Lorde

jyoung

Can't wait for this show on Thurs. Reports seem super positive. I do really think the album has aged well and the tracks seem to be solid to great live from what I've read. Her stock seems pretty high at the minute with this tour and I still think she's the LDR replacement sub.

16 minutes ago, jparx said:

Can't wait for this show on Thurs. Reports seem super positive. I do really think the album has aged well and the tracks seem to be solid to great live from what I've read. Her stock seems pretty high at the minute with this tour and I still think she's the LDR replacement sub.

Solar power went down really well at big weekend (per the beeb), I’m surprised!

2 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Solar power went down really well at big weekend (per the beeb), I’m surprised!

I've not seen the video yet, but it sounded massive on the radio! Do we know the Glasto BBC coverage music yet? I can easily see it being the breakdown in Solar Power. "Blink three times when you feel it kicking in" cut to adverts

Tonight in Birmingham, woah. The staging!! And possibly the loudest crowd I’ve ever heard other than Dolly at Glastonbury - especially for The Louvre and Green Light, obviously, but it was almost as loud for the new stuff. Will inevitably be a different story in front of a sea of picnic blankets but should still be an incredible show, very jealous of you all. 

Edited by Rose-Colored Boy

3 hours ago, zahidf said:

Lordes London gig is good musically but oh my god she's babbling on in-between songs. Hope she shuts up for Glastonbury or she'll play 2 songs

😁

Finally back home after seeing this tonight too. I thought she and the crowd were excellent but Jesus H the 2 or 3 talking bobbins bits were tedious in the extreme 😁

2 hours ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

It's like 90 seconds out of a 90 minute gig. Nip to the bar ot something.

I timed it, one of them was at least 5 minutes! Probably 10 mins of waffle overall

Was a good gig overall but no need for rambling rubbish about waves and whatever.

53 minutes ago, zahidf said:

I timed it, one of them was at least 5 minutes! Probably 10 mins of waffle overall

Was a good gig overall but no need for rambling rubbish about waves and whatever.

I thought the exact same. It was long enough to think "Christ get on with it" and did take a wee bit out of the gig. Although to be fair to her, on one occasion someone from the crowd needed assistance so that can't be helped for one of the rambles.

Regardless of that, I thought she was absolutely superb. Ok, the run of Stoned to California was a bit of a slog but apart from that she put on a hell of a show. Feel like Solar Power is going to be a real Glastonbury moment.

Edited by Hutchmaster

2 hours ago, nikkic said:

Realistically we’ll get about 75% of this. 

So cut a few of the filler tracks from act one and two and we’re golden. 

Her Big Weekend setlist from the other day (where she played for 40 minutes as opposed to the 75 she’s down for on the Pyramid) - https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/lorde/2022/war-memorial-park-coventry-england-1bb4b19c.html

Add Liability, Buzzcut Season, Stoned at the Nail Salon, Perfect Places, Fallen Fruit and either Team or Tennis Courts and that’ll be more or less it. 

I think the festival sets are very different from the concerts (if big weekend is anything to go off).

I’m going to predict (if she has 1hr 15)

The Path
Homemade Dynamite
Stoned at the Nail Salon
Hard Feelings
Ribs
Secrets from a girl (who’s seen it all)
Liability
Mood Ring
Supercut
Perfect Places
Green Light
Royals
Tennis Court
Solar Power
Team

10 hours ago, Stokesy10 said:

I refuse to look at setlists for any of my "100% must see" Glasto acts, I've done this routinely each time I've been... But I feel I need to be put out of my misery - what are the chances of her playing 400 Lux?

She’s played it on a few nights of the tour - but I think her festival sets are going to be different ‘structurally’ to her concerts. 

I mean last night she closed with Tennis Court, and I think she’s been closing with Team usually? So she is shaking it up.

10 hours ago, Stokesy10 said:

I refuse to look at setlists for any of my "100% must see" Glasto acts, I've done this routinely each time I've been... But I feel I need to be put out of my misery - what are the chances of her playing 400 Lux?

All I do is look for an accurate enough gig most recent on setlist with the amount of songs they would likely play in their set and go from that.

13 hours ago, Matt42 said:

Absolutely spellbinding at the roundhouse. Smashed it.

Let’s just hope the front section of the Pyramid on Sunday 26th is filled with plenty of the same people who’ve been turning up to this UK tour. Has the potential to be an all-timer of a set if she gets a crowd response like she’s had during these gigs rather than another Big Weekend situation. 

34 minutes ago, Rose-Colored Boy said:

Let’s just hope the front section of the Pyramid on Sunday 26th is filled with plenty of the same people who’ve been turning up to this UK tour. Has the potential to be an all-timer of a set if she gets a crowd response like she’s had during these gigs rather than another Big Weekend situation. 

Oh yeah the entire ground floor of the roundhouse bouncing to Ribs, Supercut, Greenlight. Spectacular. 

Best gig crowd I’ve been in for a while (probably since pre covid). Everyone was properly up for it.

Edited by Matt42
  • Upvote 1