Secret Glasto text alerts

Franky

Just now, cloudb said:

Can't confirm but based on the post earlier it does appear that free trial is restricted to workflows that only have a single trigger and a single action.  This would cover the tweet to SMS workflow that does the job.

Thanks, I thought it should but was delaying signing up till this weekend.

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, jyoung said:

Exact problem I encountered, my network is Tesco Mobile. Having to rely on Zapier now so fingers crossed.

It won't work with Tesco mobile as Twitter only supports 3mobile, O2 and another network I've never heard of before. So it should work with my phone. I turned on mobile notifications for the glasto thingy account the other day, so I'm not sure why I now can't add anything. 

Edit: It's not available on O2, but is on Orange, and Sure was the network I'd never heard of. Sorry, should have checked first before posting

Edited by musky

3 minutes ago, musky said:

It won't work with Tesco mobile as Twitter only supports 3mobile, O2 and another network I've never heard of before. So it should work with my phone. I turned on mobile notifications for the glasto thingy account the other day, so I'm not sure why I now can't add anything. 

Kept that one quiet didn't they, cheeky rascals. They probably didn't keep it quiet to be fair, I just didn't know haha. I used to have an iPhone on 3. It was great. I had actual unlimited data. Crazy times. I could have had sms twitter notifications then. That would have been fun. I left that phone in a taxi on new years eve along with my bankcard and twenty quid. That was two and a half years ago now. Damn.

Zapier better work hahaha.

59 minutes ago, jyoung said:

Kept that one quiet didn't they, cheeky rascals. They probably didn't keep it quiet to be fair, I just didn't know haha. I used to have an iPhone on 3. It was great. I had actual unlimited data. Crazy times. I could have had sms twitter notifications then. That would have been fun. I left that phone in a taxi on new years eve along with my bankcard and twenty quid. That was two and a half years ago now. Damn.

Zapier better work hahaha.

Unlimited data. This should call for a picture of Homer drooling, but I can't be arsed. :)

I'd never even heard of Zapier until it was mentioned in this thread, but it now looks like I'll be giving it a try. No idea why I can't select to get mobile notifications from any account now and I've spent more time on it than is sensible.

Oh, and for anyone else wondering about SMS alerts it's not O2 it's available on, it's Orange. And the mystery network that also supports it is Sure.

10 hours ago, carlosj said:

If you're talking about Twitter sending mobile notifications, then I think that's been stopped, certainly for 3 who confirmed that to me this week. :-(

I just found your question to them on Twitter. Couldn't actually see all of the reply, but your response spoke volumes. :(

It's very strange that I was able to activate my mobile via SMS, but not follow anybody. Actually, when you posted your question I could turn on notifications for accounts. Very strange. Anyway, that's the sole reason for me to specifically want a 3 mobile account gone.

Goodbye Three, hello Orange.

2 hours ago, musky said:

Oh, and for anyone else wondering about SMS alerts it's not O2 it's available on, it's Orange. And the mystery network that also supports it is Sure.

Yes! The tables have turned. Who needs an iPhone on 3 when THIS bad boy is your festival phone. Orange and all!

WP_20170614_20_47_04_Pro.jpg

5 hours ago, musky said:

Edit: It's not available on O2, but is on Orange, and Sure was the network I'd never heard of. Sorry, should have checked first before posting

Text tweet worked 2 years back now on 02 for me no problem. I only put the code in to confirm activation setup for my phone as it's a replacement today after the tweetso chances are i wouldn't receive it. I'll have the data on all day for twitter anyway

10 hours ago, thewayiam said:

Text tweet worked 2 years back now on 02 for me no problem. I only put the code in to confirm activation setup for my phone as it's a replacement today after the tweetso chances are i wouldn't receive it. I'll have the data on all day for twitter anyway

Network providers seem to have been dropping support for SMS notifications for a few years now, and it looks like 3 have only recently dropped it. They seem to have been citing a lack of demand for it, so that just leaves Orange as the only major provider for the service now.

12 minutes ago, mr flow said:

I'll do another test tweet tomorrow morning, to allow people the time to set things up.

i can always do another on Monday as well if we still have issues

Yes please for Monday. I've just bought another cheapo festival phone rather than get my old one unlocked, and I won't receive it until Saturday.

5 hours ago, musky said:

Network providers seem to have been dropping support for SMS notifications for a few years now, and it looks like 3 have only recently dropped it. They seem to have been citing a lack of demand for it, so that just leaves Orange as the only major provider for the service now.

Fair, I'd never use it if not for this.

9 hours ago, barkley87 said:

I've gone on that and added my Twitter account to it, but have no idea what to do next. Help!!

Create a IFTTT account if you haven't already, and you just need to find the 'recipe' (code) for getting an SMS notification IF a Twitter account Tweets.  It's really easy, you can do it! 

3 hours ago, verrymerry said:

Create a IFTTT account if you haven't already, and you just need to find the 'recipe' (code) for getting an SMS notification IF a Twitter account Tweets.  It's really easy, you can do it! 

I can't find it! I've searched 'Twitter SMS' and 'Twitter text' but can't find anything there. Do you have the link to the recipe?