Lorde

jyoung

1 hour ago, FloorFiller said:

Yeah tbh judging from the pretty basic direction the songs seem to have taken I’m not expecting another masterpiece/critical favourite like Melodrama. I’m sure it’ll be good but the singles have hardly been show stoppers.

Interviewed by The New York Times, Lorde says she has spent years honing the ambience of a psychedelic summer to make ”a great weed album“. She’s clearly had fun sampling waves and cicadas on her phone and recruiting Phoebe Bridgers and Clairo to add floaty layers of sweet harmony. 

3 hours ago, lessthanwill1 said:

Yep!

Apparently The Path and California are in “banger” territory. 

The lowest of expectations for this based on the singles but hopefully there’s a few decent tracks. 

California is a solid tune, not sure I'd call it a banger as such though, very much in line with the singles of heading somewhere but never quite getting there. I think as far as bangers go on this album, it's just a dream...

Edited by BFisherr

On 8/18/2021 at 12:53 PM, Ddiamondd said:

Pitchfork's gonna (soft) pan this. I can feel it: it's 6.8 season.

Lmao nailed it 

CB55EFFA-1FEF-476D-A79E-3436AD68E374.jpeg

Funnily enough, it’s the exact score that came to my mind too, and I saw somebody on Reddit say the same thing. Gotta love the predictability of Pitchfork going in on one of their former loves.

Edited by FloorFiller

One listen in and honestly I’d probably take that score lower. This album’s boring AF. I get what she was going for but she forgot to write any actual songs to go with the vibe.

Hoping come the tour next year she rethinks her setlists and whittles down the song she plays from this album to a minimum after the mediocre reception it seems to receiving overall. 

50 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

One listen in and honestly I’d probably take that score lower. This album’s boring AF. I get what she was going for but she forgot to write any actual songs to go with the vibe.

Hoping come the tour next year she rethinks her setlists and whittles down the song she plays from this album to a minimum after the mediocre reception it seems to receiving overall. 

I doubt it. Gotta fully commit and  she will perform 8 songs off it. Then whatever Glasto spot she gets itll have to be cut down so you can at least get the better bits over the course of an hour.  She is on late night tv all next week and I guess you’ll see how another chunk of songs sound like live.