Rock Werchter 2017 Loner Camp Chat

JayBeeis

Hello everyone! Sorry it's late, but it's finally here: the Rock Werchter 2017 Loner Camp Chat

To get this started I thought we could all first introduce ourselves and then somewhen down the line... Explain how we are getting to the festival and plan out how our camp can go.
As the creator of the thread, I want to make it clear I don't want to necessarily take ownership of the plan as I have never been to Werchter before.

Ok so let's get this discussion underway...

RW line up.jpg

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm James, my friends call me Jimmerz :). I'm 22 and I will be travelling with my girlfriend Jessica. I think it would be great to meet some new people who love music festivals as much as we do! (We actually met at Isle of Wight fest in 2015). Safety in numbers and camp atmosphere is really important to me and I think this chat could be great for that.

I have been to several festivals, including: Reading, IoW and Glasto 

Travelling from the Eurostar London-Belgium with all our festival gear and our tent :D 

In the other thread I have seen a lot of people request this kind of thread so I expect more to come soon...

Hi guys. I'm Tyler and I'll be there with my girlfriend Olivia. We're from Minnesota, this will be my first time in Europe. We'll be spending Tuesday night in an Airbnb in Brussels, then taking the train over on Wednesday and camping in the Hive. Depending how much room I have in my suitcase, I'll either be bringing a tent or we'll be looking to buy one in Brussels. Looking forward to getting to know and partying with some Europeans! I'll also take any advice on bars/restaurants/breweries to go to during our limited time in Brussels. 

So a bit more about me, I'm 22 and I'm going to Glastonbury the week before. Hence why I'm getting the coach. My friend was going to get a ticket but it sold out before he had the chance so I know absolutely no one going. A few friends are on the waiting list but I'm not going to hold my breath. 

Hi, I'm Valentin, travelling alone from Bucharest, Romania. My plan is to arrive in Brussels on Tuesday(bought the tickets yesterday), then camp in the Hive on Wednesday. My only experience for a festival abroad was on Exit last year, but I also did camp on other local festivals. 

Hi I am Bogdan and I will be traveling alone from London. I am planning to arrive in Brussels on Thursday morning via Eurostar (booking tickets soon) and camp afterwards in the Hive. I've done quite a few festivals in the past but I only camped at Peninsula Festival in 2011 so looking forward doing it again at RW!

Hi! My name is Richie, I’m 28 years old and I’m travelling alone from Lima – Perú. This is my first festival in Europe, but I’ve been to quite a few in this side of the Atlantic since 2012 (Lollapalooza in Chile and Argentina, Estereo Picnic in Colombia, Corona Capital in México, Coachella in California and Governors Ball in NYC). I’m actually going to Mad Cool Festival in Spain the week after Rock Werchter.

I arrive on Wednesday in Brussels and plan to camp at The Hive Resort. Any tips you have will be much appreciated!!

I’m really looking forward to this festival and meeting great people to share a beer with!:D

Hello, my name is Mario, im 30 years old, im from Santander, a small city in the north of Spain. I bought the combi & the hive tickets and booked the trip early november but my friends whom expected to come with me, waited to long because of their jobs and now all the combi tickets are gone, so I'm traveling alone. I arrive Brussels 29 june around 4 pm, but i will try to change my fly to arrive around 11 am. Its my first time at Werchter so im looking forward to meeting new people, any tip are welcome!

See you there, stay in touch 

Hey guys!

I'm Nils and I'm from Germany, but currently living in the Netherlands. I'm 28 years old and visited Rock Werchter back in 2011 and 2012. I'm planning to arrive on the Hive on Wednesday afternoon. Unfortunately I couldn't really motivate any of my people for this years edition of the festival, so I would be glad to meet up with some other international festival goers on the campsite and on the festival. I already am in touch with a few other guys from Spain and Brazil and we just started a Whatsapp group share some info etc. If anyone is interested to join that group just shoot me a message!

