First Time at Rock Werchter

gpl03

Actually it will be my first time at any multi day music festival. I am a Canadian travelling alone...couldn't round up any of my friends to go but this lineup was too hard to pass up so I decided to go solo.

Just looking for any info/advice anyone has for me? Things to bring? What to be aware of? Any info whatsoever would be a great help and appreciated!

I am not staying on the campground, so I don't really need to know anything about the camping portion of it.

Thanks!

1 hour ago, gpl03 said:

Actually it will be my first time at any multi day music festival. I am a Canadian travelling alone...couldn't round up any of my friends to go but this lineup was too hard to pass up so I decided to go solo.

Just looking for any info/advice anyone has for me? Things to bring? What to be aware of? Any info whatsoever would be a great help and appreciated!

I am not staying on the campground, so I don't really need to know anything about the camping portion of it.

Thanks!

Clothings:

In case of rain: wellies and a k-way (I suggest to have always a poncho or similar in your backpack).

In case of sun: sunscreen, a cap and drink water (and beer obviously but mostly water - I remember a couple of times I went down mixed sun/beer).

No flip flop (better sneakers since the ground is usually muddy/dusty).

The only thing I'm afraid of at festivals (after Pukkelpop 2011) is the weather but mostly for camping.

I always have plastic clapping hands for find friends in the crowd but you're going solo so you don't need it (and after all is a bullshit :) )

If you don't want to spend too much I reccomend you to bring your own food inside the festival site (I've never do it cause I feel festivals like holidays and I forget the money value but it could be a good idea).

There are some recycling point inside the festival site in which you can change 20 empty glasses with a coupon (1 coupon = 1 beer).

When the tents (Barn and Klub C) reach the maximum capacity they close them so if you want to see a popular act there is better to come in early (10/20 mins could be ok).

Same thing for headliners on mainstage if you want to stay close to the stage.

I hope this could be helpful, if you need other advices ask whatever you want.

Edited by alan_ts

• 2 months later...

Should I stick to a single stage for the day? Or is it possible to switch between stages and still get close enough to have a good view?  Any advice?

Also, how does the beer purchasing/drinking work at this festival? tickets? a beer tent? etc.

15 hours ago, gpl03 said:

Should I stick to a single stage for the day? Or is it possible to switch between stages and still get close enough to have a good view?  Any advice?

Also, how does the beer purchasing/drinking work at this festival? tickets? a beer tent? etc.

You will receive answers and info much quicker if you post in the main Rock Werchter thread.

In RW the stages are really close and you can enter right to the front very easily without bother othet people, bar some headliners. The closest rings have a convenient gate system. 

At the festival site you buy food and drinks with coupons only. You can buy them in advance (cheapest) or by credit card on site (cheaper) or cadh on site.