The First Poster - 1 week on

SwedgeAntilles

Actually, that's a lie to pretend I like him ironically, it's this one:

I was well into it at the time, much to the mocking and disgust of some of my more traditionally minded mates.  I was already too old for this kind of music when it came out and that's a very long time ago.  I genuinely enjoyed Artful Dodger at the time, so for one where Craig David actually sings lead it's probably Re-ee-wind.

Edited by stuartbert two hats

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Absolutely Must See:, 
Radiohead, Foo Fighters, King Gizzard & The Lizard Wizard

Definitely Want To See/Will Cause Clash Headache:
The xx, Biffy Clyro, Katy Perry, Royal Blood, Run The Jewels, Justice, Frank Carter & The Rattlesnakes

Would Ideally Like To See, More Likely To be Victim of Clashes:
alt-J, Dizzee Rascal, Metronomy, Temples, The Cinematic Orchestra, Noisia, ElbowLiam GallagherThe Amazons

Would Check Out if Free/In Area:
Stormzy, Boy Better Know, The Flaming Lips, Glass Animals, Kaiser Chiefs, Shaggy, 
Fatboy SlimThe Coral

Blue: SR or TBC

3 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Actually, that's a lie to pretend I like him ironically, it's this one:

I was well into it at the time, much to the mocking and disgust of some of my more traditionally minded mates.  I was already too old for this kind of music when it came out and that's a very long time ago.  I genuinely enjoyed Artful Dodger at the time, so for one where Craig David actually sings it's probably Re-ee-wind.

Garage was ace for a short while. Really dangerous and exciting. I remember going to Havana in town to watch Ez and Pay As You Go loads of times. To be fair I was not keen on the actual music, I just thought the scene was ace. Was good being one of the only white kids in there. We looked silly in our checked Paul n Shark shirts and Rockport boots. We would be off our nuts on little fellas while everyone else was drinking and chonging. Good times indeed.

Absolutely Must See: Moonlandingz, Sleaford Mods 

Definitely Want To See/Will Cause Clash Headache: Katy Perry, Temples, The Jacksons, The Lemon Twigs 

Would Ideally Like To See, More Likely To be Victim of Clashes: The XX, Chic, Barry Gibb, Flaming Lips, FJM, Lorde 

Would Check Out if Free/In Area: Stormzy, BBK, The Cinematic Orchestra 

Bout it I think 

19 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

That way of thinking will only lead to disappointment.  Fairly likely to be at least one clash in that lot.  I'm really keen on a lot of the line-up, but I've been faced with clash central so many times in the past, I'm not toploading mine.

Nah, should be alright. None of them are likely to clash with Radiohead, Cinematic Orchestra are the only one likely to be Sunday & Avalanches/BBNG are West Holts Saturday. Only potential problem is The National. 

Definite must-sees:
Justice

Want to see (subject to clashes):
Radiohead, Foo Fighters, Flaming Lips, Royal Blood, Major Lazer, Mark Lanegan, The Moonlandingz, Frank Carter & the Rattlesnakes, Temples, Sasha & Digweed, Boys Noize, Noisia

Would check out if free/in area:
Goldfrapp, DJ Shadow, Boy Better Know

1 minute ago, SPTFRE said:

Definite must-sees:
Justice

Want to see (subject to clashes):
Radiohead, Foo Fighters, Flaming Lips, Royal Blood, Major Lazer, Mark Lanegan, The Moonlandingz, Frank Carter & the Rattlesnakes, Temples, Sasha & Digweed, Boys Noize, Noisia

Would check out if free/in area:
Goldfrapp, DJ Shadow, Boy Better Know

Edit. Phone's gone mental. Or I have. Carry on. 

