Something special...

Tootts

It's my 10th wedding anniversary this year and also the 10th anniversary of a (very wet) honeymoon we had at Glastonbury 2007 - was not a vintage year sadly but we've had plenty of gooduns since! 

I am thinking of surprising my other half with something at Glastonbury, was considering the Deluxe Diner but am worried booking a dinner will clash with something we want to catch... plus so much nice food elsewhere have never been into the idea of a sit down meal...

Anywhere amazing in the Greenfields people can recommend? I never end up in there but the Thurs could be a good option... 

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The WI have had a stall in the green fields for the last few years. If they are there again this year you could contact them and ask if they could bake you a bespoke cake as a surprise?

They also conduct hand fasting ceremonies in the green fields should you be into that sort of thing/wish to do something similar to renewing your vows.

1 hour ago, Tootts said:

It's my 10th wedding anniversary this year and also the 10th anniversary of a (very wet) honeymoon we had at Glastonbury 2007 - was not a vintage year sadly but we've had plenty of gooduns since! 

I am thinking of surprising my other half with something at Glastonbury, was considering the Deluxe Diner but am worried booking a dinner will clash with something we want to catch... plus so much nice food elsewhere have never been into the idea of a sit down meal...

Anywhere amazing in the Greenfields people can recommend? I never end up in there but the Thurs could be a good option... 

Pretty sure I booked DD after the timings came out last year... definitely possible to make sure there are no clashes first

WI cakes - great idea! Also really like the idea of some kind of ceremony but will suggest that rather than spring it on him!

Would love our kids to be there for that but they can just roll their eyes at the photos when they are older...  plus the benefits of the kids NOT being with us at Glastonbury far outweigh any regrets we might have...

a ceremony, then a ceremonial cake, then get twatted. Can do all that on the Thursday too, sorted! 

10 minutes ago, wilem said:

Pretty sure I booked DD after the timings came out last year... definitely possible to make sure there are no clashes first

I had a quick look at their website just now and looks like it's selling out on the better timing slots already! I guess everyone has similar ideas...and are more organised... 

Just now, Sawdusty Surfer said:

Is it just the pair of you or are you part of a posse? If the latter, I have an idea.

There's 6 of us in a campervan, and a good few more will be dotted around the place that can probably be assembled... 

7 minutes ago, Sawdusty Surfer said:

You're welcome to use our table in The Croissant Neuf Field for a private party. Just let me know when and it's yours. 

aaa table.jpg

That would be incredible! Wow... Thursday eve would be brilliant for whatever you could do it for! What a table of beauty - it would be an amazing surprise for him. Thank you so much that is a very lovely thing you have offered xxx 

1 minute ago, Sawdusty Surfer said:

LOL!  It'll cost you nowt.  Can't charge for stuff like that.   

Well OK, you can get me a beer in.

What's the story behind the table though, Dusty?

How? Why? Etc. 

Is it something you've made?

10 minutes ago, Sawdusty Surfer said:

LOL!  It'll cost you nowt.  Can't charge for stuff like that.   

Well OK, you can get me a beer in.

You, Mr Sawdusty Surfer, are a top dude and I am very much looking forward to meeting you and thanking you in person! What an offer. The difficult thing now will be assembling everyone without letting the cat out of the bag to him indoors... 

24 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

Maybe head to the craft fields and make something special to celebrate the anniversary .. depending on how creative you are feeling ?

I love this idea too - i think we should definitely explore the greenfields for once!