The First Poster - 1 week on

SwedgeAntilles

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fuck it. Let's just blame @SwedgeAntillesAnd be done with it. 

I've barely posted lately 'cos I've gone band / line-up / poster / clashfinder / opinion blind.

I haven't got a fucking clue who's on when now. And I'm scared to state my must sees / w/l/t see, etc. 

Hold me.

Edited by Woffy
Spelling

9 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

WHAT'S HAPPENED???

Looks like The National are subbing Foos and given the running time Dave and the lads are likely to get there's a good chance The National and The Avalanches are going to clash 

9 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

WHAT'S HAPPENED???

Don't start, Stuart. 

Its all got complex and unfathomable and clashfuckular. 

Unless you can binary the shit out of it all?

I might as well be trying to learn physics from a text book written in Latin at this point. 

1 minute ago, fatyeti24 said:

apparently it's a propblem having to choose between the wonderful, inventive and exciting Avalanches, and a load of old fingers-in-belt-loops gufferey.

If I was being untruthful but ironic I'd argue the Avalanches are over the hill. Hahahaha...sigh. 

I just want someone else to tell me what to watch at this point. 

"Old Crafty Hen" isn't helping, tbh. 

4 minutes ago, Woffy said:

If I was being untruthful but ironic I'd argue the Avalanches are over the hill. Hahahaha...sigh. 

I just want someone else to tell me what to watch at this point. 

"Old Crafty Hen" isn't helping, tbh. 

i made a gag about getting "caught up and swept along" in the hype over an Avalanches tweet last week.

it got absolutely nothing mate.

Edited by fatyeti24

7 minutes ago, fatyeti24 said:

apparently it's a propblem having to choose between the wonderful, inventive and exciting Avalanches, and a load of old fingers-in-belt-loops gufferey.

I mean, I laughed, but I'm almost certainly going to be at The National 

7 hours ago, liamium said:

i'm still a bit nonchalant and it's inexplicable really. there's a decent amount of stuff there that i'm interested in seeing but most of it is seemingly stacked towards the pyramid which i'm not a big fan of and don't usually like to spend a lot of time there. initial elation with radiohead has slowly turned into paranoia about a less than enthused crowd and me personally expecting more than will actually be delivered

still holding out for some more interesting undercard daytime acts and what surprises the SE corner has in store, but i reckon this G might become the one where i spend more time wandering about and chancing upon the unplanned than stuck waiting at any one stage for back2back acts. just as exciting!

Hahahahahahahahahaha

I had to read that through a couple of times!

For just one moment there I read it as you saying that you weren't planning on creating a personal clashfinder that ensures a rigid, inflexible, military itinerary that dictates exactly where you will be for every minute of the whole five days in order obsessively to see exactly the maximum number of live music and DJ sets available.

Can you imagine that's how I read it?!

What am I like?!

Event to think for one second that anyone could spend their Glastonbury in any other model...

Ben

Absolutely Must See:, 
Foos, Flaming Lips, First Aid Kit

Definitely Want To See/Will Cause Clash Headache:
The National, Biffy, Chic, Future Islands, Kris K, Royal Blood, Toots

Would Ideally Like To See, More Likely To be Victim of Clashes:
All We Are, Frank Carter, Goldfrapp, Laura Marling, Mark Lanegan, The National

Would Check Out if Free/In Area:
Angel Olsen, Bazza, Birdy, Katy Perry, Martha Wainwright, Radiohead

51 minutes ago, Woffy said:

Don't start, Stuart. 

Its all got complex and unfathomable and clashfuckular. 

Unless you can binary the shit out of it all?

I might as well be trying to learn physics from a text book written in Latin at this point. 

And the winner of the My New Favourite Word of 2017 is clashfuckular

See also: clashfuckery; clashfucked; 

What?! They put The National on and the same time as The Avalanches?! What is this new clashfuckery? 

I can't choose between Radiohead and The Flaming Lips, I'm totally clashfucked

3 minutes ago, SPTFRE said:

And the winner of the My New Favourite Word of 2017 is clashfuckular

See also: clashfuckery; clashfucked; 

What?! They put The National on and the same time as The Avalanches?! What is this new clashfuckery? 

