Re-sale tips

Smashers

6 minutes ago, clarkete said:

And either use one of those plug ins that gives you shortcuts to the text you need to enter or a text file with them in, so if you get a page you can avoid mistakes and shave some seconds. 

Any helpers are a blessing, if they're elsewhere and have a tablet to try too that also seems great some years. 

Oh and even if you don't have text short cuts, I would at the very least have all the numbers and postcodes and card number typed on a note pad document, ready to cut and paste- if you're anything like me you'll be having a nervous breakdown if you're lucky to enough to get to the payment details page, and will be struggling to read or type (due to trembling fingers!), so its easier if you just cut and paste!

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 minutes ago, Mr.Tease said:

Oh and even if you don't have text short cuts, I would at the very least have all the numbers and postcodes and card number typed on a note pad document, ready to cut and paste- if you're anything like me you'll be having a nervous breakdown if you're lucky to enough to get to the payment details page, and will be struggling to read or type (due to trembling fingers!), so its easier if you just cut and paste!

Hey I said that, you are a tease ;)

1 hour ago, Mr.Tease said:

I have 2 questions, if anyone can help:

1) If you're just getting the white page of doom and can't even get the holding page, and it takes  quite a few seconds for the loading bar to complete, do you have to wait until the page has fully loaded before refreshing, or is it better to just mash F5 (basically if its taking ages does that mean it definitely won't load up the reg details screen?

2) And also if you get through to the reg details screen, and all goes well, then you're through to the payment screen, then you input your card details but when you submit it times out, is it better to refresh, or should you press go back and then resubmit? I can never remember which I do!

I've never seen the white screen but if I persistently got it I would be inclined to close down my browser and start again, press back if the payment screen hangs. 
Charm x

It wouldn't really help, so there's no need to do it! There's no secret technique or trick to guarantee success in the time frame that the tickets will be on sale for- last year they sold out in the resale in 14mins for the coach, 20mins for the general, so it's not worth faffing about trying anything fancy.

I would say, keep it simple, just have 2 or 3 different browsers open, one window a piece and keep refreshing one of them, and leaving the other to automatically refresh with the timer. Use the third as an emergency option, or for variety purposes if you aren't getting anywhere with the other. Some years one of my browsers seems to get through more easily than the others, or at least loads up the waiting page quicker.

Be careful though- once in a while, for some reason you can end up just refreshing the holding page loop (so it's not actually trying to connect you)- so be vigilant, as refreshing that would be futile. I don't know how it happens but it's happened to be me once or twice the past few years, and if in doubt just manually type in the glastonbury.seetickets.com again

Cool thanks for the info! How would I know if I was refreshing the holding page loop? Sorry I can{t help with the questions your posted - keen to know the answers though!

2 hours ago, James96 said:

This might sound daft but when people say about getting someone to help get you a ticket, how does that work if you don't live with them and say you're doing a random person online. Because surely you need their bank card to pay for the transaction?  

From what I've gathered from these threads, you don't need to be one of the four people going to pay for the tickets. Therefore, aslong as you trust them to pay you back, it's all good :) Hopefully someone will correct me if that's wrong!!!

1 hour ago, clarkete said:

Hey I said that, you are a tease ;)

Haha! Good infor all round :) But yes, I can imagine I'll be shaking all over the place if I get that far. I think it's only happened once and it crashed... Luckily my mates usually have more luck

20 minutes ago, Charm said:

I've never seen the white screen but if I persistently got it I would be inclined to close down my browser and start again, press back if the payment screen hangs. 
Charm x

You've NEVER got the white screen???? :-o 

8 minutes ago, Sasperella said:

Haha! Good infor all round :) But yes, I can imagine I'll be shaking all over the place if I get that far. I think it's only happened once and it crashed... Luckily my mates usually have more luck

You've NEVER got the white screen???? :-o 

I have multiple devices going so it's likely I've had it on them but not cared, my pc always gets the holding page.
Charm x

3 hours ago, Sasperella said:

Starting to get some chronic resale fear and it's still two weeks away...and I have a ticket, so the fear is purely for my three friends. I've seen a couple of people say about leaving a booking page open with your details filled in, but being the opposite of what could be considered a techie, I'm sure I get that. Don't you have to have got through before you get to a booking page? How would one get one up before they'd got through? Thanks!

