Who's playing which day 2017

the wonderwhy

1 hour ago, Will-2609 said:

Well, first day of music. I assume they're told not to reveal their day or something so put the first day of music as standard or something?

The listing title says 'Glastonbury 21-25 June' but the actual date says 23rd so I reckon that one is actually right 

• Replies 961
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, MattDavies__ said:

The listing title says 'Glastonbury 21-25 June' but the actual date says 23rd so I reckon that one is actually right 

Yeah I know, I'm saying they probably have the dates of the festival and purposely put down the first day of music still. I mean obviously they could still be Friday but am not convinced this is any different to other acts putting the first day of the festival down. I assume loads of acts that list the Friday are aware that the festival itself actually opens on the Wednesday.

4 minutes ago, Will-2609 said:

Yeah I know, I'm saying they probably have the dates of the festival and purposely put down the first day of music still. I mean obviously they could still be Friday but am not convinced this is any different to other acts putting the first day of the festival down. I assume loads of acts that list the Friday are aware that the festival itself actually opens on the Wednesday.

There are loads of acts where it says eg. GLASTONBURY FESTIVAL (21-25 JUNE) and the date is down for 21st, so they're not putting down the first day of music or anything. I think that one's legit. Them going to and fro from Scandinavia isn't suss because they're a coupla Swedes.

Also while going thru the acts on the poster that I didn't gleefully check earlier, I spotted Tove Lo is down for Saturday and the Man of Bone and Rag is anything but Saturday cossa Wireless Germany. I didn't go thru them all because that's some tedious shit.

2 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

There are loads of acts where it says eg. GLASTONBURY FESTIVAL (21-25 JUNE) and the date is down for 21st, so they're not putting down the first day of music or anything. I think that one's legit. Them going to and fro from Scandinavia isn't suss because they're a coupla Swedes.

Also while going thru the acts on the poster that I didn't gleefully check earlier, I spotted Tove Lo is down for Saturday and the Man of Bone and Rag is anything but Saturday cossa Wireless Germany. I didn't go thru them all because that's some tedious shit.

I was going through them all & got up to the line with Tove Lo on so we might have actually covered them all :lol:

For some reason most bands seem to now do their listings with Songkick, which automatically puts anyone playing down as the 21st so it actually wasn't that helpful. I'll add those two tho. 

1 minute ago, Will-2609 said:

Yeah they do. I did this for R&L after the first two announcements and loads had Friday down for both fests. Happens loads.

Never ever seen it with Glastonbury. There's a difference with R&L as everything's officially down as starting on the Friday (I know there are Thursday acts).

Edited by The Placid Casual

20 minutes ago, The Placid Casual said:

Never ever seen it with Glastonbury. There's a difference with R&L as everything's officially down as starting on the Friday (I know there are Thursday acts).

Maybe. Even if this is the case though the point still stands for acts like Moderat where we're saying they can't be Friday as they've got Down the Rabbit Hole listed for that day.

23 minutes ago, Dan190984 said:

When does the Clashfinder page usual start getting fuller? I'm struggling to keep up with who's likely to be where and when already.

Usually not until the full stage breakdown/times is released, it stays pretty sparse apart from the big acts (which people are only guessing anyway)

Edited by grayfitz

26 minutes ago, Dan190984 said:

When does the Clashfinder page usual start getting fuller? I'm struggling to keep up with who's likely to be where and when already.

Probably be another month or so until the stages start releasing their line ups

Yeah until we have a reliable running order of act to at least guess the times based on previous years it's useless. Last two years I believe the times came with the running order so it was nothing and then suddenly everything.

38 minutes ago, shoptildrop said:

The Moonlandingz are play Saturday at the Park stage according to one of the band when I spoke to them last night 

Good stuff - assume it'll be quite early. They not say anything about a second set? Lias and Saul have done plenty of those with Fat Whites so I was half expecting one.

32 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Yeah until we have a reliable running order of act to at least guess the times based on previous years it's useless. Last two years I believe the times came with the running order so it was nothing and then suddenly everything.

Good stuff - assume it'll be quite early. They not say anything about a second set? Lias and Saul have done plenty of those with Fat Whites so I was half expecting one.

They said mid afternoon slot but don't know about other sets, I'm sure they will in some form like the have in the past

gig last night was cracking really enjoyed them, support band Witch Fever were bloody good too definitely one to watch