Who's playing which day 2017

the wonderwhy

2 minutes ago, Odessa said:

Serves Download right for booking a headliner who are on their second consecutive summer of playing festivals, after they didn't even headline R&L where they're a more suitable band. Awful booking from them and I have no sympathy. 

Katy Perry instead of Gaga is pretty disappointing, would be fun but I genuinely enjoyed Lady Gaga's big hits, Katy Perry would just be a laugh if there's nothing else on as I don't particularly like her songs.

I'd say Katy Perry has bigger bangers than Lady Gaga.

Musically, of course.

• Replies 961
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Apologies in advance for the Friday clashes

Friday:

Pyramid: Radiohead, The National, Royal Blood, Stormzy

Other: Major Lazer, The Courteeners

JP: Run the Jewels

WH: Justice

Saturday:

Pyramid: Foo Fighters, Biffy Clyro, Lorde, Kaiser Chiefs, Haim

Other: Alt J, Boy Better Know

JP: Phoenix

WH: The Jacksons

Sunday:

Pyramid: Ed Sheeran, Katy Perry, Chic, Barry Gibb, Emile Sande

Other: The XX, London Grammar

JP: Metronomy

WH: The Flaming Lips

EDIT: I'm working on changing this. I know a few are wrong.

Edited by The Placid Casual

27 minutes ago, Odessa said:

Serves Download right for booking a headliner who are on their second consecutive summer of playing festivals, after they didn't even headline R&L where they're a more suitable band. Awful booking from them and I have no sympathy. 

Katy Perry instead of Gaga is pretty disappointing, would be fun but I genuinely enjoyed Lady Gaga's big hits, Katy Perry would just be a laugh if there's nothing else on as I don't particularly like her songs.

Yeah tbh Download if they were going to have them should have last year and it's Copping's must have the big big one's regardless of how many times that stops it. I agree that I don't think it's the best choice still and provided they sub at Glasto I'll forego a ticket and miss ADTR and AFI (new stuff is shite) tbh. SOAD appeals more now but only for 3 acts and they probably aren't worth the ticket price.

23 minutes ago, Half Man Half Mattress said:

I'd say Katy Perry has bigger bangers than Lady Gaga.

Musically, of course.

I'd have rathered Gaga but this is no less interesting to attend. Another that I'll but wouldn't pay for. 

12 minutes ago, Mezhyp1 said:

Yep, they are third from the top on West Holts behind Solange and The Jacksons. Add BadBadNotGood and Toots in there before them also 

I can see Sampha being Saturday as well and coming on for Don't Touch My Hair with Solange

Tah whoever's added Glass Animals on Thursday. I reckon that's just because Thursday is often considered the first day of the festival (as is Wednesday) & a lot of the band listings tend to just put the first day up when it comes to fests. 

Neil's got em down for Other stage anyways. 

2 hours ago, MattDavies__ said:

Tah whoever's added Glass Animals on Thursday. I reckon that's just because Thursday is often considered the first day of the festival (as is Wednesday) & a lot of the band listings tend to just put the first day up when it comes to fests. 

Neil's got em down for Other stage anyways. 

Would be a good shout for one of the secret Williams Green Thursday sets too though, surely 

EDIT: if that's still a thing, idk, I wasn't paying much attention last year 

Edited by Zac Quinn

30 minutes ago, Zac Quinn said:

Would be a good shout for one of the secret Williams Green Thursday sets too though, surely 

EDIT: if that's still a thing, idk, I wasn't paying much attention last year 

Last year's two were smaller, think it was maybe The DMAs and Rat Boy? Either way no one worth bothering about too much. Would be all over Glass Animals doing that slot though.

Oi we should know by now that most acts who put festivals on their tour dates before days are confirmed just put the first day of the festival.

So First Aid Kit having Fri down is probs for this reason (they're in Scandinavia on the Wed and Sat so I expect Sun at Glasto).

That Google Doc has Moderat down for Sun cos their tour dates have other fests down for Fri and Sat, but the Fri date is Down the Rabbit Hole and they've probably just got Fri down cos it's the first day.

2 minutes ago, Will-2609 said:

Oi we should know by now that most acts who put festivals on their tour dates before days are confirmed just put the first day of the festival.

So First Aid Kit having Fri down is probs for this reason (they're in Scandinavia on the Wed and Sat so I expect Sun at Glasto).

That Google Doc has Moderat down for Sun cos their tour dates have other fests down for Fri and Sat, but the Fri date is Down the Rabbit Hole and they've probably just got Fri down cos it's the first day.

FAK listing has 21-25 June as the festival dates though so they haven't put the first day of the festival.