Secret Glasto text alerts

Franky

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry if this has already been posted (I did scan through the entire thread but couldn't see anything), but is there a way to receive the tweets via text? I'll be taking an old Samsung with no internet, and my boyfriend who doesn't go to Glasto and usually informs me of any secret sets has selfishly decided to go on a stag weekend this year. I'm on o2 if that changes anything. 

13 minutes ago, barkley87 said:

Sorry if this has already been posted (I did scan through the entire thread but couldn't see anything), but is there a way to receive the tweets via text? I'll be taking an old Samsung with no internet, and my boyfriend who doesn't go to Glasto and usually informs me of any secret sets has selfishly decided to go on a stag weekend this year. I'm on o2 if that changes anything. 

twitter.PNG

10 hours ago, briddj said:

You'd need to turn ON mobile notifications.

And have your settings right in Mobile in your account.

twitter2.PNG

Great, thank you! And this should text me whatever they tweet (and not just that they tweeted)?

Edited by barkley87

26 minutes ago, briddj said:

You might have a slightly different list of options, but the two that matter should be there.

twitter3.PNG

twitter4.PNG

Just changed password on the computer instead of phone and checked, for some reason by phone number is on twitter but the box to check for mobile tweet text messages wasn't so it must have been disabled somehow or unckecked through changed of phone or something but I should get them now. Last year unless my phone was on data I couldn't so now I can preserve the battery hopefully and only use data when needed. I'll take the cheap phone that holds but much preferred last year using my proper phone instead.

I don't have the turn off updates during these hour ticked but I don't see that being an issue?

Edited by thewayiam

22 hours ago, musky said:

On another note, are any test tweets planned? 

I plan doing my final tweet on Thursday, come Friday it will be time to hand over the secretglasto keys to the 2017 person to implement their manifesto of secrets.                                                            

Edited by august1

2 minutes ago, august1 said:

I plan doing my final tweet on Thursday, come Friday it will be time to hand over the secretglasto keys to the 2017 person to implement their manifesto of secrets.                                                            

Ah, after your last tweet I did wonder if you'd do another on Thursday. Thanks for all the good work last year. :)

5 hours ago, Franky said:

It took me ages to set it up a few years ago as I hate Twitter but once the texts are set up it's a god send ! Although everything comes through twice but I'm happy to live with that lol :) 

Ha! I'll give myself a few hours to sort it out then!

6 minutes ago, august1 said:

Not sure tbh . Mark or Stu will know. Feel free to dm secretglasto on twitter so I can have a nose :P

Yeah, that's the best bet. There'll be a thread to gather everything soon that can be out in public. Just need to make sure it's not created too soon so the edit period expires before the festival.