2 hours ago, Mr.Tease said:

It wouldn't really help, so there's no need to do it! There's no secret technique or trick to guarantee success in the time frame that the tickets will be on sale for- last year they sold out in the resale in 14mins for the coach, 20mins for the general, so it's not worth faffing about trying anything fancy.

I would say, keep it simple, just have 2 or 3 different browsers open, one window a piece and keep refreshing one of them, and leaving the other to automatically refresh with the timer. Use the third as an emergency option, or for variety purposes if you aren't getting anywhere with the other. Some years one of my browsers seems to get through more easily than the others, or at least loads up the waiting page quicker.

Be careful though- once in a while, for some reason you can end up just refreshing the holding page loop (so it's not actually trying to connect you)- so be vigilant, as refreshing that would be futile. I don't know how it happens but it's happened to be me once or twice the past few years, and if in doubt just manually type in the glastonbury.seetickets.com again

Yeah, sorry for any confusion. I was referring to the unannounced (aka secret) resale, after the one that takes place in mid April. Last year it was lightning fast with only a very few tickets available, and as it turned out speed was very much of the essence. For all the talk of being quick entering your details in the main sale and normal resale, it's not particularly important until you're into the period when tickets are possibly running low - about 15 minutes onwards. Last years secret resale was brutal, and it was very much a one shot deal. I failed despite sitting on a computer with the page open.

16 minutes ago, musky said:

Yeah, sorry for any confusion. I was referring to the unannounced (aka secret) resale, after the one that takes place in mid April. Last year it was lightning fast with only a very few tickets available, and as it turned out speed was very much of the essence. For all the talk of being quick entering your details in the main sale and normal resale, it's not particularly important until you're into the period when tickets are possibly running low - about 15 minutes onwards. Last years secret resale was brutal, and it was very much a one shot deal. I failed despite sitting on a computer with the page open.

I know someone who was in a group of 6 in the original sale, but one of the numbers was wrong, so of course all 6 got rejected.  By the time they had found the error and corrected it, they were sold out.  Also there are always a few who write that once they entered their details they got a sold out message. 

Ever since I've tried having notepad to hand for copy & paste, although in my case 2/3 of the most recent years someone else got them on a blooming ipad. 

8 minutes ago, clarkete said:

I know someone who was in a group of 6 in the original sale, but one of the numbers was wrong, so of course all 6 got rejected.  By the time they had found the error and corrected it, they were sold out.  Also there are always a few who write that once they entered their details they got a sold out message. 

Ever since I've tried having notepad to hand for copy & paste, although in my case 2/3 of the most recent years someone else got them on a blooming ipad. 

Sure, I've had the 'entered my details but sold out' thing in 3 of the last 5 main sales, but the reality is that I probably only got the booking page because it was sold out - it usually takes them several minutes before the page redirects to a 'sold out' page.

I was really trying to emphasise the speed of the secret resale last year, which made the ordinary sales look like a walk in the park by comparison. I've no idea if the secret resale will be anything like as quick  this year (it lasted a leisurely 10 minutes in 2015), but I'd want to be prepared for another blitz of a sale if I had to go through again.

I seem to get through in the main sales fairly consistently (twice now, I've got through for 12+ people when none of the others have got a sniff). I usually have a couple of browsers open on laptop/phone/ipad.

My one top tip is if you get through and put in the details and then get an error page when moving forward - don't refresh. Press the back button and then press submit or whatever it is again. This has served me right on more than one occasion. I'm not very techy so have no idea if this is an obvious technique or not! 

10 hours ago, Larraht said:

I seem to get through in the main sales fairly consistently (twice now, I've got through for 12+ people when none of the others have got a sniff). I usually have a couple of browsers open on laptop/phone/ipad.

My one top tip is if you get through and put in the details and then get an error page when moving forward - don't refresh. Press the back button and then press submit or whatever it is again. This has served me right on more than one occasion. I'm not very techy so have no idea if this is an obvious technique or not! 

