Festival "fashion" - what's your take on the concept?

OneLittleFish

What's your take on "festival fashion"?  

278 members have voted

1. 1. What importance does festival fashion have to you?

• It's really important that I'm looking good or fashionable at a festival. It's a social event and I went to look my best
    • I want to look decent but wouldn't go overboard with what I'm wearing
    • It doesn't hold that much importance to me but I still put thought into how I appear at a festival
    • I don't care at all, I take old clothes and whatever is on the tent floor first I put on
    • I'm a member of the Wurzels

42 minutes ago, waltere said:

I will say though that there's a certain subset of people who seem to think you aren't "having fun properly" or something unless you're covered in sequins, and wearing an outrageous hat etc., and those people can get right in the bin.

(massive generalisation) they tend to be blokes in their late forties/fifties, shitfaced drunk, who slur 'WELL SMILE THEN' at you, and tell you to dance.

Look son, i aint a dancer, i just always have a miserable face, its the way i was born. I am happy, but some bellend telling me to be happy aint gonna grin my face up any! 

39 minutes ago, Homer said:

My advice is never to fancy dress on a Sunday. I made the mistake of doing this in 2009 - and subsequently realised I didn't really have the requisite level of whackiness required in me on my fourth day on it.

Nah.... Sunday is the best day for it! It offsets the levels of feeling disgusting. 

My mate often dresses up as Eavis and walks around thanking people for coming and shaking their hands, which is fairly amusing when you're pissed.

My 'homosexuals are gay' t-shirt always went down a storm (finally went in the bin after this, this was before The Cure) - though its longevity is such that I've now had two wives telling me not to wear it because it's offensive.

66749805_10157041567543935_5599570780460417024_n.jpg

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

45 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Visibly shuddering, teeth chattering, forcing down the dregs of a trawled pint of warm scrumpy, clasping a tray of congealed momos, not seen a bar of soap in the best part of a week.

It seems like another lifetime doesn’t it? Can’t wait to get back to this condition 😂

48 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Visibly shuddering, teeth chattering, forcing down the dregs of a trawled pint of warm scrumpy, clasping a tray of congealed momos, not seen a bar of soap in the best part of a week.

My fave is heaving repeatedly as you try to put away a warm can of weak lager on an empty stomach.

6 minutes ago, Homer said:

My mate often dresses up as Eavis and walks around thanking people for coming and shaking their hands, which is fairly amusing when you're pissed.

My 'homosexuals are gay' t-shirt always went down a storm (finally went in the bin after this, this was before The Cure) - though its longevity is such that I've now had two wives telling me not to wear it because it's offensive.

66749805_10157041567543935_5599570780460417024_n.jpg

Definitely seen this T-shirt at glasto before but can’t remember if it was you in it! I remember thinking I want it. Interesting choice for a man who has wives though 😂

• Upvote 1

Just now, stuie said:

It seems like another lifetime doesn’t it? Can’t wait to get back to this condition 😂

Pouring one out for the homies who've spent half an hour on the Sunday queuing up for some tartiflette and are now sitting there looking at it and wondering how they're expected to eat the c**t.

• 6 months later...