I can't choose between Radiohead and The Flaming Lips, I'm totally clashfucked

Have lots of people used clashterfuck (n. the entity that is created when the Eavii and their team make seriously bad stage scheduling decisions at Glastonbury Festival) before? Because I thought of and used it this week and was rather proud of it...

:)

Ben

Edited by bennyhana22

Some wonderful sweary words on here tonight. Loving them all . Also loving the concept of Ben being stripped of his plan and just being forced to drift for the day.

Lisa Hannigan is rapidly moving up my list of ones to watch. Beautiful stuff.

Absolutely Must See:   Radiohead, Katy Perry, Lorde

Definitely Want To See/Will Cause Clash Headache:  The XX, Chic, Solange, The Jacksons, Justice, Thundercat, Future Islands, Glass Animals, Angel Olsen, Moderat, The Avalanches

Would Ideally Like To See, More Likely To be Victim of Clashes: RTJ , Flaming Lips, Father John Misty, Metronomy, DJ Shadow, Wild Beasts, Mark Lanegan, Joe Goddard

Would Check Out if Free/In Area: Phoenix, Warpaint,

Rather shit in my hands and clap: Ed Sheeran

I'm dreading the clashes....  :huh:

Absolutely Must See:
Foo Fighters, The Flaming Lips, Lorde

Definitely Want To See/Will Cause Clash Headache:
Royal Blood, Metronomy, The XX, Goldfrapp, Run the Jewels, The Moonlandingz

Would Ideally Like To See, More Likely To be Victim of Clashes:
Haim, Dizzee, Angel Olsen, Rag n Bone man, Mark Lanegan, Justice, Ride, Little Dragon, Future Islands, Father John Misty

Would Check Out if Free/In Area:

Toots, Chic, Wild Beasts, glass animals, The Can project, Cinematic orchestra, Katy Perry, Shaggy

Edited by shoptildrop

22 minutes ago, bennyhana22 said:

Have lots of people used clashterfuck (n. the entity that is created when the Eavii and their team make seriously bad stage scheduling decisions at Glastonbury Festival) before? Because I thought of and used it this week and was rather proud of it...

:)

Ben

20 minutes ago, SPTFRE said:

Well whoever invented it, I doff my cap, for I shall be using it ad nauseum over the coming weeks

Despite Ben being a lovable doucheclunge at times, he wins this one. 

So I see his 'clashterfuck' and raise him 'Phenomeno-Clashcluntaplosion'. 

Not as snappy, mind. 

11 hours ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Is it too late to change my answer? ;)

Listening to the new XX album on headphones and it really is a cracker. Jamie's production has never been better, lyrically it's great too. It's so, so much better than their second album, something of a false start towards coming out of the shadow of their debut. I'm not getting tired of this album, it's just getting better.

They're a must see.

Hmmm, and there's me thinking that these guys make Radiohead seem cheerful party animals.

2 minutes ago, defrio29 said:

Almost everyone in this thread put Radiohead on their 'must see', yet so many people think they will draw poor crowd. Am I missing  something?

This forum (and music forums in general) are not representative of the crowds that UK music festivals draw. Think it goes without saying that people who nerd out about music as much as we do will have a higher tendency to like the nerds wet dream band that is Radiohead, whereas people outside of music forums, maybe not so much. If this forums music taste was anything to go by you can be sure as shit Sheeran would pull a minuscule crowd as wel.

7 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

This forum (and music forums in general) are not representative of the crowds that UK music festivals draw. Think it goes without saying that people who nerd out about music as much as we do will have a higher tendency to like the nerds wet dream band that is Radiohead, whereas people outside of music forums, maybe not so much. If this forums music taste was anything to go by you can be sure as shit Sheeran would pull a minuscule crowd as wel.

Yeah I get that, but add to the fact that the social media reception of their announcement have been great, and they are still a very popular group throughout all age groups, I don't get why people would think they wouldn't draw. I'm pretty sure the average UK music festival punters are more familiar with Radiohead songs than they do of Foo Fighters or Ed Sheeran songs