is it just me

shuttlep

4 hours ago, shuttlep said:

or does anyone else think, "this is the best line up I have seen for many a year"

I mean take the headliners out who I don't care for, but everyone else on the list I want to see. it's not been like that for a while

Yep. I thought exactly this. Reckon I'm gonna struggle with clashes this year.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

2 hours ago, gmb1992 said:

I'm stoked with this lineup! 

I've already picked a handful of definitelys and there is loads more I would see along with so much still to come! 

Also SO excited for Chic... it's my biggest festival regret missing them in '13- I'm so glad to get another chance :D

Chic are gonna be banging. Just hope they get the slot right.

Weak line up so far for my tastes. The acts I will definitely go see are: 

Foo Fighters

Courteeners

Alt-J

Circa Waves

Royal Blood

The rest I just really couldn't care if they were on or not. Im waiting for Elbow, Imagine Dragons, Temper Trap, Empire of the Sun, Two Door, Chvrches, The Kooks, Jamiroquai, Dan Croll, Clean cut Kid & Milky Chance. Then ill be happy :D

Dramatically lowered my expectations for the first poster after last year's initial release, plus also realised properly in '16 that seeing wall-to-wall bands isn't that important - just a few to tie you over.

At a stretch there are 10 I would be interested in seeing. That'll do me for now. As for Katy Perry - my mum always told me if you have nothing nice to say, don't say it at all.

Edited by Huckleberry Finn

10 minutes ago, Huckleberry Finn said:

As for Katy Perry - my mum always told me if you have nothing nice to say, don't say it at all.

Dunno, dunno. My mam always told me to tell the truth. So...

She'll be a laugh as long as I'm well lubricated ;) 

Edited by Slavivlad

8 hours ago, Wooderson said:

I've no ticket and this line up made me think I've a better chance at getting one now. If anything, it validated that the draw for me is the farm and the people. I'm largely unimpressed with the line up (parts of it are a wind up, surely) but as focussed as ever to go.

Same. Maybe an element of protecting myself against resale disappointment but a lot of it looks like bookers have been sticking pins in a list of previous performers.

I know really that there is always something good to be watching and I will be gutted if I end up seeing RtJ and the National just on tv though.

For me its one of the strongest first line ups from all the years I've been going. After 20+ years of festival there are band(s) - Future islands being one, that I've never had the chance to see and would  love to. I'd been looking to see if I could make their tour somewhere and had written it off - I'm buzzing - but on the flip side already thinking clashes :-)

Mixed bag for me. There are plenty of huge acts who I like and would like to see. But when I look at the top four rows on the poster there are only 4 who I have not seen before and only one of them really appeals to me. Plenty of strength in depth and I have already listened to several acts I had not previously heard and added them to the "I wouldn't mind seeing them" list, not least Thundercat who sounds great and is a must see. I'm proper miserable when it comes to new music too, so all the Grime is way over my head. I think I am just missing a couple of big heritage acts (selfishly, that means old bands I like) to get me hyped about the lineup.

In short, there's not one band that I will forgo everything else on offer to see.

Edited by TheNewUnion
defective counting ability