Edited by Woffy

Absolutely Must See:, 
Radiohead, The xx, Biffy Clyro, Avalanches, Run The Jewels, Loyle Carner

Justice, Anderson .Paak, Circa Waves, Declan McKenna, Ride, The National

Katy Perry, Stormzy, BBK, Warpaint, Phoenix, Courteeners, Alt j, Temples

Craig David, Lorde, Wiley, Moonlandingz, Frank Carter and the Rattlesnakes

Absolutely Must See:
Frank Carter and the Rattlesnakes, Chic
The xx, Radiohead, Biffy Clyro, Royal Blood, Katy Perry, Phoenix, The Jacksons, Metronomy, Justice 
Would Ideally Like To Say, More Likely To be Victim of Clashes:
Foo Fighters, The Flaming Lips, Future Islands, Lorde
Shaggy, Lorde, The national, FJM, Wiley, Joe Goddard, Goldfrapp,  Thundercat

Absolutely Must See:
Radiohead. The Avalanches. Sleaford Mods. Flaming Lips. Anderson Paak. The Jacksons. Chic (best party ever - 2013).

Solange. First Aid Kit. Run the Jewels. Lemon Twigs.The National. Frank Carter and the Rattlesnakes. Mark Lanegan

Toots. Father John Misty. Little Dragon. Martha Wainwright. BSP. Kate Tempest. Royal Blood.

Lorde. Moonlandingz. Girl Ray. Temples. Major Lazer and many more...

Probably get to see about half of them. I will try to avoid getting too anxious about clashes which I predict will be monumental and just hang around West Holts a lot.

Absolute Must See

Radiohead, BadBadNotGood Toot & the Maytals, Justice

Definitely want to See/Will cause clash headache

Little Dragon, Glass Animals, The Cinematic Orchestra, Future Islands, The National, Moderat

Would like to see/More likely to be victim of Clashes

DJ Shadow, Ride, Biffy Clyro, Father John Misty, The Flaming Lips, Foo Fighters, Anderson. Paak.

Would check out if free/In the area

Temples, Sasha & John Digweed, The Can Project, Thundercat, Frank Carter & the Rattle Snakes, Phoenix.

With a lot more to be announced its going to be clash central this year!

Absolutely Must See:
Radiohead, The National, Foo Fighters, Biffy Clyro

The XX, Royal Blood, Angel Olsen, Haim

Katy Perry, Warpaint, Father John Misty, Circa Waves

Lorde, Solange, Phoenix, First Aid Kit, Anderson .Paak, BadBadNotGood, Metronomy, Halsey, London Grammar, Ride, Future Islands, Temples, The Cinematic Orchestra, All We Are

Will actively leave in any direction, on your own if neccessary, if in the area when they come on:
Ed Sheeran, Emeli Sande, Dizzee Rascal, Sleaford Mods, Kaiser Chiefs

Top eight lines only then:

Absolutely Must See:
Radiohead, The National, Katy Perry, Barry Gibb, Chic

Biffy Clyro, The XX, Lorde, Run the Jewels, Kris Kristofferson, The Jacksons, Phoenix, The Flaming Lips, 

Solange, Anderson .Paak and the Free Nationals, Haim, Toots and the Maytals, Father John Misty

Foo Fighters, Ed Sheeran, Stormzy, Boy Better Know, Laura Marling, Emeli Sande, First Aid Kit, Justice

Sod Off:
Royal Blood, Major Lazer, Alt-J

Probably the biggest dissapointment for me is the lack of Pet Shop boys - who I'd been angling for - and ATCQ - who I had pictured closing out my Sunday night. Conversely, The National, Biffy Clyro and Katy Perry - who could probably all pull off a Pyramid headline slot on their own, even if there would be outrage - were all big surprises. Two go straight into the must-see list (which had only been Radiohead tbh pre announcement) and another on the "Will hopefully see".

The confirmation of BBK as Sunday other is the big spanner in the works, to be honest - I'd built up getting a great closer for my own tastes. I don't mind grime - and were they on for a daytime slot on the Friday or Saturday, I'd probably end up there. But Coldplay/LCD/Earth Wind and Fire were all truly euphoric options. Ed Sheeran/Boy Better Know/Metronomy just don't evoke the same reactions to be honest. (I saw Metronomy support Blur at Hyde Park and thought they were good, but not great. C'est la vie.)

