Worst act you have seen at the festival

FuzzyDunlop

3 hours ago, Madyaker said:

Primal Scream in 2005 while musically terrible must have been fairly entertaining at least?

I've seen Primal Scream quite a few times and they are generally brilliant. This wasn't Gillespie's finest hour musically but I laughed my arse off at his antics. 

I seem to recall he was pissed off that Kylie pulled out and Basement Jazz took the headline slot instead of them. It might be on your video but after alienating the audience throughout he says something along the lines of "yous'd rather be watching Kylie eh?" and the crowd cheered enthusiastically. That tipped him over the edge. 

It really was good fun.

• Replies 516
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

45 minutes ago, Muppetmark said:

Pharrel williams was absolutely dire as was alt j in 2015 

I concur with Alt-J, was really looking forward to them and felt that the stage just swamped them. Hope they have a little more stage presence, or my preference for them in the JPT (know that won't happen, but seeing them in a tent would be awesome).

55 minutes ago, Quark said:

Somehow this one had escaped my memory from that set.  Listening to it now has just dropped me straight back in it.  Beautiful.

The James set is one of the main reasons I'm looking forward to going solo.  The guys I was with only knew Sit Down and Laid, so most of the set was lost on them and they didn't think it was that great.  In hindsight I would have enjoyed it a damn sight more without people grumbling around me.

I'd attended with some camp solo campmates, but when it became apparent there was going to be quite a delay i decamped to the benches by the glade for a reefer, ending up enjoying the set alone.  As you say, often all the better for it.

On 4/4/2017 at 8:51 PM, FuzzyDunlop said:

Kate Nash 2010

That bad I decided to stay. Dreadful, mock cockney accent. Very annoying.

Not sure why I was there, I was off to watch Riva Star (I think) in the dance village & watched her. Never again.

I was going to say this, but you covered it off in the fist post. Notable second place to Little Simz last year.

1 hour ago, stuartbert two hats said:

I'm almost a little bit pissed off that one of my best friends that I hardly ever get to see is probably going to watch Radiohead with me. 

I can't normally fully trance out to the music when I have company.

"stu, what's this one called?"

23 hours ago, Hugh Jass said:

Yup. A whole decade.

With every landfill indie also-ran farting out a 10 year anniversary tour at the moment I'm surprised the nu-rave kids haven't got involved. They're probably all in their 30's and chartered accountants now.

There's nothing wrong with being in your 30s...  *Cries into a bottle of wine*

8 hours ago, Glastocat said:

Steve Davis standing next to a man putting on some not to great music, in front of a massive crowd. We thought he would be doing the DJing. At least he had the decency to look embarrassed about it though.:lol:

Tbf me and my mates had a really good laugh though.

At Bluedot he was doing DJing duties with someone with a big fro (couldn't see that well as was dark though)

Am I the only really lucky one that hasnt seen anything "that" bad to class as the worst thing I have seen at Glastonbury - that or I just dont remember the bad ones :D

Oh....I wasnt overly enamoured with the Bowie tribute thing on the park last year - but I was supremely smashed by the time it was on and was wanting something different to what it was, so I wouldn't class it as "bad", just not in the right place and the right time and in the right frame of mind.

Oh - Metallica 2014 - was amazing, particularly as I was one of the ones on the stage with them at the back :) - tbh they could have been shit...but I was enjoying it WAY too much (the view of the crowd from the pyramid stage is simply unbelievable!)

17 minutes ago, pauladam said:

ouldn't class it as "bad", just not in the right place and the right time and in the right frame of mind.

Oh - Metallica 2014 - was amazing, particularly as I was one of the ones on the stage with them at the back :) - tbh they could have been shit...but I was enjoying it WAY too much (the view of the crowd from the pyramid stage is simply unbelievable!)

so how did you manage to be selected for that then and were you not allowed a pint? as couldn't see anyone with a beer??

1 hour ago, shoptildrop said:

At Bluedot he was doing DJing duties with someone with a big fro (couldn't see that well as was dark though)

He didn't seem to be doing much at stonebridge bar when I saw him. Although he did embrace Suggs half way through the set and kind of wave his arms about a bit.

He did appear to be a nice fella though. 

14 minutes ago, shoptildrop said:

so how did you manage to be selected for that then and were you not allowed a pint? as couldn't see anyone with a beer??

I had a couple of cans in my back pack so was ok, what we weren't allowed was to leave the stage for a pee, well we could, but we wouldn't get back on!

as for how...member of the fan club, they do a meet and greet lottery thing for every gig they play...obviously they weren't announced till well after the last resale and how many Metallica fan club members go to Glastonbury? Not many is the answer! Meet and greet is normally about 20/30 folk, there were about 12 of us ...you apply to enter the lottery on the fan club site and get an email saying yay or nay and if yay, where to meet etc

went backstage and met the band which was cool, at the end when Lars (drummer) was leaving he said "see you guys on stage" and we were all like "wait...what", then all was explained, but they said there wasn't enough folk so could we go out and grab anyone we wanted who wanted to join us on stage!

anyway...I've hijacked this thread enough with this story

carry on...

1 minute ago, pauladam said:

I had a couple of cans in my back pack so was ok, what we weren't allowed was to leave the stage for a pee, well we could, but we wouldn't get back on!

as for how...member of the fan club, they do a meet and greet lottery thing for every gig they play...obviously they weren't announced till well after the last resale and how many Metallica fan club members go to Glastonbury? Not many is the answer! Meet and greet is normally about 20/30 folk, there were about 12 of us ...you apply to enter the lottery on the fan club site and get an email saying yay or nay and if yay, where to meet etc

went backstage and met the band which was cool, at the end when Lars (drummer) was leaving he said "see you guys on stage" and we were all like "wait...what", then all was explained, but they said there wasn't enough folk so could we go out and grab anyone we wanted who wanted to join us on stage!

anyway...I've hijacked this thread enough with this story

carry on...

That's awesome thanks for sharing :)