Secret Glasto text alerts

Franky

15 hours ago, stuartbert two hats said:

All the previous runners bagged tickets in the main sale this year. We'll try to recruit after the resale.

Every year it's touch and go that we can find someone that is obsessed enough with the festival to run the service, yet not actually in attendance. We've talked about doing an automated service if there are no volunteers, but that would obviously not be as good as having someone live tweeting, since it would be unable to react to the sets that come to light over the festival, which is about 1/4 of them and where @SecretGlasto shines. For the pre-known sets you can just look at the corresponding thread on here, and you don't need the texts/tweets at all.

Are you stepping forward? ;)

Haha I have a ticket too ! Although moe than happy to help out from the festival again, updated times and secret sets you see you posted etc etc.

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

12 hours ago, Muppetmark said:

While i was the one who set it up,  you ran it so well which made it the popular behemoth that it is today.  

I'm more than happy for you to run it if you want to :)

10 hours ago, stuartbert two hats said:

This is wonderful news. Didn't expect anyone to step forward so soon. I think we have a secret tweeter!

No problem at all, I'd be more than happy to run things for you. It's my first festival I'm missing since 2005 so I'm pretty gutted about it. Although, if I can't contribute to the festival on site this year, hopefully I can still help others to have an even better festival this way :) 

Edited by mr flow

On 30/03/2017 at 11:16 AM, mr flow said:

No problem at all, I'd be more than happy to run things for you. It's my first festival I'm missing since 2005 so I'm pretty gutted about it. Although, if I can't contribute to the festival on site this year, hopefully I can still help others to have an even better festival this way :) 

Hats off man, I salute you. I've not got a ticket, and if I don't get one in the resale, I'll have to spend Glastonbury week hiding, non telly, no phone, no interent, no nothing. I'm impressed you'd put yourself for this. Proper noble.

11 minutes ago, Mardy said:

Hats off man, I salute you. I've not got a ticket, and if I don't get one in the resale, I'll have to spend Glastonbury week hiding, non telly, no phone, no interent, no nothing. I'm impressed you'd put yourself for this. Proper noble.

I found it more enjoyable than vaguely watching the coverage another year I missed going. I think you've got to go either way - totally ignore it or go the whole hog. I almost feel like I went in 2015 even though I was at home.

So satisfying seeing people's happy reactions on Twitter, even if it was because they saw Bastille!

Edited by stuartbert two hats

Just now, stuartbert two hats said:

I found it more enjoyable than vaguely watching the coverage another year I missed going. I think you've got to go either way - totally ignore it or go the whole hog. I almost feel like I went in 2015 even though I was at home.

So satisfying seeing people's happy reactions on Twitter, even if it was because they saw Bastille!

I'm genuinely impressed. Know I couldn't do it.

and Bastille?, that's just enabling the fuckers

11 minutes ago, Mardy said:

Having already missed one myself, I would like to suggest that getting absolutely bolloxed in your room on your own for the whole weekend and watching the Glasto coverage on iPlayer is the best way to stop Glasto FOMO. Wouldn't go as far as setting the the tent up in your garden but when I did this it was almost as though I was there.

On ‎01‎/‎04‎/‎2017 at 11:50 AM, Mardy said:

I'm only missing it as I should have a 6 week old baby by the time the festival comes round. Due to the pregnancy,  I've known I won't be going to Glastonbury for the last 7 months, So I've kind of gone through all of the different emotions of missing the festival, and come out the other side :) 

I'm sure I'll still have a hollow feeling when the actually weekend comes around, but if I can fully immerse myself in the festival whilst I'm at home, I'm hoping I can still enjoy it, despite not being at the festival. Although I am looking forward to not having a week long comedown for once :D 

IF I don't get a ticket in the resale, which obviously isn't going to happen, then I will help out as much as possible with this. I think I will be out for a relatives birthday one of the days that weekend but other than that should be available to help.

But obviously that is all inconsequential as the resale will be a success...

Edited by mjsell

14 minutes ago, mr flow said:

I'm only missing it as I should have a 6 week old baby by the time the festival comes round. Due to the pregnancy,  I've known I won't be going to Glastonbury for the last 7 months, So I've kind of gone through all of the different emotions of missing the festival, and come out the other side :) 

I'm sure I'll still have a hollow feeling when the actually weekend comes around, but if I can fully immerse myself in the festival whilst I'm at home, I'm hoping I can still enjoy it, despite not being at the festival. Although I am looking forward to not having a week long comedown for once :D 

Is this your first child by any chance?

2 minutes ago, mr flow said:

It is indeed. I felt 6 weeks was a little "too" young to bring to a festival!

Thought as much, since you seem to believe you'll have a spare 5 minutes to do anything other than sleep, change nappies and generally fret about what the fuck you've just brought into the world with a 6 week old child! :P 

6 minutes ago, Havors said:

Whats the internet 4G/3G connections like? Im guessing 100k+ people trying to be online at same time causes a strain? 

Vfestival used to be awful connection, even for texting. 

Yep, it's great these days - you can even watch videos, texting comes through fast too.  Everything pretty much works just as well as in a city, possibly better because there are no buildings to get in the way of the signal.

3 minutes ago, donkeykong said:

Pretty good last time I went (2015). I'm on EE and had 4G all the time - could follow the Libertines developments easily enough

Wasnt that when 4G was relatively new though? probably 5x as many phones using now

Im just swapping from EE to vodafone.... it will be just my luck if EE is great and Voda crap :)

3 minutes ago, Havors said:

Wasnt that when 4G was relatively new though? probably 5x as many phones using now

Im just swapping from EE to vodafone.... it will be just my luck if EE is great and Voda crap :)

The girlfriend is on vodafone and last year she didn't complain at all about it even though she was uploading pictures/Whatsapping/snapchatting/all that jazz.

2 minutes ago, Slavivlad said:

The girlfriend is on vodafone and last year she didn't complain at all about it even though she was uploading pictures/Whatsapping/snapchatting/all that jazz.

winner winner chicken dinner! so someone is going to be lovely and update a twitter feed with secret gig info? 

2 hours ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Thought as much, since you seem to believe you'll have a spare 5 minutes to do anything other than sleep, change nappies and generally fret about what the fuck you've just brought into the world with a 6 week old child! :P 

Haha, I'm sure I'll have hands full, but I'm a modern man, so can text and tweet with one hand, and hold the baby in the other :P

N.B. The other half is aware I've offered to do this and has agreed to be on nappy duties during the weekend :ph34r:

On Wednesday, March 29, 2017 at 10:49 PM, MrZigster said:

Does anyone know where I can get the Cabaret line ups from each day? By far my most attended area but you have to make the trek each morning to find the timings.

The Cabaret tent line up a direct times are announced before the festival along with all other stages.