Ah, thanks! I can never remember what I do in the heat of the moment (back or refresh)- I've had very good luck and success in the past, managing to get tickets every year since 2003. Failed miserably this year due to being on a training course that weekend (so could only try for 10 mins on my mobile)- I think my luck has probably run out by now, but I shall be trying in the resale.

12 hours ago, Sasperella said:

Cool thanks for the info! How would I know if I was refreshing the holding page loop? Sorry I can{t help with the questions your posted - keen to know the answers though!

I'm not actually sure! I remember one year, after the sale had finished, I found a browser page on my desktop that was still giving the "you're in a queue" page with the countdown to refresh- but it was on an endless cycle, so everytime it got down to 0, it just went back to 20 secs or whatever. Then a year or two later, I noticed during all the refreshes, that one of the browsers addresses had changed or something, and was just looping the holding page. Reading over it it sounds like some sort of fevered dream! But I do seem to remember another poster posting a similar tale on a resale day.

Right, so one of my questions has been answered (if you submit the reg details or card details and it times out, it is apparently better to go back and re-submit rather than refresh), that leaves just my other one:

If it's taking a fair few seconds to fully load the white screen/holding page, is it best to wait until it's fully loaded before pressing f5 again, or does a long load time mean it's only going to load the white screen or hold page, so it's better to just keep mashing f5 quickly until you get the whiff of the reg details page?

14 hours ago, Mr.Tease said:

I have 2 questions, if anyone can help:

1) If you're just getting the white page of doom and can't even get the holding page, and it takes  quite a few seconds for the loading bar to complete, do you have to wait until the page has fully loaded before refreshing, or is it better to just mash F5 (basically if its taking ages does that mean it definitely won't load up the reg details screen?

2) And also if you get through to the reg details screen, and all goes well, then you're through to the payment screen, then you input your card details but when you submit it times out, is it better to refresh, or should you press go back and then resubmit? I can never remember which I do!

With regards to the white screen of death, my advice would be to have a few different connections phone, laptop tablet etc, hopefully you'll get the loading page on at least one of them, then just sack any with the white screen off and focus all your attention on the one with the loading page. That's always worked in the normal sale for the past few years. The time you take messing about with a white screen when you could be focusing on one screen with a loading page is not worth wasting. I think that's where a lot of novices go wrong and some of my friends too. They just get a white screen and pretty much stare at it for 30 minutes thinking it's impossible to get into a booking page until the tickets are gone.

in october at around 09.30 got to put in reg details after a few times of having to use the back button because of blank screen got through to payment screen pressed confirm and got white screen again kept pressing back button and confirming again and again at 09.40 got the sold out page but did not give up and at 09.57 it said booking complete so keep trying you might get lucky i almost gave up   

16 hours ago, Mr.Tease said:

This is great advice; always have everything you need to hand as speed is of the essence. I think you literally just need the above details and the rest is all automatically linked to your registration number.

Good luck to all those trying. I'd definitely always try the coach sale as well to give yourself two chances (going by coach is my preference but even if it isn't yours, surely better than not going at all!). I've successfully got resale tickets for a friend in 2010 and for myself in 2014. It can be done.

2 hours ago, Thunderstruck said:

Best success I had was for a friend the other year...The coach sales is not long after the end of work on a weekday. Get your workmates down the pub, buy them a pint and get them on their phones refreshing the booking page! 

Genius. 

Question regarding Coach + Ticket packages, is there good range of stops to travel from or is it just London/Manchester?

got a couple of tickets and coach from Norwich separately, trying to get tickets for my sister in the resale, wondering whether both options are worth trying 

11 minutes ago, evannn said:

Question regarding Coach + Ticket packages, is there good range of stops to travel from or is it just London/Manchester?

got a couple of tickets and coach from Norwich separately, trying to get tickets for my sister in the resale, wondering whether both options are worth trying 

From TOS:
Coach-fares-2017-BIG.png

You are totally dependent on how many tickets are returned for each departure point in the resales, so there's no guessing if one location will have a greater proportion returned than another. Basically, try for any departure point they can reasonably get to. And then try the ones they can't.