Lorde

jyoung

I like it, but it's nowhere near what I was expecting.

Definitely has "song of the summer" vibes, and it's already catchy after one listen even it's not a banger on the Green Light/Royals/Supercut level

Edit: for anyone trying to find it, just google Lord Solar Power MP3 and the first result should sort you out.

Edited by jparx

The Faith similarities are the biggest downside to the song for me. It’s just too much of a recognisable guitar line to be aping so blatantly, whether intentional or not.Other than that, the song’s a big grower and I’m enjoying it a lot.

That guitar though…

Edited by FloorFiller

1 minute ago, FloorFiller said:

The Faith similarities are the biggest downside to the song for me. It’s just too much of a recognisable guitar line to be aping so blatantly, whether intentional or not.Other than that, the song’s a big grower and I’m enjoying it a lot.

That guitar though…

It stood out glaringly on first listen, but just blasted it a few times in a row and I'm already past the Faith vibe tbh. 

I think it's great! Jarring on first listen, but she's done something different and it's a winner for me.

6 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

It's a great song but hopefully there's an extended version coming- or a remix that amps up the groove a bit.

Yeah, kinda feels like it needs a bit more at the end. The last 30 seconds or so really tip it to "great", but it feels like it finishes right as it gets going.

Edited by jparx

1 hour ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

No bangers is it?

K pop doesnt count as music to this lot. Theyll surely cut their ears off than say BTS or Blackpink are worth anything.

and apparently the Lorde album isnt even finished. So who knows how that turns out.

Edited by Suprefan