Had a little walk today.......

Dave_c

On 26/03/2017 at 1:20 PM, phil the shrew said:

Please let the site be looking that green and mud free by the Monday after this years festival

Glastonbury is always a great week regardless of the weather but the muddy one are a hard slog 

This

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 26/03/2017 at 9:02 AM, Dave_c said:

Now all I need to do is get a ticket!!!! After being there yesterday, the thought of not being there in June is unbearable.

Wow this must be the Glastonbury equivalent of self flagellation! To go onto the site on a beautiful day without having tickets in the bag yet. 

Good luck though my friend! Not long to resale. ;)

Anyone know when the site closes to the public this year?

There's been a couple of comments on FB that the 'public need to stay clear' sign is already up on Mary's gate, and a comment that they're blocking public access from Easter this year - wondering if any of the people in the know can verify?

24 minutes ago, nodolphie said:

There's been a couple of comments on FB that the 'public need to stay clear' sign is already up on Mary's gate, and a comment that they're blocking public access from Easter this year - wondering if any of the people in the know can verify?

I want to go for a wander next weekend - I'm going to email the office tomorrow. 

8 hours ago, nodolphie said:

local road works - not festival related. 

11 minutes ago, Jamie D said:

Is this a printed sign? If so, where do I get the font?

It does look printed that, but I'm pretty sure that typeface is handpainted by one of the build crew, I'm sure I've seen it on a film/video. Entirely possible they digitised it, but I doubt it's available 

3 hours ago, Jamie D said:

Is this a printed sign? If so, where do I get the font?

Funnily enough I think I have that font in an email somewhere. I was thinking about using it for a tattoo and a clever person from here emailed it to me. 

Would you like me to email it to you? PM me if you would :-) 

In this article about Glasto 2013 they talk to Mo who does all the hand-painted signs:

"Mo is reluctant to call it anything as grand as a font. "It just evolved," he said, "like things do. I've been doing it for 20 years and I am doing about 40 or 50 signs a day at the moment." Mo starts work just under a month before the festival begins and this year hopes to be rewarded by seeing Seasick Steve play."

https://www.theguardian.com/music/2013/jun/23/glastonbury-takes-shape

1 hour ago, deebeedoobee said:

I was talking about the yellow road closure signs near blue gate. 

do you mean the 'Road Closed 10 - 15th April' signs that are on Cockmill Lane and over by the Pylle Rd/Pylle Lane junction?

They have appeared before also....always assumed they were to allow for fence deliveries/distribution...but perhaps not....

2 minutes ago, parsonjack said:

do you mean the 'Road Closed 10 - 15th April' signs that are on Cockmill Lane and over by the Pylle Rd/Pylle Lane junction?

They have appeared before also....always assumed they were to allow for fence deliveries/distribution...but perhaps not....

Yes they're the ones.

1 minute ago, themuel said:

Funnily enough I think I have that font in an email somewhere. I was thinking about using it for a tattoo and a clever person from here emailed it to me. 

Would you like me to email it to you? PM me if you would :-) 

If you could PM it that would be absolutely amazing!

Reason being.. I'm getting married next year and we've purposefully booked it in a field for the weekend Glastonbury would have been on. If we could get the signage in Glastonbury style that would be absolutely amazing!

Hello folks,

The sun's shining and it's balance payment week so getting very excited.

We're thinking of paying a visit to the farm this weekend.  It's the first time I'd have been outside the festival.  Is the site reasonably accessible via footpaths? Where would you start and finish a walk round?  If I knock on Michael's door will he invite me in for a cup of tea?

Maybe the last one's a long shot but you get the idea.

59 minutes ago, SteveTLizard said:

Hello folks,

The sun's shining and it's balance payment week so getting very excited.

We're thinking of paying a visit to the farm this weekend.  It's the first time I'd have been outside the festival.  Is the site reasonably accessible via footpaths? Where would you start and finish a walk round?  If I knock on Michael's door will he invite me in for a cup of tea?

Maybe the last one's a long shot but you get the idea.

I just got this email from the festival. It's a no go I'm afraid. 

IMG_4450.PNG

5 minutes ago, Perks said:

Ah blast. Planned to go Easter, did email last week and said I wanted to go Easter, here's the reply. Not sure what to do now seeing that reply above

image.jpeg

If you've personally had an email saying it's ok to come over Easter with a map explicitly showing where it's ok to walk, then I'd follow that e-mail.

2 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

If you've personally had an email saying it's ok to come over Easter with a map explicitly showing where it's ok to walk, then I'd follow that e-mail.

Yeah, I did say Easter in my email, but my thoughts (after seeing the above email) is maybe they didn't read that I said Easter and thought I meant that day. Seems odd they are saying don't go now. I'd be gutted if we got there and couldn't take a look. Might email again nearer the time... Cheers dude.

Just now, Perks said:

Yeah, I did say Easter in my email, but my thoughts (after seeing the above email) is maybe they didn't read that I said Easter and thought I meant that day. Seems odd they are saying don't go now. I'd be gutted if we got there and couldn't take a look. Might email again nearer the time... Cheers dude.

I'm reasonably sure the fence won't be up by then - you'll be able to get on.

I've visited the site at around this time and the office were fine with it. I wouldn't go this time next month, but early April has always been fine in the past, iirc. Earlier email was probably an office staff member being overly cautious. As far as I'm aware, the public footpaths extend through the site, although understandably they're closed off close to the time.