Bonobo

pauladam

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is unbelievable!!! Why would he announce he was playing so early then? It makes no sense. Did he just presume he was playing because he had before? 

Gutted. 

Absolutely killed it at Brixton start of this year. Headlining wilderness so will catch him there thankfully. But what a disappointment for the band

15 hours ago, Ollie9917 said:

that would certainly be a downgrade

What if he's not allowed to perform for self confirming so early ? ? they took his slot away hasn't that been done before? 

I did wonder if something like that happened when he didn't appear on the first line up poster , harsh punishment if true :(   when did it happen before? 

21 minutes ago, Tuna said:

The fact he'd self-confirmed was probably what did them in; you wouldn't get any offers to play if the bookers heard on the grapevine that you'd already been snapped up by another stage, would ya?

I was thinking this, maybe he was misquoted (I can't remember the details of his self confirm)? Saying that he'd play assuming that he would get an invite then all relevant bookers assume others had sealed the deal and didn't feel the need to double up.

In fairness, if I remember right, there weren't any direct quotes from Bonobo in the article itself on him playing, it was more the interviewer mentioned it as part of the blurb (most likely as it was an off the record thing).

2 hours ago, jparx said:

That's so w*nk. Some of the bilge on the lineup and Bonobo doesn't even get asked?

Careful, parxy...

Being non-specifically disparaging about some of the artists on the entire line-up that you don't like will get you downvoted...

Apparently.

Inexplicably!

:)

Ben

Edited by bennyhana22

25 minutes ago, bennyhana22 said:

Careful, parxy...

Being non-specifically disparaging about some of the artists on the entire line-up that you don't like will get you downvoted...

Apparently.

Inexplicably!

:)

Ben

I'm in a rebellious mood today :lol:

8 minutes ago, aidenlangan95 said:

Just surprised they didn't book Bonobo after ATCQ pulled out; even if they still moved Dizzee to WH and put Bonobo as the Friday night JP headliner. Annie Mac is a baffling JP headliner to me.

Probably because he's got a gig on the Friday & isn't The Who :P