Lorde

jyoung

The extra 10 mins or so she’s getting at Glastonbury, over last night, if she doesn’t talk during it, could easily allow 400Lux and Tennis Court.

Bloody hell! What a set list that would be!

• Upvote 1

36 minutes ago, blue6field said:

The extra 10 mins or so she’s getting at Glastonbury, over last night, if she doesn’t talk during it, could easily allow 400Lux and Tennis Court.

Perfect set!

Seriously - a set like that followed by a PSB party would be an absolutely glorious end to the festival.  For me nothing could make up for the loss of Swifty, but that would come bloody close! Would be well happy 😁

3 hours ago, blue6field said:

The last songs are a non stop bouncing. It will be glorious. 

I think there's a sneaky chance Lorde has the set of the weekend, especially looking at that Primavera setlist and seeing what she's doing at festivals. Even after catching her at the Roundhouse, she's still in the top 3 acts I'm most excited for this year. I haven't seen many acts smash out so many consecutive bangers. 

the primavera set was so good! the crowd where on it and she fed off the crowd. was the best set i saw on the weekend and the new songs come across MUCH better live. become a must see pre kendrick now.

• 2 weeks later...

A disappointing crowd but I loved her set. When she spoke about the rollback of Roe v Wade during ‘The girl who’s seen it all’ I cried - totally unexpectedly my Glastonbury moment. 

I thought she was brilliant! Left out a couple of big hitters, but bringing out Clairo and Arlo Parks was a moment, crowd were loving it down in the pit and she seemed to be loving it on stage, one of the sets of the weekend for me!

• Upvote 1

I loved this set!

She probably had the most difficult slot of the weekend. Sub headlining is always hard and by Sunday night people are generally pretty tired and just want their headliner.

Yet I found her engaging and energetic and the production was fantastic. It was a 10 for me. Looking forward to watching it back and seeing if it’s as good as I recall.

• Upvote 2

I went not all that hopeful as the last album just didn't land for me, but I never thought that Stoned at the nail salon would be a highlight for me as it was.  Absolutely fantastic performance, crowd where I was loved it and seemed reverential to the calmer, quieter moment that it was.  One of my favourite gigs of the festival, largely because a smaller than expected crowd made it comfortable to get really close to the stage for me.  

1 minute ago, Spindles said:

I went not all that hopeful as the last album just didn't land for me, but I never thought that Stoned at the nail salon would be a highlight for me as it was.  Absolutely fantastic performance, crowd where I was loved it and seemed reverential to the calmer, quieter moment that it was.  One of my favourite gigs of the festival, largely because a smaller than expected crowd made it comfortable to get really close to the stage for me.  

One of the moments of the whole weekend for me!

It was a superb performance. Her voice sounded great. Looooooved the stage production/set up and her guitarists and their choreography.

Was gutted she didn't play certain tracks but can't have it all.

• Upvote 1