Absolutely Must See:
Radiohead, The National, The Flaming Lips

Foo Fighters, Chic, First Aid Kit, Warpaint, Future Islands, Goldfrapp, Temples, Justice

Biffy Clyro, Alt-J, Run The Jewels, The Avalanches, Haim, The Moonlandingz, Metronomy, Royal Blood, Sleaford Mods, Shaggy, Major Lazer, Phoenix, Laura Marling, Father John Misty, Ride

Courteeners, Angel Olsen, British Sea Power, Frank Carter, Barry Gibb, Katy Perry, The Jacksons, DJ Shadow, Kaiser Chiefs, London Grammar, Mark Lanegan, BBK, Cinematic Orchestra, Anderson Paak, Emeli Sande, Lorde, Kris Kristofferson, Stormzy, Circa Waves, George Ezra, Glass Animals, Little Dragon, Toots & The Maytals, Craig David

Edited by DGrant261

Absolutely Must See:
Radiohead, Foos, Sasha/Digweed

DJ Shadow, Alt-J, Avalanches, Stanton Warriors

Katy Perry, Chic, Kano, Biffy Clyro, Barry Gibb, Jacksons, Goldfrapp, Shaggy, Manics, Eats Everything, Cassetteboy

Royal Blood, Laura Marling, Justice, Flaming Lips, Dizzee, Metronomy, Annie Mac, Wiley, London Grammar, Kaisers, Craig David, Joe Goddard, Boys Noize, Noisia

Absolutely must see: Radiohead

Definitely Want To See/Will Cause Clash Headache: Foo Fighters, Justice, Toots, Run The Jewels, Frank Carter & the Rattlesnakes, Moderat, Anderson Paak, Glass Animals, Wild Beasts, Sasha & Digweed

Would Ideally Like To See, More Likely To be Victim of Clashes: The National, Royal Blood, Chic, Dizzee, Pheonix, Shaggy, Metronomy, Circa Waves, Goldfrapp, Wiley, Sampha, DJ Shadow, Craig David, The XX, Katy Perry, Future Islands, The Jacksons, Annie Mac, Little Dragon, The Moonlandingz, Boys Noize

Totally stolked as so many more than from other years, but what an absolute clashfest

Is it too late to change my answer? ;)

Listening to the new XX album on headphones and it really is a cracker. Jamie's production has never been better, lyrically it's great too. It's so, so much better than their second album, something of a false start towards coming out of the shadow of their debut. I'm not getting tired of this album, it's just getting better.

They're a must see.

Absolutely Must See: Laura Marling, Loyle Carner, First Aid Kit, Kate Tempest.

Definitely Want To See/Will Cause Clash Headache: Foos, The XX, RTJ, The Jacksons, Toots, London Grammar, Angel Olsen, Julia Jacklin.

Would Ideally Like To See, More Likely To be Victim of Clashes: Chic, Flaming Lips, British Sea Power, Avalanches, Songhoy Blues, Shaggy, Temples, Martha Wainwright.

Would Check Out if Free/In Area: Radiohead, Ed,The National, Biffy, Katy Perry, Barry Gibb, Royal Blood, Alt-J, Stormzy, Phoenix, Haim, George Ezra.

Absolutely Must See: Radiohead, The National, Foo Fighters, Biffy Clyro

Definitely Want To See/Will Cause Clash Headache: Lorde, Halsey, Anderson. Paak, London Grammar, Frank Carter & the Rattlesnakes

Would Ideally Like To See, More Likely To be Victim of Clashes: Run the Jewels, Stormzy, Father John Misty, 

Would Check Out if Free/In Area: Thundercat, Ride, Sampha, The Cinematic Orchestra, Royal Blood