jyoung

6 minutes ago, Suprefan said:

track list ( i have the press release )

1. The Path
2. Solar Power
3. California
4. Stoned in the Nail Salon
5. Fallen Fruit
6. Secrets From a Girl (Who's Seen It All)
7. The Man with An Axe
8. Dominoes
9. Big Star
10. Leader of a New Regime
11. Mood Ring
12. Oceanic Feeling

bonus info on the release. looks like no  cd cause natural world. Yet vinyl is worse cuase its petroleum? But not plastic?

To honor the natural world the artist is presenting the album in a first-of-its kind, discless format. An eco-conscious Music Box will be available for purchase as an alternative to a CD. This innovative offering will contain extra visual content, handwritten notes, exclusive photos, and a download card. The card will give purchasers a high-quality download of the music, two exclusive bonus tracks, and access to some special surprises along the way.

When talking about the concept Lorde says, “I decided early on in the process of making this album that I also wanted to create an environmentally kind, forward-thinking alternative to the CD. I wanted this Music Box product to be similar in size, shape and price to a CD, to live alongside it in a retail environment, but be something which stands apart and that’s committed to the evolving nature of a modern album.”

Hope she's aware streaming is an absolutely power draining environmently unsound thing. Unless people only listen once i guess.

37 minutes ago, Radiochicken said:

Doubt this album is gunna have any bangers if she’s only playing Roundhouse a year after it’s out 

All the reports from people who've heard the album say it's basically along the lines of Solar Power and relatively low key. So no 'Green Light' esque pop bangers. They're probably booking the shows going off that.

Edited by jannybruck

5 minutes ago, kingcrawler said:

Those venues make me think 3rd/4th down on the Pyramid (perhaps where Haim were last year with them moving up a bit) but if she’s purposefully booking slightly lower key shows then I wonder if something like JP headliner would work? 

Third on the Pyramid seems about right to me, but she’s way too big to headline JP imo. She’s headlining Primavera (one of, at least) so she’s not exactly averse to performing on a big stage, and I can’t imagine she’ll be anywhere but Pyramid or Other.

1 hour ago, FloorFiller said:

Yeah looking good for Glastonbury. Now to continue the endless speculation over whether she’ll sub, be third down, headline Other, or if dental has anything to do with it, play at 12.45pm on the John Peel.

Could she open the Other as the has-been singalong?

• Upvote 1

There's always a slight bit of disappointment when a band or an artist announces Victoria Warehouse instead of the Apollo. They're both the same (or very similar) capacities and Lorde played the Apollo on her last tour so I was hoping she'd play their again. I'm disappointed but not surprised, will probably still buy tickets though and add it to the list of about 25 other gigs I've bought tickets to over the last 18 months. At least it's on a Saturday though, which is the most convenient day for a gig. 

Is there a trend now that pop artists are trending to release very chilled out and laid back pop albums rather than bangers?

Is that what the kids like nowadays? 

I’m hyped for new Lorde but I’m not expecting bangers. I think it’s clear now that there is only one major pop girl making bangers and it’s Dua Lipa.

Edited by Matt42