laugh, made amends with the 'tin bit' ha. you're a loveable rogue

good luck in the resale mr.

@Sawdusty Surferyou sir are ace. What a lovely gesture, @Toottsenjoy the anniversary, sounds like you got a badass Thursday at Glastonbury

10 minutes ago, Perks said:

Ha ha Yog. You make me laugh, made amends with the 'tin bit' ha. you're a loveable rogue

good luck in the resale mr.

@Sawdusty Surferyou sir are ace. What a lovely gesture, @Toottsenjoy the anniversary, sounds like you got a badass Thursday at Glastonbury

Hello Perks,

I did say 'try' to make amends. I don't think that I've been very successful though. I don't set out to upset people. I agree that I did in this instance though. I'd been drinking strong cocktails for just shy of 24 hours when I wrote the post. I know that that is no excuse, but it does go someway to explaining why the standard of my post was poor.

Thanks for the best wishes in the resale.

15 hours ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

All that said, I'd really, really like to know how you are standing up for women everywhere by posting your post? It would also be interesting to know why deem this to be a 'womens' issue'?

Hey,

I'm sure this doesn't need to be carried on as what was said has been said, but you've asked me to explain myself so I will. Ever since puberty, I (and so many other women) have had to put up with slightly sleazy, sexist, misogynistic, innuendo type comments from men in the street, men down the pub, men on the internet (for example). Over and over again. So it struck a nerve, and rather than saying it's fine / funny, I've called it out to be offensive. This is in the hope that eventually, people (and I'm sorry, but mainly men) will stop.

So no hard feelings, I'm sure you meant no harm… :)

6 hours ago, hannahlmoore said:

Hey,

I'm sure this doesn't need to be carried on as what was said has been said, but you've asked me to explain myself so I will. Ever since puberty, I (and so many other women) have had to put up with slightly sleazy, sexist, misogynistic, innuendo type comments from men in the street, men down the pub, men on the internet (for example). Over and over again. So it struck a nerve, and rather than saying it's fine / funny, I've called it out to be offensive. This is in the hope that eventually, people (and I'm sorry, but mainly men) will stop.

So no hard feelings, I'm sure you meant no harm… :)

Hello,

On the contrary, I think there's a great need to carry this on. In your response above you have gone beyond the insinuation in your earlier post, and have now declared that my post was sexist and misogynistic ie that I am both of those things, or at least capable of them at times. However, you have failed to give evidence to support either the sexist or misogynistic claims. All you have said is that you (and many other women) have had to put up with sleazy, sexist, misogynistic, and innuendo based comments from (mostly) men. You have not shown any correlation between the content of my original post and the claims that you make eg. how does referring to a sexual act between two consenting adults suddenly allow you to say that I have a strong prejudice against women? The fact is, it doesn't. 

Now I'll accept that Tootts might have been disappointed with my original post, but fail to see any justification from you in terms of making this a 'womens' issue. People (both male and female) talk about and joke about sex. Why should they stop just because you can't hack it? What would you like people to stop mentioning next? Then what's after that? Where are you going to stop?

All that said, I don't really want to get in to a protracted debate on this, so would rather go down the no hard feelings road.

@Yoghurt on a Stick Trying to insult me by making out like I'm some politically correct bore incapable of having a laugh is insulting and couldn't be further than the truth.

If you think your comment, suggesting a woman you may or may not know performs a sexual act for her husband as banter in a forum ISN'T offensive or sleazy then fine, I'm not going to try to change your mind. I don't remember saying you have a strong predudice against woman so that's a complete over exaggeration, but let's face it it is generally women who get faced with these kind of demeaning comments, not men.

Funny that I get downvoted when I'm not the one who has been offensive. I'll stop following this thread now.

1 hour ago, hannahlmoore said:

@Yoghurt on a Stick Trying to insult me by making out like I'm some politically correct bore incapable of having a laugh is insulting and couldn't be further than the truth.

If you think your comment, suggesting a woman you may or may not know performs a sexual act for her husband as banter in a forum ISN'T offensive or sleazy then fine, I'm not going to try to change your mind. I don't remember saying you have a strong predudice against woman so that's a complete over exaggeration, but let's face it it is generally women who get faced with these kind of demeaning comments, not men.

Funny that I get downvoted when I'm not the one who has been offensive. I'll stop following this thread now.

Have you heard of Psychological projection? If not, then I would advise looking it up. You now state that I was trying to insult you by making out like you are some politically correct bore incapable of having a laugh. Yet again, I ask you to justify your statement? Which words and how did I use them to achieve the goal that you claim that I have? I can't see those words written down, and I know within myself that I never intended for you to think that way. I'm just pointing out that it's you that has come to this conclusion not me.

You say that you don't remember saying that I had a strong prejudice against women, and so that my statement is a 'complete over exaggeration'. The reason I stated that is because is because I looked up the definition of misogyny, which you did insinuate that I suffered from, and this is what it said;

misogyny
mɪˈsɒdʒ(ə)ni/
noun

1. dislike of, contempt for, or ingrained prejudice against women.

So, you can see that I really had no choice other than to use the definition of a word which you yourself chose to use in the first place.

In terms of the down voting I'd say that you probably did earn them, because you have been offensive. You can't just go around calling men misogynists without having the substance to actually back up that viewpoint.

@hannahlmoore

This is me, offering an olive branch;

Image result for offering an olive branch

Listen, the truth is that I don't mind accepting the fact that my initial post was rude and crude, because it was. That's me, at times, I'm afraid. However, I truly don't believe that the post represented sexism or misogyny. To my mind there would have to be 'intent' behind the post for that to be the case, and there never was that. I would actually regard myself as a feminist, as I truly believe that there should be equality between the sexes. That there isn't is not only abhorrent, but is highly illogical. 

Anyway, I hope that you are reading this and that you're OK with things?

PS - Wanna hear a knob joke?   

* Runs for cover *

Yes I am reading this (couldn't help myself) and I am fine, and appreciate you asking. I also appreciate the olive branch.

I'm not going to respond to every single point you have made as it's going around in circles and probably boring everyone to death. But one thing I did want to pick up on is th dreaded M word. If you look back, I used it to explain some of the types of comments that drive me crazy. However it was wrong of me to put you in that bracket just because you cracked a joke. I made an assumption and for that, I am sorry.

Lets draw a line under this now and concentrate on the fun that is Glastonbury! 

*fist pump*

5A312397-D2D2-4A9F-A67F-3198DD1542BE-1714-0000060E2F065D95.jpeg.cda54ee58e16c01b75e34ab0975b8513.jpeg

1 hour ago, hannahlmoore said:

Yes I am reading this (couldn't help myself) and I am fine, and appreciate you asking. I also appreciate the olive branch.

I'm not going to respond to every single point you have made as it's going around in circles and probably boring everyone to death. But one thing I did want to pick up on is th dreaded M word. If you look back, I used it to explain some of the types of comments that drive me crazy. However it was wrong of me to put you in that bracket just because you cracked a joke. I made an assumption and for that, I am sorry.

Lets draw a line under this now and concentrate on the fun that is Glastonbury! 

*fist pump*

5A312397-D2D2-4A9F-A67F-3198DD1542BE-1714-0000060E2F065D95.jpeg.cda54ee58e16c01b75e34ab0975b8513.jpeg

Oh, that's great news. I'll have a much happier night now knowing that you / we are OK. :)