Festival "fashion" - what's your take on the concept?

OneLittleFish

What's your take on "festival fashion"?  

278 members have voted

1. 1. What importance does festival fashion have to you?

• It's really important that I'm looking good or fashionable at a festival. It's a social event and I went to look my best
    • I want to look decent but wouldn't go overboard with what I'm wearing
    • It doesn't hold that much importance to me but I still put thought into how I appear at a festival
    • I don't care at all, I take old clothes and whatever is on the tent floor first I put on
    • I'm a member of the Wurzels

Not gonna lie I'm into my fashion, I'm probably a bit of a 'hipster' that word fucking pisses me off so much but not as much as the people I've seen at festivals top to toe in expensive clothes. I want to push them into the mud and laugh to be quite honest.

If you look like anything other than a psychotic hobo at a festival you're doing it wrong, if I wore nice/expensive clothes to a festival I'd be so concerned about ruining them I wouldn't be having a good time.

What you should be wearing: As many pockets as possible to store all your drugs 

What you shouldn't be wearing: clothes in genralm, just get naked and be free

peace and love x

NB: Reading, not sure if the same applies at glasto due to the wider demograph. On that note do you guys see many people wearing nice clothes?

Edited by Radi0Head

11 minutes ago, Spindles said:

Yeah, those are the ones, I like to sit and dry in the sun in just my shorts on the decking where you come out.  If you head down later in the afternoon (3-5pm) the sun is usually at it's warmest and the queues are never more than 5 minutes (usually none at all).

PS: About those beers, come along to the efests meet if you're onsite early enough Wednesday, I'll be the wreck of a man with silly hair and bedraggled appearance :)

Sold and sold!

32 minutes ago, Spindles said:

Caveat: I haven't tried this myself, but it was recommended to me and physics says it should work.

If you place a couple of litre bottles of water in a binbag and leave them in the sun all day it should have the same effect as a solar shower, by mid afternoon you'll have warm water to slosh over yourself, a watering can head might also be a useful addition.

Good tip.  I think I might do it that way... I'm not too fussy anyways and seeing as it'll be nice weather a cold splash might do the trick. 

41 minutes ago, slash's hat said:

First year I went I tried the shewee thing, had performance anxiety - just wasn't happening :lol:. Agreed pulling stuff to the side you are bound to get piss on your hands and well...everywhere.

I trained for ages with my shepee before the festival and still got crippling performance anxiety.  Took me going back in 3 times to eventually go.  I was desperate as well.  From then on I was fine.

My mate had a terrible shepee fail last year.  There was chafing.

Is there many urinals? I remember when V festival didnt have urinals only proper portaloos.... needless to say there was queues of men and women to piss up against most of the fences around the arenas. 

lots of urinals reduce the queues drastically... especially if the girls have perfected the shewee.... saying that ive seen many a woman sat on a urinal too... alcohol really does destroy all our inhibitions. love it haha 

3 minutes ago, Havors said:

Is there many urinals? I remember when V festival didnt have urinals only proper portaloos.... needless to say there was queues of men and women to piss up against most of the fences around the arenas. 

lots of urinals reduce the queues drastically... especially if the girls have perfected the shewee.... saying that ive seen many a woman sat on a urinal too... alcohol really does destroy all our inhibitions. love it haha 

Yep. Many of them.  Apart from peak times like headliner chuck out there's never a queue.

Edited by Quark

1 hour ago, Radi0Head said:

Not gonna lie I'm into my fashion, I'm probably a bit of a 'hipster' that word fucking pisses me off so much but not as much as the people I've seen at festivals top to toe in expensive clothes. I want to push them into the mud and laugh to be quite honest.

If you look like anything other than a psychotic hobo at a festival you're doing it wrong, if I wore nice/expensive clothes to a festival I'd be so concerned about ruining them I wouldn't be having a good time.

I don't wear nice clothes - just t-shirt, jeans and a pac-a-mac.

But I reckon other people can wear whatever the they want to wear to be honest, it's not really in the Glastonbury spirit to A. Judge other people and B. want to push somebody over because you don't like what they're wearing. Just my thoughts on that.

Edited by FrancisH

2 hours ago, FrancisH said:

I don't wear nice clothes - just t-shirt, jeans and a pac-a-mac.

But I reckon other people can wear whatever the they want to wear to be honest, it's not really in the Glastonbury spirit to A. Judge other people and B. want to push somebody over because you don't like what they're wearing. Just my thoughts on that.

