Lorde

jyoung

3 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Won’t name names but somebody on here who seems to have a good track record has told me it’s Megan on Other Saturday. Nothing ruling Lorde out of playing Saturday, but it won’t be opposite Macca. 

Ah OK. Cheers. 

She was excellent in Leeds last night (despite the lack of Team...). Surprisingly elaborate stage show for an academy gig. Felt a bit old surrounded by screaming teens seemingly having a religious experience. 

Another medical incident in the crowd though. That's 3 in my last 4 gigs. Beach House and Alt-J had to abandon songs midway because of them. Also noticing an annoying trend of people packing in to venues when doors open, and not budging for hours. No bar/toilet visits etc. Not sure if the 2 are linked (dehydration) but it's making getting a good spot more difficult, and is no good if people are fainting all the time.

Edited by Lubic87

11 minutes ago, Lubic87 said:

She was excellent in Leeds last night (despite the lack of Team...). Surprisingly elaborate stage show for an academy gig. Felt a bit old surrounded by screaming teens seemingly having a religious experience. 

Another medical incident in the crowd though. That's 3 in my last 4 gigs. Beach House and Alt-J had to abandon songs midway because of them. Also noticing an annoying trend of people packing in to venues when doors open, and not budging for hours. No bar/toilet visits etc. Not sure if the 2 are linked (dehydration) but it's making getting a good spot more difficult, and is no good if people are fainting all the time.

I've noticed this trend of packing in and not budging. They also get very any when you squeeze past them as though they have some sort of reserved standing space ticket. 

19 hours ago, gigpusher said:

I've created a playlist from the set list posted and I'll give it a listen. I think Lorde has some really cracking singles but never really listened to much beyond them so now's my chance. 

Just listen to first two albums back to back. Some superb stuff.

1 minute ago, Stokesy10 said:

Just listen to first two albums back to back. Some superb stuff.

I figure best to listen to the set lists though to see if their worth my time. Not much point in only listening to those 2 albums if a lot of the material is from the new album otherwise I'll just end up thinking damn wish I caught her on her last tour. 

55 minutes ago, Brunty9 said:

I've noticed this trend of packing in and not budging. They also get very any when you squeeze past them as though they have some sort of reserved standing space ticket. 

In fairness, if I’ve queued for a gig for hours because I want to be at the front, I’m not happy when someone thinks I’ll just move so they can stand in front of me. Festivals are different of course but even there, folks down front on the bigger stages for the bigger acts have generally put in a lot of time and effort for that spot 

5 minutes ago, Olshansky said:

In fairness, if I’ve queued for a gig for hours because I want to be at the front, I’m not happy when someone thinks I’ll just move so they can stand in front of me. Festivals are different of course but even there, folks down front on the bigger stages for the bigger acts have generally put in a lot of time and effort for that spot 

ill never understand people who come in late and just push in front of everyone and then just plonk themselves in front of you. just odd behaviour

• Upvote 2

39 minutes ago, zahidf said:

Didn't guy garvey say that elbow are subbing Kendrick? Lorde will probably be between Ross and elbow

Said something vague about being on before Kendrick but I think they’ll be third with Lorde subbing. Was seemingly supposed to be Elbow > Lana > Kendrick in ‘20 so makes sense that order will stick.

I went to the show at Radio City in NYC a few weeks ago and the new songs were incredible live.  

I wasn't that keen on Solar Power when I first heard it, but I didnt hate it - just thought it wasnt very dynamic.  I took a break from the record and came to love it more when I revisited it.  I think the songs really shine live though. Every single one of them was moment, and i'm stoked to see them in the outdoor festival setting.  

On 5/26/2022 at 9:24 AM, Brunty9 said:

Yep, this is weirdly becoming a thing.  Going to the bar at the last two Brixton Academy gigs has been a nightmare, with people actively trying to block you making your way back with your beers.  WTF is going on?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Greenelk said:

Yep, this is weirdly becoming a thing.  Going to the bar at the last two Brixton Academy gigs has been a nightmare, with people actively trying to block you making your way back with your beers.  WTF is going on?

Gig etiquette as a whole has taken several steps backwards since the pandemic. People seemingly forgetting how to shut the fuck up when acts are performing is something I’m noticing more and more and is especially frustrating at more mellow shows. 

• Upvote 4

Excellent in Manchester last night. 

A little slow in the first half, some of the new tunes just don’t land all that well. She also just sort of rambles in between songs too. 

Second half was excellent, pretty much non stop bangers, even the Solar Power ones come across well such as Mood Ring. 

Probably see her again at Glasto, definitely worth catching if you’re undecided