Secret Glasto text alerts

Franky

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All the previous runners bagged tickets in the main sale this year. We'll try to recruit after the resale.

Every year it's touch and go that we can find someone that is obsessed enough with the festival to run the service, yet not actually in attendance. We've talked about doing an automated service if there are no volunteers, but that would obviously not be as good as having someone live tweeting, since it would be unable to react to the sets that come to light over the festival, which is about 1/4 of them and where @SecretGlasto shines. For the pre-known sets you can just look at the corresponding thread on here, and you don't need the texts/tweets at all.

Are you stepping forward? ;)

Edited by stuartbert two hats

17 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

All the previous runners bagged tickets in the main sale this year. We'll try to recruit after the resale.

Every year it's touch and go that we can find someone that is obsessed enough with the festival to run the service, yet not actually in attendance. We've talked about doing an automated service if there are no volunteers, but that would obviously not be as good as having someone live tweeting, since it would be unable to react to the sets that come to light over the festival, which is about 1/4 of them and where @SecretGlasto shines. For the pre-known sets you can just look at the corresponding thread on here, and you don't need the texts/tweets at all.

Are you stepping forward? ;)

How do the sets come to light

17 minutes ago, BenLFC said:

What was the Radiohead one about last year? Good wind up that. 

The one about Radiohead in the long drops? That was a test tweet before the festival if I remember correctly.

Whoever does it this year would do well to use a social search engine while the festival is on. I turned up several posts by bands/agents shortly before they were due to play. The search function on twitter is quite rubbish in comparison.

5 minutes ago, musky said:

The one about Radiohead in the long drops? That was a test tweet before the festival if I remember correctly.

Whoever does it this year would do well to use a social search engine while the festival is on. I turned up several posts by bands/agents shortly before they were due to play. The search function on twitter is quite rubbish in comparison.

It was during the festival. I was stood next to the long drops when it came through by the park and was running around trying to find a clue. Got me good and proper. 

33 minutes ago, Scruffylovemonster said:

Think @stuartbert two hats is the guy you need to speak to 

@Muppetmark is the boss, I did it two years ago because of lack of ticket and organised the replacement last year because Mark was doing exams and he tends to have slightly more life than me, so I talk more, by he's in charge as far as I'm concerned.

14 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

@Muppetmark is the boss, I did it two years ago because of lack of ticket and organised the replacement last year because Mark was doing exams and he tends to have slightly more life than me, so I talk more, by he's in charge as far as I'm concerned.

While i was the one who set it up,  you ran it so well which made it the popular behemoth that it is today.  

2 hours ago, mr flow said:

Guys, i'm not going this year due to an impending arrival of my first child in May. Happy to offer my help on this if people want??

I'm more than happy for you to run it if you want to :)

was me running it last year, slightly disappointed by the lack of secrets! I think in the twitter age secret sets will die out.

Most 'secrets' were from before the fest, people posting the crows nest board, and some tips, most tips were fake tbh, unless I got a second/third tip for the same thing, I didn't post it out.

The radiohead thing was my idea of humor, the account was hounded with tweets about radiohead, so put the radiohead tweet out there but the long drop thing to make it an obvious wind up, but then it was apparently not so obvious has hundreds were scrambling for further info :D

13 minutes ago, august1 said:

The radiohead thing was my idea of humor, the account was hounded with tweets about radiohead, so put the radiohead tweet out there but the long drop thing to make it an obvious wind up, but then it was apparently not so obvious has hundreds were scrambling for further info :D

i thought it was hilarious, getting calls from my mates at glasto being like what does this mean and all i could do was piss myself laughing. 

19 minutes ago, august1 said:

was me running it last year, slightly disappointed by the lack of secrets! I think in the twitter age secret sets will die out.

Most 'secrets' were from before the fest, people posting the crows nest board, and some tips, most tips were fake tbh, unless I got a second/third tip for the same thing, I didn't post it out.

WHERE IS THE LONG DROPS BAR??????

1 hour ago, BenLFC said:

It was during the festival. I was stood next to the long drops when it came through by the park and was running around trying to find a clue. Got me good and proper. 

Probably should have mentioned my memory is crap. :lol:

Just wanted to add my support. Been following since the start and found it by far the best thing to have on text alert whilst there. It's so nice not to have to tramp up to The Crows Nest to see if they have anything decent on. And to be informed of the Dalai Lama's every move.

Does anyone know where I can get the Cabaret line ups from each day? By far my most attended area but you have to make the trek each morning to find the timings.

39 minutes ago, MrZigster said:

Just wanted to add my support. Been following since the start and found it by far the best thing to have on text alert whilst there. It's so nice not to have to tramp up to The Crows Nest to see if they have anything decent on. And to be informed of the Dalai Lama's every move.

Does anyone know where I can get the Cabaret line ups from each day? By far my most attended area but you have to make the trek each morning to find the timings.

No, but it you're making the trek anyway, then tweeting a photo to @secretglasto would always be appreciated.

43 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

No, but it you're making the trek anyway, then tweeting a photo to @secretglasto would always be appreciated.

Always thought/realised that. But. Unfortunately. I'm one of those old gits who takes an old Nokia 1100 with replacement batteries and have no internet whilst there.

I may have remembered to do the "take a photo" thing a couple of times when I had the means, but then had my (still haunts me) Metallica camera dropping moment. I must get around to getting a new camera. Or bite the bullet and finally get a smartphone.

Edit: Hope to see you again at the meet. Didn't you have trouble getting in last year?

Edited by MrZigster
Old git forgetfulness

15 minutes ago, nickharley said:

I haven't attended for the past two years, so just wondering were there large secret sets of note in 2015 or 2016? I'm guessing after Pulp and Radiohead on the Park that kind of thing stopped?

This one was pretty well known... (don't doubt some would disagree with the report} 

http://www.nme.com/blogs/nme-blogs/the-libertines-secret-set-was-glastonburys-most-exciting-moment-in-years-heres-why-767640

7 hours ago, nickharley said:

I haven't attended for the past two years, so just wondering were there large secret sets of note in 2015 or 2016? I'm guessing after Pulp and Radiohead on the Park that kind of thing stopped?

I'd say The Libertines, so many people in the crowd had no idea until they came on