Acts missing from line up?

johnny-yen

1 hour ago, sunnydaysblue said:

Does anyone think that Emily has just said that so more people who may have disappointed pay off their balance? The article seems to be suggesting there will be more bigget names being added than previous years? If so I welcome that as there's a lot missing for me that I thought would be there.

I think they know the majority will pay off, there is well enough tickets seller just in the headliners, add to that Biffy were never thought off, nor The National and rare or Katy Perry and she isn't a cheap get.

When it comes to extra acts....we have a Saturday that could look like, FF, Biffy, Van Morrison?, Lorde, Craig David, Kaiser Chiefs?...only going to have 7 acts most likely like The Stones did, that is strong and even Craig David is an arena act this year and Lorde is a rarity and not only that but Glastonbury I think is her only UK Festival appearance of the year. Sunday also with the top 4 talked about is strong.

• Replies 345
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

23 hours ago, 1waveydavey said:

I think he's a super smart guy and the point he makes in the article you referenced is spot on, he's been misinterpreted, wilfully at times by people who are just itching to have a go at somebody / anybody. I honestly think he's one of the good guys.

I'm not so sure there's that much to it. He's written politically negative songs at both (main) teams (Thatcher Fucked The Kids, called the left "idiot fucking hippies" on Love, Ire and Song) without actually providing any valuable political discussion. 

His music might be a useful tool getting people more politically involved, but he doesn't really contribute further than "here's why you're wrong" and over-sentimental idealism without substance

24 minutes ago, evannn said:

I'm not so sure there's that much to it. He's written politically negative songs at both (main) teams (Thatcher Fucked The Kids, called the left "idiot fucking hippies" on Love, Ire and Song) without actually providing any valuable political discussion. 

His music might be a useful tool getting people more politically involved, but he doesn't really contribute further than "here's why you're wrong" and over-sentimental idealism without substance

That's most political songwriting to be fair.

39 minutes ago, DeanoL said:

That's most political songwriting to be fair.

Yeah, agreed.

Perhaps he's been criticised for it more than his peers, but I'm not sure the criticism is invalid, whether it's aimed at him, at groups like Rise Against and Enter Shikari (much worse for it imo), or someone like Kate Tempest (at times she's quite clever with it, other times just as blunt) or anyone else. 

I guess when you put yourself on a pedestal with opinions like that, especially within the realms of "punk", you open yourself up to criticism of said opinions and stances

46 minutes ago, evannn said:

Yeah, agreed.

Perhaps he's been criticised for it more than his peers, but I'm not sure the criticism is invalid, whether it's aimed at him, at groups like Rise Against and Enter Shikari (much worse for it imo), or someone like Kate Tempest (at times she's quite clever with it, other times just as blunt) or anyone else. 

I guess when you put yourself on a pedestal with opinions like that, especially within the realms of "punk", you open yourself up to criticism of said opinions and stances

Part of the issue was that after Thatcher... the liberal press decided he was clearly one of them and on "their side" and got very upset when it turned out his views were more complicated than that. He was treated as turning his back on a set of beliefs he'd never adopted in the first place.

That he's good friends with two of the country's best lefty singer-songwriters buys him a lot of leeway in my opinion. If they're grown up enough to agree to disagree then I can too...

I am disappointed about Lady Gaga, I saw her a few years ago but was quite looking forward to see her again. 

Line up is great and am very excited to see Laura Marling once again, especially at Glasto.

Edited by cazzatron

21 hours ago, Tartan_Glasto said:

Actually just realised Twin Atlantic are missing, was presuming they'd be there this year.

They've been announced for German festivals Southside and Hurricane on the 24 & 25th. So they would have to do Friday 23rd early on?, who knows 

Edited by CJTM

Pearl jam 

New model army 

Kate Bush 

Elton John

The mission 

The levellers 

Depeche mode 

Paul wellar 

Fleetwood Mac 

Chilli peppers 

Faithless 

Modest mouse 

Dreadzone.... Although Greg didn't say that they weren't playing just that they had other gigs around the time.

Manic Street Preachers although there be Fri starters imo 

Midnight oil 

Cat Stevens

Justin barber 

Take twat 

Coldday.

To name a few 

3 hours ago, guypjfreak said:

Pearl jam 

New model army 

Kate Bush 

Elton John

The mission 

The levellers 

Depeche mode 

Paul wellar 

Fleetwood Mac 

Chilli peppers 

Faithless 

Modest mouse 

Dreadzone.... Although Greg didn't say that they weren't playing just that they had other gigs around the time.

Manic Street Preachers although there be Fri starters imo 

Midnight oil 

Cat Stevens

Justin barber 

Take twat    

Coldday.

To name a few 

Don't you dare call them that! Take That are brilliant! The new legends, in fact.

What I want to know, though, is why we are missing John Otway and his Big Band in the Cabaret Tent, seeing as he is on tour at the moment?

And where are the bloody Tiger Lillies? They are perfect for Glasto!

(Wouldn't mind seeing Cat Stevens, by the way. And Fleetwood Mac were excellent on their reunion tour a couple of years' ago - they are definitely ripe for the legend slot!)

Just sayin'...

If Fleetwood Mac ever play they will headline. Would be surprised if it happened now, best chance was probably a couple of years ago. I can't imagine Take That would be a particularly popular choice amongst theses forums but I could be wrong!

2 hours ago, JanieM28 said:

Don't you dare call them that! Take That are brilliant! The new legends, in fact.

What I want to know, though, is why we are missing John Otway and his Big Band in the Cabaret Tent, seeing as he is on tour at the moment?

And where are the bloody Tiger Lillies? They are perfect for Glasto!

(Wouldn't mind seeing Cat Stevens, by the way. And Fleetwood Mac were excellent on their reunion tour a couple of years' ago - they are definitely ripe for the legend slot!)

Just sayin'...