Secret Glasto text alerts

Franky

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

9 hours ago, mr flow said:

I'm only missing it as I should have a 6 week old baby by the time the festival comes round. Due to the pregnancy,  I've known I won't be going to Glastonbury for the last 7 months, So I've kind of gone through all of the different emotions of missing the festival, and come out the other side :) 

I'm sure I'll still have a hollow feeling when the actually weekend comes around, but if I can fully immerse myself in the festival whilst I'm at home, I'm hoping I can still enjoy it, despite not being at the festival. Although I am looking forward to not having a week long comedown for once :D 

Just a thought, but are you available on Thursday or Friday or is it just the weekend? If you're not about for those two days I'm sure we could all come up with something to help out.

6 hours ago, mr flow said:

Haha, you're making me think I should just get a ticket in the resale now, just to get some peace and quiet for the weekend :D

6 hours ago, stuartbert two hats said:

That's why I go to Glastonbury these days ;)

This is why MrsCJ tells me to go to Glastonbury. I'm a lucky guy.

17 hours ago, Cabaret_Tent said:

The Cabaret tent line up a direct times are announced before the festival along with all other stages.

Where? I've never been able to find them. I'm pretty sure even the programme is usually useless.

12 hours ago, musky said:

Just a thought, but are you available on Thursday or Friday or is it just the weekend? If you're not about for those two days I'm sure we could all come up with something to help out.

I'll be around for the whole period, but any help will be great, it'll be a team effort :)

8 hours ago, mr flow said:

I'll be around for the whole period, but any help will be great, it'll be a team effort :)

Good stuff. :) I'll certainly forward any info I come across on site. I didn't go last year but in hanging on in the vain hope of securing a ticket a volunteer for Secret Glasto had already been found. I did get stuck in on the Sunday though and using social search engines turned up several secret sets, as did contacting the WhatsApp resale group for news from those on site.

I wish I'd spent my Saturday doing it as well. Like Stuart I did find some satisfaction in enjoying the festival vicariously. Hope you find it as enjoyable as I did. :)

6 hours ago, Franky said:

I will try to update from the festival again, can somone remind me, can i reply to the texts in order to update or do i have to use twitter ? Thanks

My festival phone is on 3 mobile so I'm able to get texted tweets directly rather than through ITTT. I could (and did) tweet the Secret Glasto account via text without any problems.

• 1 month later...
On ‎05‎/‎04‎/‎2017 at 0:43 PM, MrZigster said:

Well, I don't know how I missed that. I usually go through that page to try and make at least some kind of a plan.

Sorry for the belated response. If you use the clashfinder you need to ensure you add the Cabaret stage as it isn't on the default settings. That has all the acts on to (but can be hard to read due to the sheer number of acts)

• 2 weeks later...
6 minutes ago, adequate8 said:

is @secretglasto a no go this year?

on a similar note, I'm finding it impossible to get twitter to send SMS when an account i follow tweets, any advice? 

On any Twitter user's homepage, there should be a little box with a bell and a plus sign in it. Click on that to turn on notifications.

3 minutes ago, mr gumby said:

On any Twitter user's homepage, there should be a little box with a bell and a plus sign in it. Click on that to turn on notifications.

yeh tried that, but dont get any texts. If you have iPhone notifications on too, do you get the lock screen banner and a text if mobile notifications is selected?

2 minutes ago, adequate8 said:

yeh tried that, but dont get any texts. If you have iPhone notifications on too, do you get the lock screen banner and a text if mobile notifications is selected?

I think only certain networks are supported, without using IFTTT.

3 minutes ago, adequate8 said:

I don't have an iPhone, so I'm not sure, sorry.

Only Orange (not sure if it's just Orange or the entire EE network), 3 and Sure (CWC) support SMS notifications in the UK.

On another note, are any test tweets planned? I've got SMS notifications set up but as it's on a festival phone it's been off all year. Didn't get anything when I turned it on the other day but it had been 8 days or so since the last tweet.

52 minutes ago, musky said:

Only Orange (not sure if it's just Orange or the entire EE network), 3 and Sure (CWC) support SMS notifications in the UK.

On another note, are any test tweets planned? I've got SMS notifications set up but as it's on a festival phone it's been off all year. Didn't get anything when I turned it on the other day but it had been 8 days or so since the last tweet.

I set up for one of the many twitter accounts i have (play in 2 diff bands) and did a test tweet. 

if stuck give me a follow https://twitter.com/Dientesband and i'll run another for you