OnBlackheath 2017

Flaminglippy

Anybody heard owt about this one yet?? No announcements about this yet but their profile on Facebook suggests that it will be happening again in 2017. Really enjoyed it, apart from paying full price for 2 tickets that then had repeated 2-4-1 offers after (think we might wait and buy tickets later this year and see if it happens again). 

Got a sneaky feeling we might get Flaming Lips headlining one of the days, just about the right size and in UK that weekend (assuming its 9th/10th Sept again) as at Festival No. 6. Hopefully somebody like Future Islands subbing, and Kaisers headlining the other day. Other thought was Brian Wilson as he seems to be doing the rounds with the 'Pet Sounds' thing. 

Edited by Flaminglippy
clarified date

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, Flaminglippy said:

Anybody heard owt about this one yet?? No announcements about this yet but their profile on Facebook suggests that it will be happening again in 2017. Really enjoyed it, apart from paying full price for 2 tickets that then had repeated 2-4-1 offers after (think we might wait and buy tickets later this year and see if it happens again). 

Got a sneaky feeling we might get Flaming Lips headlining one of the days, just about the right size and in UK that weekend (assuming its 9th/10th Sept again) as at Festival No. 6. Hopefully somebody like Future Islands subbing, and Kaisers headlining the other day. Other thought was Brian Wilson as he seems to be doing the rounds with the 'Pet Sounds' thing. 

Not heard a bean. Been the last 2 years and really enjoyed last year in particular. Thought the undercard was excellent.

It's a difficult predicting bands for this. Personally I think Flaming Lips aren't big enough to headline and may be a bit too leftfield for the crowd. Brian Wilson would be a better fit but don't see it personally.

I have always thought that Suede and the Charlatans would be a good double header for the festival. All pretty quiet on the Suede front but it's still 5 months away. Chic and Duran Duran would be a great booking and a perfect fit. DD are at Electric Picnic on the 3rd.

On 3/31/2017 at 2:54 PM, DiscothequeDave said:

I have always thought that Suede and the Charlatans would be a good double header for the festival. All pretty quiet on the Suede front but it's still 5 months away. Chic and Duran Duran would be a great booking and a perfect fit. DD are at Electric Picnic on the 3rd.

Suede and Charlies would be immense. Wouldn't be that fussed about Duran Duran but got free tickets to see Chic a year or so ago and was blown away..absolutely brilliant gig. 

Hopefully there will be an announcement soon...

51 minutes ago, jr1312 said:

I think - although I'm hopefully going to be wrong - that it may not be happening this year

I got the impression they struggled to shift tickets last year, hence the numerous '2-4-1' flash sales they did. That said, didn't get the impression it had undersold when we were there

3 hours ago, Flaminglippy said:

I got the impression they struggled to shift tickets last year, hence the numerous '2-4-1' flash sales they did. That said, didn't get the impression it had undersold when we were there

They gave a shit load away. The guest list queue at one point was probably in the early 100's whilst the paying queue was completely empty. Pity really as I thought it's a great festival which I'd definitely go to again with the right line up.

1 hour ago, DiscothequeDave said:

They gave a shit load away. The guest list queue at one point was probably in the early 100's whilst the paying queue was completely empty. Pity really as I thought it's a great festival which I'd definitely go to again with the right line up.

Yeah, agreed. We had sort of planned on going assuming at least a couple of bands were of interest. I did think it was quite pricey for the line-up when compared to a lot of other festivals, but then it seemed to have a smaller capacity. 

Suppose the longer we go without an announcement the less likely it is it will happen. 

Been keeping half an eye on this as enjoyed it last year. It's a bit of a trek for us but a decent lineup and a 2 for 1 deal was making me think about it.

Im guessing it could hinge on the John Lewis sponsorship. When you look at the bands they had last year and the comments here about free and cheap tickets, JL must have given them a small fortune.

For the size and capacity I remember being surprised at the stage and sound set up with the big screens etc.

Liked being able to go to the bar and then just wander back down to pretty near the front of the crowd. Not standing on any picnic blankets on the way through of course :-)

1 hour ago, DiscothequeDave said:

Wow. Really surprised at this news.

Still another 2 weeks to go though. If they've got a couple of names and the headliner you think they'd announce it now to get people interested. 

Yeah, my thoughts exactly. Suggests they must be very confident in the line up being good enough to shift more tickets than the one last year despite having nearly 3 months less time to do so. 

• 2 weeks later...