is it just me

shuttlep

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I find the words in the box the least enticing for me of recent years but I couldn't care less 'cause it's a real life not-fake Glastonbury poster which proves it's really happening after all.  And I can just sit there looking at the whole piece for my kicks.

There's oodles more to be announced out of which I'll get at least 5 must sees so this is just the aperitif. 

2 hours ago, whisty said:

Couldn't care less, sunshine, overcast, warm, sitting on reasonably dry grass hearing & seeing it all going on, that'll do for me.

This is where it's at. Live music and good company is all that's needed. That said, the lineup so far is pretty incredible!

Amazing lineup, on par with 2013 for me, unless there is a drastic clash and shifts forgiving will make sure I see future islands this year, missed them in 2015 watched it back on iplayer thought they were class.

Edited by JayBalls

23 minutes ago, TheSilence said:

Nor had i until about six months ago. They are unreal. Their album IV is excellent! 

Talking of Badbadnotgood, does anyone think they will be on the same day as Future Islands and we will get a guest appearance from Samuel T Herring

Edited by GMF
Band not mentioned in quote.

I can't decide - there are quite a few things that I would like to see. Flipping through spotify to listen to loads of the other listed artists and not that impressed. But it is all down to personal taste which is what makes everything interesting. Still praying for sun.

Little bit disappointing, though the last couple of years had a fair amount of my favourites playing, so naturally there were going to be less this year. Still, a Slowdive here, an Alvvays there would have made a massive difference for me.

That said, I'm very happy with Radiohead and Warpaint as headliners, and theres a fair few other acts I'm up for seeing. Biffy is a nice surprise.

1 hour ago, 40 Days said:

This is my first Glastonbury and will also be my first major (three days plus) festival for the best part of six/seven years, so as you can imagine for the last few months I've been pretty excited. Have to admit, running through that line-up from top to bottom this morning I was pretty disappointed - not entirely sure what I was expecting but this isn't really it. Top end of the bill - I get it, huge names, with massive fan bases and proven commercial success.

But come on, acts like Stormzy and Lorde who have released two/three albums between them that high up a Glastonbury line-up... maybe I'm out of touch. Can pick out half a dozen other acts that I'd like to see but it just reads like a Radio 6 daytime playlist. Complete lack of imagination. Perhaps indicative of the state of the music industry as a whole.

Yes but this is just the first poster- there is still a lot more to come still !! I'm not sure what kind of stuff you are into but if you haven't been before then you might not appreciate the extensive variety that covers 50 Stages with over 2000 acts!! If you really can't get excited by the vast range of stuff  on offer across 4 days then I am not sure what you were expecting! 

Personally I think it is a stronger line up than the last couple of years and looking forward to more to come! 

29 minutes ago, GMF said:

Talking of Badbadnotgood, does anyone think they will be on the same day as Future Islands and we will get a guest appearance from Samuel T Herring

Until this very second i didn't even notice Future Islands were playing. I was literally wondering whether theyd play for the same reason. Id say its nailed on Herring will appear with them. 

I feel the same way....although I've been a long time phoenix lover and its one od the few names i do know...Badbadnotgood I've seen multiple times before (they're canadian-I'm canadian) and they're quite entertaining. Other than some of the obvious ones I really feel in the dark with this lineup. Time to Spotify. 

Definitely best line up in the three years I've been going. 16 acts off the bat I really want to see, few more I'd be keen to go along to. 

Last year after seeking out and listening to a few acts I hadn't listened to before I finally got to around 18 so this is massively stronger. 

Also Radiohead and the National are arguably my two favourite acts working today so them alone make it a success. 

3 hours ago, shuttlep said:

or does anyone else think, "this is the best line up I have seen for many a year"

I mean take the headliners out who I don't care for, but everyone else on the list I want to see. it's not been like that for a while

In all honesty, for my tastes it is the most utterly abysmal festival line up I have ever seen. Take Chic and Joe Goddard away and there is nothing else that I would go out of my way to see.

Last year was my first year and also an amazing lineup for me so this year it's and upward climb. Like other people are saying I'm sure there's going to be some more amazing additions... and I do quite like a lot of the smaller bands (esp some of the ones coming over from Canada). Obviously not going to give up my ticket so I'll just get into some new music and make the best of it. 

zcGtCQt.jpg

3 hours ago, shuttlep said:

or does anyone else think, "this is the best line up I have seen for many a year"

I mean take the headliners out who I don't care for, but everyone else on the list I want to see. it's not been like that for a while

It is utterly fucking AMAZING.

Plenty for me to see already and that's without investigating some of the names I don't recognise, good help me when it becomes clash city!!

Flaming Lips can't do Saturday can they? as don't want them clashing with Foos and want to finally see them

I'm stoked with this lineup! 

I've already picked a handful of definitelys and there is loads more I would see along with so much still to come! 

Also SO excited for Chic... it's my biggest festival regret missing them in '13- I'm so glad to get another chance :D

3 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Won't be a single act from the Glade on this one.

Thats what I am pinning my hopes on mate. Will happily spend my time round there.

Just a bit disappointed really as it is looking like I will not be able to have a drink or anything else. The amount of overtime I have had to do to go this year is ridiculous. It would have been nice to have a couple of acts to really look forward to.

I've counted 18 must sees on this lineup & 3 more I'd gladly listen to, the fake poster that went around yesterday had 6! So I'm over the moon with it!

and like a lot keep saying Biffy & Katy Perry could've been headliners themselves!

really can not wait!

if miracles can happen id love Gaga, Dua Lipa & Liam Gallagher to be added!