Lorde

jyoung

9 hours ago, Suprefan said:

I guess the album tanking didnt help here. How do you go from all the late night tv spots in the last couple of weeks to just dropping off with a fake reason. 

Yeah this is an incredibly flimsy reason, especially since her entire vibe with this album so far has been very back to basics, just her and a band on stage. What possible production elements could’ve changed that would cause her to pull out?!

The album may have done kind of shitty but surely she’d still want to promote it at this kind of thing, unless it was the show that asked her to step down. Interested to see who they get in her place.

That's really cool. She's still a big deal in New Zealand and I think it's sweet that she's recognised that she'll have a lot of Maori fans that will dig this, and she's helping out indigenous charities too. I am sure they'd have rather it was five songs from before this album but nice nonetheless!

Edited by dentalplan

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

So crazy looking at how the narrative shifted in this thread. I was so so so hyped for her return. Now I’m seeing her in london in a few months and I’m a bit meh.

I still think she will be killer live but it’s hard to get excited knowing that the setlist will be Solar Power heavy.

7 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

So crazy looking at how the narrative shifted in this thread. I was so so so hyped for her return. Now I’m seeing her in london in a few months and I’m a bit meh.

I still think she will be killer live but it’s hard to get excited knowing that the setlist will be Solar Power heavy.

Hoping for like 6 or 7 songs at best I suppose. 7 from Solar Power, 7 from Melodrama then 3 or 4 from Pure Heroine would be a banger set, drinks breaks for the duff ones off the new album. 

Never seen her live so pretty excited for the novelty and the first two album songs, and Stoned in the Nail Salon.

1 minute ago, Superunknown said:

Hoping for like 6 or 7 songs at best I suppose. 7 from Solar Power, 7 from Melodrama then 3 or 4 from Pure Heroine would be a banger set, drinks breaks for the duff ones off the new album. 

Never seen her live so pretty excited for the novelty and the first two album songs, and Stoned in the Nail Salon.

She was one of the best acts I’ve ever seen at Glastonbury and I didn’t even see her full set in 2017. Perhaps because the bar is so low she’s about to have the best summer of her career! If she knocks it out the park it could be exactly what she needs.

Edited by Matt42

39 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

I'm the same, got tickets to see her in Manchester but might sell since I'll probably see her at Primavera but honestly not bothered if I miss her either. I've barely gone back to Solar Power since the first listen, shame because the Melodrama tour was incredible

The Melodrama/Pure Heroine songs will more than make up for the lacklustre Solar Power stuff as long as she still plays a bunch from them both (and doesn’t try some crap laud back arrangements to fit her current vibe).  Just gotta hope she doesn’t try and pull some ‘ here’s my new album almost in its entirety’ shite. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Hugh Jass II said:

I'm looking forward to seeing her. Whenever I see the 2017 Other footage I always wish I'd gone.

Will try and give SP another go before the festival too.

Looked great, think I was off watching Radiohead at the same time! 😄