Worst act you have seen at the festival

FuzzyDunlop

• Replies 516
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Obviously very subjective but I'd say Lilly Allen, sat through that in 2009 as The Specials were on next I think. 

Then again in 2014, headed to Pyramid for Elbow but due to the storm closing the stage for a bit everything was running about 40mins late so I sat through it again. Couldn't believe I'd managed to find myself there again watching the very act I'd wanted to avoid both times she appeared. That's my bloody luck. Utter shite. 

7 minutes ago, The life of Pablo said:

Kanye

Though, I was so excited to see him but it felt like when my mam told me that Santa Claus wasn't real. 
Just massive massive disappointment, even now I sigh about it.  

this!

couldnt believe that it was real.

what a mess...

Edited by tullux

6 minutes ago, The life of Pablo said:

Kanye

Though, I was so excited to see him but it felt like when my mam told me that Santa Claus wasn't real. 
Just massive massive disappointment, even now I sigh about it.  

It didn't live up to it for me either. Saw him and jay-z on the watch the thrones tour a few years back. Whole other story, albeit watch the thrones itself was a mediocre album.

The biggest load of plop I've ever seen was Azealia Banks on the Other stage, can't remember the year. Truly awful! I only went cos my mate wanted to see her and when she played that 212 song my mate decided to ring everyone on her phone so they could listen to it. What was the Fkin point?!

32 minutes ago, Sasperella said:

PJ Harvey last year. One of our frinds was really keen so we all went along, although we stood midway back while he went running off to the front like the eager beaver he is. We all unanimously thought it was shite, a weird combination of boring and bizarre, and made worse because it was during that godawful sunday drizzle. We buggered off to Grimes at some point, but when he came to find us he admitted that he had also thought she was terrible. 

Oddly this was probably my favourite performance of 2017, up there with LCD and charlotte church all on the same night!

I don't have many worst musical acts as i just go see what I know i'm gonna enjoy and don't go to what will most likely be not to my taste. There are sometimes some hillariously terrible comics on the cabaret stage now and again and some really odd performance acts in theatre and circus that you just don't "get" but then you move on to find something else and its invariably brilliant ^_^

Arctic Monkeys probably.

Inexplicably 60% of the songs they played in 2007, so a lot of the awful Favourite Worst Nightmare. Shitty filter daubed over the screen and a brightly lit fog in front of them so you could barely see owt there either. Sounded pretty phoned in. Loads of twats in the crowd and then lord of the twats himself, Miles Kane, came along to close the set with what must be the most drab closer to a Pyramid headline set there has been.

Mardy Bum on strings was pretty good and DIWK was a fierce opener but neither worth suffering the rest of it.

7 minutes ago, Deaf Nobby Burton said:

Seconded. Such a disappointment. 

I don't like Disclosure but was really drunk and my friends wanted to see them and I was in no fit state to leave them. But I was so fucked I had a fantastic time!

And every day since have seeing fucking Disclosure over Sigur Ros. I don't even like Sigur Ros that much. But Disclosure! Christ.

Interesting with people saying theirs is Kanye - mine would be Pharrell Williams just before, which me and a couple of mates waited through thinking he might be okay, and I just thought he was absolute balls. 

Obviously it was very divisive, but I ended up really enjoying Kanye's set. Whether I would stand through another 75 minutes of Pharrell singing mostly other people's songs to see him again is debatable. 

5 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Arctic Monkeys probably.

Inexplicably 60% of the songs they played in 2007, so a lot of the awful Favourite Worst Nightmare. Shitty filter daubed over the screen and a brightly lit fog in front of them so you could barely see owt there either. Sounded pretty phoned in. Loads of twats in the crowd and then lord of the twats himself, Miles Kane, came along to close the set with what must be the most drab closer to a Pyramid headline set there has been.

Mardy Bum on strings was pretty good and DIWK was a fierce opener but neither worth suffering the rest of it.

26 minutes ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

Dizzee in 2013 was a car crash. Played a load of unreleased stuff that ended up flopping when it did come out, loads of pointless guests, never seen anybody completely lose a crowd like that.

Only time I have watched three bands in a row on the pyramid, vaccines, dizzied and arctics. One of my fondest memories I have of Glastonbury and I don't particularly like dizzie or vaccines. The crowd around us for dizzie were loving it

Metallica 2014.  They weren't that bad - just not for me.  Went walkabout and came across a superb Bryan Ferry set that more than compensated.  Possibly also Paul Simon 2011.  Went back to our trailer tent for a mug of cocoa, which was far more exciting. By contrast Art Garfunkel did the set that Simon should have done in 2016.

19 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Thought the bedwetter version of Mardy Bum they wheeled out was the shittest thing ever personally. Gets all nowty about playing it because he's "grown out of it" but knows people want to hear it so does an ill-advised STRINGZZZZ version instead. Either play it or don't.

Was a boring gig though. Missed fucken Portishead.