Lorde

jyoung

5 hours ago, RyanS said:

Her Coachella set was even better than I'd expected.  It was a headliner-worthy performance.  I hope she brings that glass box to the farm!

If she's Other sub and clashing with The xx though, there's going to be a bit of an argument with my girlfriend and so I hope that's not the case!  

If she can play Saturday that would probably be most ideal for variation wise although so would Sunday.

ML though likey to have a non dance type sub, alt-J likely to have a female/more beaty sub and BBK could have the hip hop or something similar as they'll be against Biffy Clyro. 

46 minutes ago, jyoung said:

Clashing with The xx would be such a huge headache. No thank you. I do not need that.

She won't anyway, she'll start between the break of XX into Radiohead and when Radiohead start due to their likely 2hrs +. 

• 1 month later...
43 minutes ago, jyoung said:

Is it up there with Green Light and Liability? I can't listen until my lunch break.

(Kind of hoping it isn't an anthem so I can feel less bad RE missing her set for Radiohead prep)

Prefer it to Liability, not as good as Green Light. 

Homemade Dynamite and Sober are bigger bangers. (Played them at Coachella). 

2 minutes ago, Mezhyp1 said:

Im still considering bolting from The XX to Lorde and back to Radiohead. Madness decision but I don't want to miss Lorde 

Absolute madness but this is my exact same problem. However the following thoughts have lead me to believe that sticking it out at the Pyramid that night is the best idea

1. Bad weather conditions are likely to slow down the route to and from
  2. The inevitable irony of being in a rush will lead no doubt to getting stuck behind / in a crowd
  3. The lack of opportunities for a toilet break if I attempt all three is worrying for a drunken bladder
  4. There is no time to go to the bar and top up that drunken bladder
  5. The fear of missing the beginning of Radiohead will ruin Lorde's set
  6. The risk of not getting a good spot for Radiohead and being surrounded by talkers is too much
  7. The xx into Radiohead is divine and I should be thankful for that
  8. Radiohead's set is going to be perfect and missing Lorde will not change that
  9. Pablo Honey

26 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Really need to get my head around how I'm gonna do this

same. Right now I'm on track to watch the full set and then head over to Radiohead bc I've seen them last year but on the other hand a Radiohead Pyramid set is such a monumental thing that I don't want to miss any of it. 

Lorde is probably the act I'm most gutted about not seeing due to being ticketless. I reckon I would've watched all of Lorde and bolted it to the Pyramid for the rest of Radiohead on the basis that I'm seeing Radiohead in Dublin the Tuesday before Glasto then again in Manchester on the 4th July.

Praying she has a summer tour planned and includes Manchester before I get deported back to Belfast.

Should be able to bolt from The XX to get to other, but if ground condition shit I'll leave XX early as seen them loads before anyway... off to Flaming Lips after so Friday has worked out well for me for a change 

The only irk it trying to catch some of Altern-8 before Royal blood 

8 minutes ago, kingcrawler said:

https://lorde.co.nz/melodrama-tour

doing a few UK gigs in September/October which may help people with the Radiohead clash

Just seen this! It does make me feel a bit better about the clash but I think for me it will depend on how much tickets are. The Manchester date being on a week day means I would have to do Brighton on Saturday. I would have much rather she played at the Dome though because Brighton Centre is a depressing and soulless vacuum. Hmmmm. Will definitely have to keep an eye on this.