Festival "fashion" - what's your take on the concept?

OneLittleFish

What's your take on "festival fashion"?  

278 members have voted

1. 1. What importance does festival fashion have to you?

• It's really important that I'm looking good or fashionable at a festival. It's a social event and I went to look my best
    • I want to look decent but wouldn't go overboard with what I'm wearing
    • It doesn't hold that much importance to me but I still put thought into how I appear at a festival
    • I don't care at all, I take old clothes and whatever is on the tent floor first I put on
    • I'm a member of the Wurzels

8 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

I took a Superman outfit one year.  Cape, boots, the whole works.  Squeezed into it, got out of my tent and realised the one thing it didn't have - pockets.  I changed back into my normal outfit with so many pockets I can't find anything until I get home.  Superman never returned to the festival.

Not sure about that. I was there in 2015.

On 10/04/2017 at 11:56 AM, majormajormajor said:

*shrug*

each to their own. i value a shower hugely as i just feel so much better when clean, and it makes such a colossal difference to a lack of sleep/hangover.

For me that would suck the joy out of the first shower/shave when you get home and have to start looking half presentable again :P

Being totally honest, I learnt the hard way last year - bought some 'nice' festival clothes (in no way expensive however, we are talking H&M) - was so muddy that I just ended up wearing black leggings and a top with a waterproof jacket - the rest of the fashionable clothes taking up valuable Stella Artois space in my rucksack and unworn the entire weekend.

Lesson learnt. Maxi dresses and mud do not mix. Next year just bringing leggings and tops and enough Stella to drown myself in.

2 hours ago, ConorC said:

I'll be wearing a t shirt and shorts, as will most of my mates.

My girlfriend will be wearing 'boob jewels'. Make of that what you will.

hqdefault.jpg

seen this look being pushed by Gypsy Shrine who sell said jewels or glitter - only for the brave, skinny and small boob crowd

Fair play for going for it but not the most practical for a UK festival

16 hours ago, phillyfaddle said:

Your outfits are truly SPECTACULAR Ian - loved the one you wore to Hot Chip at WH a couple of years ago x 

Thanks.

Now you mention it, I'm actually selling a couple this week on eBay....

https://www.youtube.com/embed/zGLNh7Grbrs

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/152505788895?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

and

https://www.youtube.com/embed/lGlA9ndO4O8

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/152505800259?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

xx

Just now, clarkete said:

Which I guess prompts an obvious question? 

Getting em off?

Think they're similar to stickers, peel them away kind of thing.

Plus if it does piss it down I'd like to think she's smart enough to throw summat on over the top. Not saying that with any certainty like.

• 4 years later...
8 hours ago, FestivalDancer said:

Nowadays it has become almost mandatory to have a good festival wardrobe since most of the festival parties have dresscodes.  Depending on the kind of music and time of the day you have to wear even different materials, linen, sequins. There are also many independent shop and designers doing great festival clothing and outfits like www.festivokimonos.com and others like Etsy.

Please do tell us more? What time of day should we wear linen and sequins. I know we shouldn’t wear leather when it’s too hot. That causes all kinds of problems doesn’t it. 

27 minutes ago, stuie said:

Please do tell us more? What time of day should we wear linen and sequins. I know we shouldn’t wear leather when it’s too hot. That causes all kinds of problems doesn’t it. 

You should never wear linen WITH sequins! Such a festival fashion faux pas

Never been a great lover of fancy dress, at any time not just at festivals, so I basically dress how I do normally but with concessions to being in a field (cargo trousers over jeans etc.). Fair play to anyone who goes all out on their outfits but that ain't for me.

I will say though that there's a certain subset of people who seem to think you aren't "having fun properly" or something unless you're covered in sequins, and wearing an outrageous hat etc., and those people can get right in the bin.

Edited by waltere

6 minutes ago, waltere said:

Never been a great lover of fancy dress, at any time not just at festivals, so I basically dress how I do normally but with concessions to being in a field (cargo trousers over jeans etc.). Fair play to anyone who goes all out on their outfits but that ain't for me.

I will say though that there's a certain subset of people who seem to think you aren't "having fun properly" or something unless you're covered in sequins, and wearing an outrageous hat etc., and those people can get right in the bin.

Someone needs a word 😂

39 minutes ago, waltere said:

You may want to give the legends slot a swerve I reckon!