Lorde

jyoung

I think there's a sneaky chance Lorde has the set of the weekend, especially looking at that Primavera setlist and seeing what she's doing at festivals. Even after catching her at the Roundhouse, she's still in the top 3 acts I'm most excited for this year. I haven't seen many acts smash out so many consecutive bangers. 

• 2 weeks later...

A disappointing crowd but I loved her set. When she spoke about the rollback of Roe v Wade during ‘The girl who’s seen it all’ I cried - totally unexpectedly my Glastonbury moment. 

I thought she was brilliant! Left out a couple of big hitters, but bringing out Clairo and Arlo Parks was a moment, crowd were loving it down in the pit and she seemed to be loving it on stage, one of the sets of the weekend for me!

• Upvote 1

I loved this set!

She probably had the most difficult slot of the weekend. Sub headlining is always hard and by Sunday night people are generally pretty tired and just want their headliner.

Yet I found her engaging and energetic and the production was fantastic. It was a 10 for me. Looking forward to watching it back and seeing if it’s as good as I recall.

• Upvote 2

I went not all that hopeful as the last album just didn't land for me, but I never thought that Stoned at the nail salon would be a highlight for me as it was.  Absolutely fantastic performance, crowd where I was loved it and seemed reverential to the calmer, quieter moment that it was.  One of my favourite gigs of the festival, largely because a smaller than expected crowd made it comfortable to get really close to the stage for me.  

1 minute ago, Spindles said:

I went not all that hopeful as the last album just didn't land for me, but I never thought that Stoned at the nail salon would be a highlight for me as it was.  Absolutely fantastic performance, crowd where I was loved it and seemed reverential to the calmer, quieter moment that it was.  One of my favourite gigs of the festival, largely because a smaller than expected crowd made it comfortable to get really close to the stage for me.  

One of the moments of the whole weekend for me!

34 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Revisiting the Solar Power album and its immediately striking how much more vibrant the live versions of songs like The Path and California are than the studio versions.

She needs to do a live album.

I've been a big fan of the album cause I thought it was a a vibe, but I was also so pleasantly surprised by how good her live show is on top of this. Agree that the songs just seem to make sense in the context of the rest of the set (really like the stage setup and her band too)

Gutted not many of my friends saw her tbh!

Saw the show on its first night over here, and found it pleasant enough - don't think we'll ever see her shed the theatrical pop edge, which is a bit of a shame, as she could probably do a very good straight-up rock-esque show.

But parts of the staging conjured Stop Making Sense-esque vibes to me, which is always a good thing.

Skipped The Louvre on my night, which is a shame, and had to duck out early before the final run of hits due to a personal emergency, but remains quite a gifted live performer.