Must sees that you didn't even know existed a week ago

Sasperella

1 hour ago, mjsell said:

Moderat.

Fucking hell I cant believe I'd never listened to them before. The only annoyance is that I assume they will headline a stage. Thus causing more problems. Bastards.

Same here.

Already had about 40ish acts from the poster I wanted to see, but these are now instantly one of the ones I want to watch most from the second I clicked play.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, Matt - Ed Banger Records said:

They have a new live show being debuted in June in London, although its now just the one guy, and the more recent releases have been EDM nonsense so no idea what it will be like. My mates went to their live show in London in about 2009 and said it was absolutely insane.

Sounds interesting. I hope he goes back their (bloody beet)-roots

Sorry

44 minutes ago, Havors said:

None. So far mostly shite. Working my way through the list though. 

Moderat arent bad, but not going out of my way to see them. 

You do have until Friday to not pay for your ticket

2 hours ago, mjsell said:

Moderat.

Fucking hell I cant believe I'd never listened to them before. The only annoyance is that I assume they will headline a stage. Thus causing more problems. Bastards.

I remember stumbling into a random large tent towards the end of Parklife 2014 (of all places). Moderat just happened to be opening up their set, but I had no clue who they were. The visuals were incredible but the music was on another level, so bassy yet so crisp and clean, so well-produced yet so raw and emotional. I'd never heard anything like them and they were very different to most other acts there, except for perhaps John Hopkins. The release of III was one of my fave releases last year, but I missed out on the tour (having to sell my ticket) and haven't been able to catch them live again since Parklife'14.

If what they say is true and they aren't producing as collectively as Moderat anymore, then seeing them live again will be very difficult and this may be the first (have they played glasto before?) and last they ever play glasto.

Basically if you can see them, see them.

15 hours ago, MetaKate said:

I must admit i didnt recognice about 80% of the lineup but Ive obsessively been doing research and am so excited for the lineup now....Justice! Goldfrapp! Future islands are all must sees now!

I know...so many potential clashes I almost wish Radiohead weren't playing 

11 hours ago, TomViolence said:

Not quite a must see but Badbadnotgood have also caught my ear :)

Ooh, will check out now!

6 hours ago, Quark said:

Never heard of the Bloody Beetroots before.  What wonderful madness!! May well make a beeline for this if it comes good.

Yeh, I reckon they could belt out some tunes! Fingers crossed...where do u reckon they'd play tho??

4 minutes ago, sunnydaysblue said:

Where do you think they will play? It says Sunday - probably Other? Surely Sliver Hayes will be too small. Maybe West Holts? If these clashed with London Grammar I'll be well annoyed!

Where does it say Sunday? A lot of people were predicting them for the Park before the lineup came out but I could see them also playing one or two down in the John Peel. Either way I think it's a near certainty that they're gonna get caught up in the awful clashes near the top end of the lineup.

15 hours ago, Slugworth said:

Sounds interesting. I hope he goes back their (bloody beet)-roots

Sorry

You do have until Friday to not pay for your ticket

Oh yeah good point... guess we should not have opinions on the line up if you don't think its very good....

Not quite must sees more would like to sees ;

Frank Carter & The Rattlesnakes.

Knew of Frank Carter through Gallows but not heard any of the new stuff. I'm liking it. Sounds to me like the band that Arctic Monkeys should have become if AT had turned left instead of right.

Also liking BadBadNotGood - whom I had never actually heard, which surprises me.

20 hours ago, Anderson19 said:

Frank Carter however is not my usual cup of tea but some of the tracks particularly on the latest album are excellent, still the heavier bits aren't for me but will definitely be listening more in the coming weeks before the festival. 

New tour was very new album heavy (2/3rds I'd say) and seems to be wider known than the first so I'd imagine festival sets would have a similar proportion (with Juggernaut, Fangs and Devil Inside from the first one probably)

Just now, Tommy101 said:

New tour was very new album heavy (2/3rds I'd say) and seems to be wider known than the first so I'd imagine festival sets would have a similar proportion (with Juggernaut, Fangs and Devil Inside from the first one probably)

Thanks will give the first album more of a listen I think, the 2nd album really is brilliant had it on constantly the last day or  two  

37 minutes ago, Mattty said:

Absolutely Loyle Carner. Please go see Loyle Carner

Agreed.

Him, Sampha and Anderson Paak are all must sees for me. All have cracking albums out in the last year. Hoping theres a lot more added similar to their sort of level. I'm worried that the lineup is quite top heavy and I'm going to have tons to see in the evenings but not much during the day.

30 minutes ago, Anderson19 said:

Thanks will give the first album more of a listen I think, the 2nd album really is brilliant had it on constantly the last day or  two  

The first one is my favourite, I guess the risk you run with creating a second album with a very different sound is that a large proportion of your fan base only likes 50% of your content.

Declan McKenna. Have vaguely heard of him, but just caught his song 'Kids Don't Wanna' on the Spotify playlist.

Reminds me a little of Sleepy Jackson - Lovers. Would like to catch him.

Can't wait for Moderat btw, so good at Brixton last year.

Edited by fingers_mark