Lorde

jyoung

16 hours ago, Matt42 said:

Absolutely spellbinding at the roundhouse. Smashed it.

Were you there last night? One of the best gigs I’ve been to in a long time. Most of the new tracks come in to their own live.

There was one brief moment with Oceanic Feeling and Helen of Troy b2b where it felt like the new material didn’t land and stalled the momentum of the show but aside from that it was just a constant barrage of bangers all night. If she sacked off those two and added Team it would have been an all time great show. It’s amazing how many belters she’s got in her repertoire just three records in.

And we got Louvre!

edit; soz just seen you said you were indeed there last night. My heads banging still 😂 ended up with several glasses of free Merlot towards the end of the show - do they normally give away opened bottle of wine at the end of the night at the roundhouse?! 😂

Edited by jparx

26 minutes ago, jparx said:

Were you there last night? One of the best gigs I’ve been to in a long time. Most of the new tracks come in to their own live.

There was one brief moment with Oceanic Feeling and Helen of Troy b2b where it felt like the new material didn’t land and stalled the momentum of the show but aside from that it was just a constant barrage of bangers all night. If she sacked off those two and added Team it would have been an all time great show. It’s amazing how many belters she’s got in her repertoire just three records in.

And we got Louvre!

edit; soz just seen you said you were indeed there last night. My heads banging still 😂 ended up with several glasses of free Merlot towards the end of the show - do they normally give away opened bottle of wine at the end of the night at the roundhouse?! 😂

Agreed - my only critique is that there was a bit too much solar power, but tbh she managed to pull it back by spreading apart the fan favourites.

The entirety of act 3 was bonkers. So many back to back bangers.

4 minutes ago, Justiceforcedave said:

Yup! I want that set!

According to the info on that page she only played for 65 minutes so there would in theory still be room for another couple of tracks to be added, especially if she cut the cover. But even if she just played that exact set it would be brill. 

5 hours ago, circus92 said:

Would be perfect if she could just squeeze Tennis Court in as well 🤞

Or Sober..

Alternatively, Stoned at the Nail Salon and Fallen Fruit are pretty glaring absentees in terms of stuff from the new album, and the former in particular works really nicely in the live setting. 

Edited by Rose-Colored Boy

22 minutes ago, big hog said:

Reckon she's right to leave stuff like Stoned & Fallen Fruit out for the festival shows. They're enjoyable but they slow things down and she's really going to want to keep that crowd with her. I wouldn't mind Oceanic Feeling going back in though.

Yeah she clearly knows the deal; kept a couple of the new album songs in there, most of them being the slightly more upbeat ones, but a festival crowd isn’t any place for loads of slow strummers so her favouring the Melodrama stuff is the right move. Was stoked that we got stuff like The Louvre last night which I thought would be getting the chop at festivals in favour of new stuff. 

36 minutes ago, blue6field said:

The extra 10 mins or so she’s getting at Glastonbury, over last night, if she doesn’t talk during it, could easily allow 400Lux and Tennis Court.

Bloody hell! What a set list that would be!

Perfect set!

Seriously - a set like that followed by a PSB party would be an absolutely glorious end to the festival.  For me nothing could make up for the loss of Swifty, but that would come bloody close! Would be well happy 😁

3 hours ago, blue6field said:

The extra 10 mins or so she’s getting at Glastonbury, over last night, if she doesn’t talk during it, could easily allow 400Lux and Tennis Court.

Bloody hell! What a set list that would be!

The last songs are a non stop bouncing. It will be glorious.