Everything Everything - Complete conjecture

popcornmaster

21 hours ago, bennyhana22 said:

Would love to see them again; as others have said, their 2015 WG set was incredible and had me in tears. 

But Other openers they are not! Leave that to the likes of Kaisers, MSP, Beady Eye. You know, THOSE kind of bands!

;)

Ben

Not sure that really means anything though. I've loved them since before their first album and for their weird take pop but let's be honest they have a broad Radio 1 appeal too. I think they'd smash the opening and they'd pull a decent crowd.

2 hours ago, popcornmaster said:

Not sure that really means anything though. I've loved them since before their first album and for their weird take pop but let's be honest they have a broad Radio 1 appeal too. I think they'd smash the opening and they'd pull a decent crowd.

I don't disagree, ppm, I just don't think they fit the typical brief for that slot at all, is all.

Ben

4 hours ago, mario man said:

Bloody hope they pop up somewhere- wasn't there in 2015 but heard the WG show was something special - even the band say it's up there with their best ever gigs 

It was immense. The cheers and applause after one song went on for about two minutes. The band were clearly taken aback. 

I wouldn't expect a secret set from them - I fully expect them to be on the full lineup announcement. Those two gigs simply have to be Glastonbury warmups to play the new material live a couple of times before the festival. 

4 hours ago, popcornmaster said:

they really wouldn't.

i'm a fan, but the vast majority of people don't know any of their songs, like they do with Kaisers, MSP or Liam Gallagher's band playing Oasis covers.

1 minute ago, ghostdancer1 said:

they really wouldn't.

i'm a fan, but the vast majority of people don't know any of their songs, like they do with Kaisers, MSP or Liam Gallagher's band playing Oasis covers.

They literally pulled a massive crowd on the Other Stage in 2015.

Nowhere have I said they're as big or popular as the band's mentioned but I still think they'd pull a sizeable crowd in that slot. 

5 hours ago, mario man said:

Bloody hope they pop up somewhere- wasn't there in 2015 but heard the WG show was something special - even the band say it's up there with their best ever gigs 

I think this is what you're looking for...

It was...incredible

Genuinely one of my favourite ever moments watching live music and, like many of us, I've seen a lot.

So astonished and touched was Jonathan Higgs by how well the crowd seemed to know new material released only days before, and so taken aback was he by the phenomenal crowd singing, belting it out in this song, that he had two moments when he was so emotional and tearful that he had to stop singing briefly.

One of those spine tingling moments that will stay with me forever.

:)

Ben

3 minutes ago, bennyhana22 said:

It was...incredible

Genuinely one of my favourite ever moments watching live music and, like many of us, I've seen a lot.

So astonished and touched was Jonathan Higgs by how well the crowd seemed to know new material released only days before, and so taken aback was he by the phenomenal crowd singing, belting it out in this song, that he had two moments when he was so emotional and tearful that he had to stop singing briefly.

Ben

What. A. Moment. The ovation goes on long, long after the clip ends!

Edited by briddj

• 2 months later...
20 minutes ago, popcornmaster said:

How certain is there Williams Green set? I'm hearing mixed news outside of here and Clashfinder. 

I think Neil had fairly strong info on them being there. Especially given the confirmations for that stage when everything else was announced 2 weeks ago. 

Really hope so as they will be a highlight for me 

On 4/3/2017 at 3:38 AM, bennyhana22 said:

It was...incredible

Ben

Godddd it was so good. Gives me goosebumps watching it again. It is definitely one of my, if not the favourite ever live music moment I've had. Hoping for a repeat!

6 hours ago, mario man said:

I think Neil had fairly strong info on them being there. Especially given the confirmations for that stage when everything else was announced 2 weeks ago. 

Really hope so as they will be a highlight for me 

Aye, I know his info is normally pretty solid just had a pang of doubt having heard Can't Do and loved it. 

3 hours ago, Mash011 said:

Really love that Can't Do. Very immediate dance pop banger but so distinctively them - that'll get WG going next Thursday.

That's seems to be their go-to for their first singles - club banger. It's normally the song I like least by the time the album comes out (possibly because I've heard it most) but it's normally a pretty strong mission statement.

4 hours ago, popcornmaster said:

Aye, I know his info is normally pretty solid just had a pang of doubt having heard Can't Do and loved it. 

That's seems to be their go-to for their first singles - club banger. It's normally the song I like least by the time the album comes out (possibly because I've heard it most) but it's normally a pretty strong mission statement.

I'm pretty sure it's rated at 99% sure it's them

I don't remember the info on WG 'secret sets' from here being incorrect 

Edited by Chewie