Thanks Neil

Franky

Not sure if this has been done before or not but I just thought bearing the amount of time I have spent on this forum since 2005 I should say thanks to Neil :) I have had many questions answered over the years and probably had even more raised lol 

It's the single best source of Glastonbury information in the world and it keeps my excitement at fever pitch every year I have a ticket.

Cheers Neil, keep up the good work !

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

12 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

I actually broke one about 20 minutes ago, knocking it off its hanger onto the edge of the sink. 

They're normally bloody hard to break, so that must have landed in the perfect way for it to happen.

Now you tell me ! lol

14 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

I actually broke one about 20 minutes ago, knocking it off its hanger onto the edge of the sink. 

They're normally bloody hard to break, so that must have landed in the perfect way for it to happen.

Hope you're going to pay for the new one  :P

Have just ordered one. Forgot to last week after saying I would.

8 minutes ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

I dropped one on to a solid tiled floor once and it didn't smash. Mind you I have managed to break four of them now. The last mug got scalped by the twirling blade in the dishwasher.

Are you sure Neil isn't coming and smashing them when you're not looking?

Rather oddly, Mr JanieM28 has just got back from trawling the local charity shops for CDs (his hobby) and apparently a volunteer there was looking closely at the logo on his efests hoodie and pointed at it asking him what it represented.

He said it was the logo for a festivals' forum and she promptly showed him the exact same logo which was tattooed on her ankle! She claims it's the logo for the Indian Hopi Tribe in America, although after Googling it we can't find any such logo for them.

Strange tattoo to have but, then, she was French...

:-)

Edited by JanieM28

3 minutes ago, JanieM28 said:

Rather oddly, Mr JanieM28 has just got back from trawling the local charity shops for CDs (his hobby) and apparently a volunteer there was looking closely at the logo on his efests hoodie and pointed at it asking him what it represented.

He said it was the logo for a festivals' forum and she promptly showed him the exact same logo which was tattooed on her ankle! She claims it's the logo for the Indian Hopi Tribe in America, although after Googling it we can't find any such logo for them.

Strange tattoo to have but, then, she was French...

:-)

it's not impossible the original is what she said - cos the original dancing man used here (tho with some adaptations over the years) came out of a fat book of clip art (50,000 images, or something) with CDs that was published by an american software company about 20 years ago (I still have the book on my shelf).

It only got used here because a mate said he'd do me a shit-hot logo (stages, people, flags, etc - to be 'festival') and then forgot, and then when I hassled him with only a few hours to go before the website was launched, he did a rush job which was very shit ...

So i panic'd and did a rush job myself from that clip-art original, which turned out to be a great decision - because it gave efestivals a stronger identity than it would have had otherwise. :)

Nearly 20 years later efestivals is still here, while countless competitors who started both before and after hav disappeared into the ether - tho with a minor-ish background in publishing (amongst other things) prior to efests I'd realised that content was king, while others wanted to swan around pretending to be a big shot in the music biz.

Kokopelli

Posted on August 9, 2010 by Ojibwa

( – promoted by navajo)

Throughout the Southwest, a figure known as Kokopelli appeared on rock art: pictographs (painted) and petroglyphs (carved). Later, the Kokopelli figure was incorporated into pottery and other art forms. Kokopelli today is often seen as one of the symbols of Southwestern ancestors.

Kokopelli 1

At the meet last year I'm reasonably confident you said to me something along the lines of that you had another big project on the go now and that eFestivals may have little mileage left in it consiquently. Apologies if I'm miles off - I'm normally pretty pissed up by the time I make it to the meet...

2 minutes ago, Pinhead said:

At the meet last year I'm reasonably confident you said to me something along the lines of that you had another big project on the go now and that eFestivals may have little mileage left in it consiquently. Apologies if I'm miles off - I'm normally pretty pissed up by the time I make it to the meet...

guess you must have been very very very pissed :)

3 hours ago, eFestivals said:

yep, the more you buy the cheaper they are.

It's the postage that makes the price of just one a bit steep.

Just a note Neil, I was undercharged for postage by 55p for the two mugs I ordered a little while ago which am sure is not useful for you!!! Will stick it on the donation page!

I had broken a handle off a previous one but it had been in daily use for ages (and been in the van to Glasto) so not bad! X