Perhaps it is a thing at other festivals, pushing people in the mud was only a figure of speech. I for one enjoy a nice mud bath

Let me contextualize this, sorry if you know about this brand i'm gonna use it as an example to make a point but there's a street-wear bran called supreme which is cool amongst the kidz at the moment, it would set you back roughly £200 (if you get one cheap) to buy a hoodie from them yet I see people waltzing about festivals wearing them.

Personally, it's a bit insane nor is it in the festival spirit to be attending a festival which has its roots in hippie culture to be wearing marked up clothes.

What do you think? :)

27 minutes ago, Radi0Head said:

Perhaps it is a thing at other festivals, pushing people in the mud was only a figure of speech. I for one enjoy a nice mud bath

Let me contextualize this, sorry if you know about this brand i'm gonna use it as an example to make a point but there's a street-wear bran called supreme which is cool amongst the kidz at the moment, it would set you back roughly £200 (if you get one cheap) to buy a hoodie from them yet I see people waltzing about festivals wearing them.

Personally, it's a bit insane nor is it in the festival spirit to be attending a festival which has its roots in hippie culture to be wearing marked up clothes.

What do you think? :)

Each to their own. Of course branded attire can always be copied ;)

On 07/04/2017 at 4:12 PM, Havors said:

women/girls with hotpants & wellies.... :wub::wub: its a wonderful thing to behold! yey festival fashion! big tick in my book :D 

I agree but don't tell the wife! :ph34r:

On 4/7/2017 at 3:38 PM, ian the worm said:

Last year I took 5 bespoke hand crafted outfits due to the luxury of working, driving and camping on site.  

Today I am washing the mud from one of last years outfits having finally got round to stripping over 300 LEDs from it last night.  

Currently bidding on another eBay item for this year.   For me its very important.

Your outfits are truly SPECTACULAR Ian - loved the one you wore to Hot Chip at WH a couple of years ago x 

6 hours ago, slash's hat said:

First year I went I tried the shewee thing, had performance anxiety - just wasn't happening :lol:

Brings back bad memories of Reading....this was me, totally. They had basically, a trough in the middle of the portakabin, plus a few urinals dotted around :ph34r: Just couldn't go. Took me a while to get going in a "relatively" private cubicle at the SheWee in Glastonbury, but I didn't dare use it after late afternoon, as the risk of peeing down my leg was just too immense.

On 4/7/2017 at 3:33 PM, stuartbert two hats said:

I'm not into fashion, I find the concept vaguely repellent, but I do like wearing more unusual things at Glastonbury than in 'real life'.

Normally I'd feel too self conscious of looking like a dick, but at Glastonbury, I don't really care.  If 10 people think I look like an idiot, but I bring a smile to 2 person's face, then I'm more interested in adding a bit of colour to the proceedings.  So I wear an old white jacket from a barbershop chorus I uses to be in, and a flashing t-shirt, and a "9. Pablo Honey" shirt.

And, of course - two hats. 

Hopefully I'm not in season, but in some very small way, I add to the festival by my attire.

I have the same view on fancy dress, i just don't get it.

However I am of the opinion that if people are enjoying themselves then leave them be.

22 hours ago, gmb1992 said:

I can't understand how people wear playsuits/jumpsuits/all in ones - must be so annoying when you need a wee? :S 

I think it's borderline antisocial behaviour, the amount of time they have to spend in the toilets because they have to basically get naked to pee causes everyone else to have to wait! :lol:

I remember being in a queue quite late at night in The Common... there were four toilet cubicles and each one had a line in front. When I was second in line, our door literally hadn't opened for 15 minutes and everyone was getting pretty pissed off. When the door finally opened the girl came out and said "sorry I took so long, I had to take my playsuit off! Can someone button me up?" Obviously this did not get a good reaction from the waiting queue.

I buttoned her up but berated her the entire time for wearing an outfit which required fully undressing to be able to pee, and made her promise never to wear a playsuit to a festival again. 

Edited by JoBalls

5 minutes ago, JoBalls said:

I think it's borderline antisocial behaviour, the amount of time they have to spend in the toilets because they have to basically get naked to pee causes everyone else to have to wait! :lol:

I remember being in a queue quite late at night in The Common... there were four toilet cubicles and each one had a line in front. When I was second in line, our door literally hadn't opened for 15 minutes and everyone was getting pretty pissed off. When the door finally opened the girl came out and said "sorry I took so long, I had to take my playsuit off! Can someone button me up?" Obviously this did not get a good reaction from the waiting queue.

I buttoned her up but berated her the entire time for wearing an outfit which required fully undressing to be able to pee, and made her promise never to wear a playsuit to a festival again. 

Has to be a festival noob that wears something like that! I remember my first festival and how completely unprepared I actually was. We all live and learn :) I would have give her a telling off as well though