The Major Lazer Lads

CaledonianGonzo

5 minutes ago, Scruffylovemonster said:

Im quite pleased to say I had no idea what daggering was when dental wrote it. Now I've watched that video I wish I still didn't. 

Can't believe I'm off to miss this to watch some mopey bugger mewling about an old tree.

Edited by dentalplan

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've said it before and I'll say it again, I just don't get Major Lazer. WTF does he do? I saw him last summer and he just played hashed up mixes of other peoples songs all with a reggae vibes, but the end product was horrible. Again, like someone else said already the crowd went typically nuts for it, but it's about as V Fest as you're gonna get at Glastonbury. My mates and I like dance music and reggae and all the songs he samples, but they just mashed them together and created something awful.

As long as they take some people away from the WH and/or the Pyramid then it's fine

Saw em between acts at Bestival in er, 2014 I think, and they were just playing EDM BangerZ (not just their own.. ). There was a lot of tapps aff in the crowd and a lot of fluorescent colours and that. Not my bag but the crowd were well into it.

I enjoyed their first album, as i did much of Diplo and Switch's stuff at the time. By the time I came to see them live in 2012, Switch was long gone and ML's tunes were much more EDM than they ever seemed on the albums.

I left the gig part way through when they brought out the t shirt cannon. Whether that speaks more about me than them I'll leave you to decide. 

I still enjoy the odd bit they release, but their live gig is a different thing, and not too my taste. Get Free is still a winner though. As is Pon De Floor if it catches me in the right mood.

19 minutes ago, Radi0Head said:

Went to jack U (pretty much Major Lazer) at reading last year and it was defintive cringe EDM.

I wouldn't say Jack U was pretty much Major Lazer & I've seen both recently.

At least we have Andy C who will drop this banger August bank hols

1 hour ago, Radi0Head said:

Went to jack U (pretty much Major Lazer) at reading last year and it was defintive cringe EDM. If you dislike Major Lazer listen to this song and you might change your mind not that they'll play this song.

Nah Jack U is a lot more skrillex than Major Lazer.

I think i actually preferred Jack U over Major Lazer tbh

Watching that video...well, not sure I can articulate how it made me feel.  Old?  I dunno, but whatever I was seeing there neither looked nor sounded like a musical performance.  This must be how everything since the verve looks to Russy. 

They have so far in my life, been the only act that has confused the shit out of me as to why kids are loving it

It was Bestival 2014, I was standing on the barrier with a can of piss lager, excited to see them as I like them on record...and then it started. It got really weird fast, people started stripping off and I'm still confused as to what was going on to this day.

I just presumed maybe I need to start doing drugs to enjoy them.

I thought maybe I was missing something, and I see people on these boards had mentioned 'Lean on', a song I was hitherto unaware of. So I found a live version of it from a festival last year. Man, that is proper awful.

I don't just mean that as shorthand for 'young people's music I don't understand', cos you know, in 2014, I was there shouting with everyone else 'Come back on Skrillex, and carry on playing!'.

Honestly though this is proper pony 

28 minutes ago, Mardy said:

I thought maybe I was missing something, and I see people on these boards had mentioned 'Lean on', a song I was hitherto unaware of. So I found a live version of it from a festival last year. Man, that is proper awful.

I don't just mean that as shorthand for 'young people's music I don't understand', cos you know, in 2014, I was there shouting with everyone else 'Come back on Skrillex, and carry on playing!'.

Honestly though this is proper pony 

Its proper shit, yet I still reckon that I would get really involved and bust some moves to that.

Edited by eastynh