Lorde

jyoung

1 minute ago, jyoung said:

The Friday thing is pretty annoying tbh but it is what it is. The shows were always going to be popular, especially considering the venue as well. Just happy to even have a ticket tbh.

Does make you wonder how many tickets she’d have shifted at Wembley Arena. It seems fairly clear the smaller venues weren’t due to a lack of demand, just wonder how big that demand actually is. Super glad she’s gone for the Roundhouse though, shows will be electric. 

6 minutes ago, jyoung said:

The Friday thing is pretty annoying tbh but it is what it is. The shows were always going to be popular, especially considering the venue as well. Just happy to even have a ticket tbh.

Not sure if you get bank holidays off work, but Thursday 2nd June will be a bank holiday next year because of the Queen's Platinum Jubilee.

Edited by Diamond24

3 minutes ago, Diamond24 said:

Not sure if you get bank holidays off work, but Thursday 2nd June will be a bank holiday next year because of the Queen's Platinum Jubilee.

Haha! Didn't clock that at all. Friday is a bank holiday too...absolutely awesome. That's changed the whole dynamic of this gig for us.

11 minutes ago, jparx said:

Haha! Didn't clock that at all. Friday is a bank holiday too...absolutely awesome. That's changed the whole dynamic of this gig for us.

Yep, it's great! I didn't realise either until my mate mentioned it. Lorde and a 4 day weekend 🙂

Edited by Diamond24

19 minutes ago, jparx said:

Does make you wonder how many tickets she’d have shifted at Wembley Arena. It seems fairly clear the smaller venues weren’t due to a lack of demand, just wonder how big that demand actually is. Super glad she’s gone for the Roundhouse though, shows will be electric. 

She's made a good decision, I think. Like you say, the buzz inside Roundhouse will be unreal.

17 minutes ago, Diamond24 said:

Back of the net! That's an excellent result. Four day weekend in London, hello!

1 hour ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Edinburgh tickets are still available via the Usher Hall presale.....

They had gone by the time I saw this, but they are available on O2 Priority.  I missed out at 10am - waiting room first, then by the time I got in there were only balcony seats available, so refreshed it to see if standing came up, which was a mistake because it then showed everything as sold out.  So I've ended up with balcony tickets from O2 which I could have had at 10.01.

There is also golden circle available on O2. 

Im surprised that people arent taking advantage of the one venue thats all GA and instead just settling for not good seats for the same price. San Francisco has the largest venue at 9000 yet isnt close to sold out yet. Meanwhile 3 dates in southern california have some tickets still left. People are either weird or just dont realize there are options.

Got 2x for Friday at Roundhouse with no issues. I saw she was trending on Twitter the other day when the presale went live because it sold out in seconds, so was expecting much worse. Looking at the Roundhouse website again now and they're still available, so not sure what all the stress was about.

7 minutes ago, grayfitz said:

Got 2x for Friday at Roundhouse with no issues. I saw she was trending on Twitter the other day when the presale went live because it sold out in seconds, so was expecting much worse. Looking at the Roundhouse website again now and they're still available, so not sure what all the stress was about.

Suspect it's all part of the hype - we don't know how many tickets were available in the presale so putting a few on sale for them to be snapped up in seconds and create a buzz is fairly effective marketing.

14 minutes ago, grayfitz said:

Tbf a lot of people will give up after trying the likes of seetickets, ticketmaster etc without thinking to check the actual venue’s website or other places so it’s often the case that there are tickets remaining there after the initial instant sellout on the ticket sites.