Hi everyone! My name is Alex, I'm 23 and I'm from Russia. Couldn't persuade any of my friends to come with me, so I'll be traveling alone. I'll be staying in Paris for 6 days before the festival, then going to Brussels on 28th and setting up in the Hive in the evening. I've been to several European festivals before(like Sziget and Primavera Sound), but it will be my first Rock Werchter and first ever time staying in camping. I'm really looking forward to meeting new people and making new friends at this wonderful festival:)

Hello, everyone! I'm Candan and I'm from Istanbul, Turkey. I had a friend who was going to come with me but he had to cancel it so I'll be coming alone and I'm looking forward to meeting new people. This will be my first festival other than the local ones in Turkey. You know the shit going on between Turkey and European countries so I am worried about getting the visa. I hope they will give me the visa so that I can enjoy the hell out of the festival and meet you! 

On 22/03/2017 at 8:49 PM, ThePushover said:

So a bit more about me, I'm 22 and I'm going to Glastonbury the week before. Hence why I'm getting the coach. My friend was going to get a ticket but it sold out before he had the chance so I know absolutely no one going. A few friends are on the waiting list but I'm not going to hold my breath. 

Nice to know I'm not the only one crazy enough to do the Glastonbury->Werchter combo :)

1 hour ago, kingbadger said:

Nice to know I'm not the only one crazy enough to do the Glastonbury->Werchter combo :)

Did it last year but didn't camp. I'd do it again If I had ticket to Glastonbury. It actually makes sense as they're so different and yet can ease your time there knowing you can avoid clashes. 

51 minutes ago, ThePushover said:

How're you getting from one to the other?

I stayed the Monday at Bristol because I was terrified of traffic and then took a flight to Brussels. 

I'm going to try ad get Glasto tix on the resale... But we all know how that will probably go :(

10 hours ago, ThePushover said:

How're you getting from one to the other?

Ahhh this is where it gets complicated. I'm from Essex, but we blagged coach tickets from Southampton. So my journey goes Colchester->Southampton->Glastonbury->Southampton->Colchester, leaving Colchester on Tuesday and back the following Monday. Then it's a train to London on the Wednesday, Eurostar to Brussels that afternoon, then we're there for the night before heading to the festival, then doing the whole trip to return again! Going to be a manic couple of weeks, though my mate is doing the same as me but then going onto MADcool the weekend after! Hope your journey is going to be better than mine! 

Ahhh this is where it gets complicated. I'm from Essex, but we blagged coach tickets from Southampton. So my journey goes Colchester->Southampton->Glastonbury->Southampton->Colchester, leaving Colchester on Tuesday and back the following Monday. Then it's a train to London on the Wednesday, Eurostar to Brussels that afternoon, then we're there for the night before heading to the festival, then doing the whole trip to return again! Going to be a manic couple of weeks, though my mate is doing the same as me but then going onto MADcool the weekend after! Hope your journey is going to be better than mine! 

Bloody hell. I live in London but all my friends are driving down from Leeds on the Tuesday to stay in a hotel that night. So I'm doing London > Leeds > Glastonbury > Leeds > Manchester > Belgium > Manchester > Leeds > London. I'm going to be shattered. Although I'm going to see if I can leave from Manchester and get the coach back to London from the festival just to cut out a couple of trains. 

On 24/03/2017 at 9:27 AM, ThePushover said:

Bloody hell. I live in London but all my friends are driving down from Leeds on the Tuesday to stay in a hotel that night. So I'm doing London > Leeds > Glastonbury > Leeds > Manchester > Belgium > Manchester > Leeds > London. I'm going to be shattered. Although I'm going to see if I can leave from Manchester and get the coach back to London from the festival just to cut out a couple of trains. 

Bloody hell thought I was the only one with a ridiculous schedule! I'm going to try and see if I can sneak a London coch back on the Monday from Glastonbury to cut some travel out.

Have since booked Flaming Lips in Brighton on the Tuesday between Glastonbury/RW so I'm really not doing myself any favours.

• 3 weeks later...